www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The iPad Sanctum (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/)
-   -   multi sim with singtel to use on Ipad (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/multi-sim-singtel-use-ipad-3211017.html)

Presto80 29-04-2011 07:54 PM

multi sim with singtel to use on Ipad
 
Hi all,

any1 is using singtel multisim with ipad?

im using ip4 with microsim and so the charges per mth for xtra 1 simcard will be ard 10 bucks and not the usual 5 bucks

i specificalli said i want a normal card whch cost $5 then the cso say no..cos my existing simcard is microsim and so they cant link..

if i wan a normal card , then the cso said what then i got to register or change both n cost something like $40 bucks for 1 time and then montly ard $10..damn confusing..

why cant we just get a norm sim...

did any1 using a combi of microsim and norma sim as the multsim?

feel like being cheated by singtel..so i walk away to clarify here..

thanx for any help

duffy 29-04-2011 08:04 PM

hi, this is what the CSO told me too. so i got charged 40 dollars + 10 dollars per month for 2 Sim cards, one in my Iphone 3Gs and one in my Ipad

drpanda 29-04-2011 08:15 PM

i went to apply yesterday.. i insisted i want $5 one.. so i got it.. microsim.. any diff? im also quite confused.. but i want $5

Presto80 29-04-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpanda (Post 55332341)
i went to apply yesterday.. i insisted i want $5 one.. so i got it.. microsim.. any diff? im also quite confused.. but i want $5

ermm u insisted and they gave u a norm sim?
did they ask u wat phone u using?

drpanda 29-04-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto80 (Post 55332402)
ermm u insisted and they gave u a norm sim?
did they ask u wat phone u using?

microsim.. but they said contract 1 year..

crabstick 29-04-2011 08:39 PM

That should be Taglite. I just got it today too coat only $5 per mth

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

Presto80 29-04-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpanda (Post 55332704)
microsim.. but they said contract 1 year..

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabstick (Post 55332921)
That should be Taglite. I just got it today too coat only $5 per mth

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

taglite...tink i heard before but seems the speed is pathetic...
did u guys test?

crabstick 29-04-2011 08:45 PM

I am sharing it with my 3G data plan so shld be equally fast I guess

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

drpanda 29-04-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto80 (Post 55333011)
taglite...tink i heard before but seems the speed is pathetic...
did u guys test?

padless to test... :s13:

Presto80 29-04-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpanda (Post 55333239)
padless to test... :s13:

oic...now i duno wan use the multisim which cost $10 monthly or this taglite ($5) which seems to be havin alot of speed issue.

i just find that y shd we pay $5 extra for a smaller simcard which works the same..

any1 has any way of getting a new norm size sim card..

crabstick 29-04-2011 09:10 PM

I ask cso they say same speed as what our data plan speed is capped at

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

Presto80 29-04-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabstick (Post 55333819)
I ask cso they say same speed as what our data plan speed is capped at

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

have u used it? hws the speed?

crabstick 29-04-2011 09:22 PM

Going to try when I get home if not good gonna kp them

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

TaZ_MaN 29-04-2011 09:26 PM

My previous card is a normal sim which I used in my nokia.
Iphone 4 came out before my contract expires.
So, no choice but to buy from apple store and cut it myself.
Then went to singtel to subscribe a data plan.
That was last year.

Went to Singtel this afternoon to get multi sim after I got my ipad.
The cso asked me what do i used it for. I think I was too happy after getting my ipad and told him i'm using it on ipad. He then say they want to charge me $10 per month for the multi-sim.
I told nvm, can cut because my current one also cut one. :p

Finally, got it for $30 and $5 per month. But, the new sim seems to be smaller than the one I had.
Not sure whether it will work. Anyway, they said my current card will deactivate in 24 hrs and I need to put the new one in when i find that I cannot call out. Will post again after the switch.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

TaZ_MaN 29-04-2011 09:30 PM

By the way, when these telco suckers give you something free, you better beware.
For example, they gave out free microsim card when you buy iphone from them.
Then, when you subscribe multi sim (which undercut their ipad data plans), they will charge you $10 as long as you hold a microsim (see their multi sim plans).

For my case, I have 2 normal sim in their records. So, they can't squeeze much from me. :)

SLYEO 29-04-2011 09:42 PM

From my understanding, there are 2 types.

1) Multi Sim

Multi sim- can be used in another phone. Will not be able to receive incoming call but can have outgoing call. The data usage will be tag to the data plan of the original sim card.

Basically, it is like a copy of the original sim card, can have outgoing calls, data plan, but cannot recieve calls or sms. Cost about $10/mth

2) Taglite or tag sim (dunno which is the correct term)

Taglite or tag sim is similar to multi sim. Have data plan but cannot have outgoing call or sms. It tags to the original data plan Cost : $5/mth

Presto80 29-04-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaZ_MaN (Post 55334287)
My previous card is a normal sim which I used in my nokia.
Iphone 4 came out before my contract expires.
So, no choice but to buy from apple store and cut it myself.
Then went to singtel to subscribe a data plan.
That was last year.

