HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

multi sim with singtel to use on Ipad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #61

then hw? can go back n change to multi sim? need pay any extra charges? nabeh... tat FT cso still say wont be slow... gan~
I don't think you can.. Taglite is 12 months contract.. Unless you really go bang table there you can get something done
DonnnN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #62
Supremacy Member

No, I got my Normal multi SIM yesterday, today got active, so i just cut it. just need to know where the contact point is and the correct size to cut. O yah, you need a nail file to trim to a fitting size.

edit: Forgot to add 1 more thing, if u get a normal SIM, the month;y cost will be $5, not $10 (that is for singtel)
ermmm...meaning ur main line is already a normal size sim card rite? then you get another normal size sim for the multisim?

i tink i will go to a shop and get them to help me cut or see if i can find any kind soul here..
Presto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #63

Damn bad la.. My iPhone 4 speedtest 4mbps.. My iPad 2 next to it run speedtest getting 0.11mbps.. Wth
I don't think you can.. Taglite is 12 months contract.. Unless you really go bang table there you can get something done

i will try to ask them change n waive charge if speed really damn jialat....
neh... wont bang table la... juz tell them i want terminate all my lines straight away
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #64

ermmm...meaning ur main line is already a normal size sim card rite? then you get another normal size sim for the multisim?

i tink i will go to a shop and get them to help me cut or see if i can find any kind soul here..
Yah, you can say that I just get another normal SIM card(that was what I though at 1st).

When you get a multi SIM, they will pass you 2 normal SIM cards, as the current 1 will be deactivated.
Matthew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:53 AM   #65

got so jialat meh taglite? mines getting activated tmr....will see if the speed is really such a huge issue....any kudos to all who waited in line and managed to get the ipad model they wanted! haha the wait paid off huh!?
deathguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:03 AM   #66

got so jialat meh taglite? mines getting activated tmr....will see if the speed is really such a huge issue....any kudos to all who waited in line and managed to get the ipad model they wanted! haha the wait paid off huh!?
Yeah.. Damn bad..
DonnnN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #67

I hope this helps iPad users who are being unknowingly conned into using the slower taglite service.

I went to singtel on Friday night to get my multisim card to use on my iPad 2. I stupidly went with the cso's advice to sign up for the Taglite plan instead cos he confidently assured me (what BS!) and claimed there is no difference in speed(7.2mbs) compared with the multisim. Also you save 5 bucks(taglite)every month compared with 10 bucks(multisim) per month. In the end cost of card was waivered and I had to sign a 12 nth contract with them.

Everywhere I went I realized that my speed as being capped at 0.35mbs. I was furious, they were obviously taking me for a ride and they dare assure me I'll be getting same speeds as my iPhone.

Long story short, I went back and demanded they void my taglite contract which they did. And die die insisted on the multisim plan despite their persuasions for me to rethink my decision. The Cso even went to say that even if I get the multisim sure no difference in speed. Yeah right!

To my surprise, when I tested the multiim I got speeds of up to 4mbs, a far cry from the pathetically slow 0.2-0.35mbs with the taglite plan.

So remember, heck care what the Cso say. Demand for the multisim! You will normally get one microsim for ur iPad and a Normal for your phone. 10 bucks for connection fee and abt 30 bucks for 2 cards, one micro sim n a normal sim. I hope my experience will save you guys some grief from traveling to and fro like a fool. Really wasted my time. Lucky I managed to get the multisim. Whew! What an ordeal.

Last edited by 0200903C; 01-05-2011 at 01:17 AM..
0200903C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:19 AM   #68

no sh it man... dammit... i knw i get my pad first then get the card... stupid ass... nw got card also dunno hw...

should i go cowpeh and change on tues?

so say i get the normal multi sim at 5 bucks... any recommended place to get it cutted?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 AM   #69
Supremacy Member

Yah, you can say that I just get another normal SIM card(that was what I though at 1st).

When you get a multi SIM, they will pass you 2 normal SIM cards, as the current 1 will be deactivated.
oic so no matter wat i will still receive 2 sim card...1 for phone 1 for ipad
so i can just straight say i wan 2 normal sim card liao...
cos i tot i will just recv a new simcard for the ipad, be it normal or micro..

I hope this helps iPad users who are being unknowingly conned into using the slower taglite service.

I went to singtel on Friday night to get my multisim card to use on my iPad 2. I stupidly went with the cso's advice to sign up for the Taglite plan instead cos he confidently assured me (what BS!) and claimed there is no difference in speed(7.2mbs) compared with the multisim. Also you save 5 bucks(taglite)every month compared with 10 bucks(multisim) per month. In the end cost of card was waivered and I had to sign a 12 nth contract with them.

Everywhere I went I realized that my speed as being capped at 0.35mbs. I was furious, they were obviously taking me for a ride and they dare assure me I'll be getting same speeds as my iPhone.

Long story short, I went back and demanded they void my taglite contract which they did. And die die insisted on the multisim plan despite their persuasions for me to rethink my decision. The Cso even went to say that even if I get the multisim sure no difference in speed. Yeah right!

To my surprise, when I tested the multiim I got speeds of up to 4mbs, a far cry from the pathetically slow 0.2-0.35mbs with the taglite plan.

So remember, heck care what the Cso say. Demand for the multisim! You will normally get one microsim for ur iPad and a Normal for your phone. 10 bucks for connection fee and abt 30 bucks for 2 cards, one micro sim n a normal sim. I hope my experience will save you guys some grief from traveling to and fro like a fool. Really wasted my time. Lucky I managed to get the multisim. Whew! What an ordeal.
highlighted to singtel so many times abt their miscom and standards in cso and nth has been done till now...
jus causin more pain n confusion to us..

think i will just go singtel shop n change both my cards to norm sim

any bro know where got free cutting service?

thanx
Presto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 AM   #70

funny my taglite seems okay leh when i use it at a place with good 3g signal never do a speedtest but still performs rather well like my iphone.but 3g signal bars have to be 4-5 lah obviously
deathguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #71

Taglite is a 1 yr contract....Is there any contract for getting multiSim.??
Froggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:29 AM   #72

Taglite is a 1 yr contract....Is there any contract for getting multiSim.??
Don't need to Bang table, just insist and persist and they will void. I think they know they have this problem but some how they don't address it.

Multisim is a min 3 mth contract. No big deal.

Some may think difference in speed between the taglite and multisim is similar, but IMO there is a the multisim is faster.

You dont even need to cut the card, just ask for multisim and when they ask, specify for a normal sim and a micro sim, about 30 odd dollars for that including 10 smthing connection fee which both be charged to your next bill. Hope that helps.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:35 AM   #73

Don't need to Bang table, just insist and persist and they will void. I think they know they have this problem but some how they don't address it.

Multisim is a min 3 mth contract. No big deal.

Some may think difference in speed between the taglite and multisim is similar, but IMO there is a the multisim is faster.

You dont even need to cut the card, just ask for multisim and when they ask, specify for a normal sim and a micro sim, about 30 odd dollars for that including 10 smthing connection fee which both be charged to your next bill. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info.
Froggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:36 AM   #74

but if already paid 40 bucks for the taglite card n registration how? ask them void also?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 AM   #75

Thanks for the info.
Np. Anything. I wish someone told me this earlier
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.