Went to Singtel this afternoon to get multi sim after I got my ipad.
The cso asked me what do i used it for. I think I was too happy after getting my ipad and told him i'm using it on ipad. He then say they want to charge me $10 per month for the multi-sim.
I told nvm, can cut because my current one also cut one. :p

Finally, got it for $30 and $5 per month. But, the new sim seems to be smaller than the one I had.
Not sure whether it will work. Anyway, they said my current card will deactivate in 24 hrs and I need to put the new one in when i find that I cannot call out. Will post again after the switch.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

from your ifirst paragraph..its obviously its nt the technology tht prevent us from geting a new norm sim..cos they knw ur existing is a norm sim and they still charge u $10 for a new microsim for your ipad. which means micro n norm sim can be mixed in multisim and not what the cso told me...what they cant be linked.

so in the end they just gif you a new norm sim for the ipad or 2 new norm sim?

if can change my current microsim to norm sim then i cut myself..i wont mind..
so the total cost is $30 for the change and $5 monthly for the multisim?

pls feedback so that tml i can go find singtel to do it.

thanx

Froggyman 29-04-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaZ_MaN (Post 55334287)
My previous card is a normal sim which I used in my nokia.
Iphone 4 came out before my contract expires.
So, no choice but to buy from apple store and cut it myself.
Then went to singtel to subscribe a data plan.
That was last year.

Went to Singtel this afternoon to get multi sim after I got my ipad.
The cso asked me what do i used it for. I think I was too happy after getting my ipad and told him i'm using it on ipad. He then say they want to charge me $10 per month for the multi-sim.
I told nvm, can cut because my current one also cut one. :p

Finally, got it for $30 and $5 per month. But, the new sim seems to be smaller than the one I had.
Not sure whether it will work. Anyway, they said my current card will deactivate in 24 hrs and I need to put the new one in when i find that I cannot call out. Will post again after the switch.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Just to confirm....
1) Do you need to do configuration on your iphone4 after cutting the simcard for iPhone4?
2)Is the new multiSim card 2 pcs ( meaning need to change your current iphone4 sim card + another sim card for ipad) OR they just give you another 1 'normal' Sim card. ( that no need to change thw iphone 4 sim card)

Thanks.

Froggyman 29-04-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto80 (Post 55335589)
from your ifirst paragraph..its obviously its nt the technology tht prevent us from geting a new norm sim..cos they knw ur existing is a norm sim and they still charge u $10 for a new microsim for your ipad. which means micro n norm sim can be mixed in multisim and not what the cso told me...what they cant be linked.

so in the end they just gif you a new norm sim for the ipad or 2 new norm sim?

if can change my current microsim to norm sim then i cut myself..i wont mind..
so the total cost is $30 for the change and $5 monthly for the multisim?

pls feedback so that tml i can go find singtel to do it.

thanx

Haha.. Was having the same thinking.=:p
Why paid double every month when it is just cutting a big piece to a smaller one:s22:

Please post if you suceed in getting singtel to let u pay $5/mth with the change over.:D
Thanks.

Presto80 29-04-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Froggyman (Post 55336113)
Haha.. Was having the same thinking.=:p
Why paid double every month when it is just cutting a big piece to a smaller one:s22:

Please post if you suceed in getting singtel to let u pay $5/mth with the change over.:D
Thanks.

haa...its just not logical...

TaZ_MaN 30-04-2011 05:40 AM

Well, that's why i call them the suckers. They knew that consumers need 3g for the mobile devices, so tried to milk as much as they can.

Hmm.... 1 got 2 multi sim cards from singtel at $30, with $5 per month subscription.
They said that I will have to change the current one (the one i have cut) to the new one.
Sounds logical because otherwise cannot duplicate.

So, now I will have to cut both the SIM cards to fit into my iphone and ipad.

Also, singtel wrote on their web that you will have to pay $10 per month as long as you have a microsim (that's why they give it out free for the first one).
For my case, I bought my iphone from apple store, so I never had receive any microsim from them.
In their records, I have only normal sim cards all these while.

TaZ_MaN 30-04-2011 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Froggyman (Post 55335988)
Just to confirm....
1) Do you need to do configuration on your iphone4 after cutting the simcard for iPhone4?
2)Is the new multiSim card 2 pcs ( meaning need to change your current iphone4 sim card + another sim card for ipad) OR they just give you another 1 'normal' Sim card. ( that no need to change thw iphone 4 sim card)

Thanks.

1) Nothing need to be done. Cut my normal SIM that I used for my nokia phone and place into the iphone. It just works..... Btw, my sibling did the same, but failed in the first try. I told her cannot be. She rub rub the sim card and it works. Think the surface of the sim is dirty. So, don't panic if it doesn't work.

2) Got a set of 2 SIM cards from them. Asked them if next time I need to get another device, will they issue me with 3 SIM cards? (I was thinking, walau, I have to cut all over again). They said no need wor. Now think back, why do they have to change this round???? a bit fishy.....


Lastly, have to wait for my current sim to deactivate before switching.... otherwise no phone to use. Not sure when will they do it... Will post the results after i switch.

Presto80 30-04-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaZ_MaN (Post 55344739)
Well, that's why i call them the suckers. They knew that consumers need 3g for the mobile devices, so tried to milk as much as they can.

Hmm.... 1 got 2 multi sim cards from singtel at $30, with $5 per month subscription.
They said that I will have to change the current one (the one i have cut) to the new one.
Sounds logical because otherwise cannot duplicate.

So, now I will have to cut both the SIM cards to fit into my iphone and ipad.

Also, singtel wrote on their web that you will have to pay $10 per month as long as you have a microsim (that's why they give it out free for the first one).
For my case, I bought my iphone from apple store, so I never had receive any microsim from them.
In their records, I have only normal sim cards all these while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaZ_MaN (Post 55344760)
1) Nothing need to be done. Cut my normal SIM that I used for my nokia phone and place into the iphone. It just works..... Btw, my sibling did the same, but failed in the first try. I told her cannot be. She rub rub the sim card and it works. Think the surface of the sim is dirty. So, don't panic if it doesn't work.

2) Got a set of 2 SIM cards from them. Asked them if next time I need to get another device, will they issue me with 3 SIM cards? (I was thinking, walau, I have to cut all over again). They said no need wor. Now think back, why do they have to change this round???? a bit fishy.....


Lastly, have to wait for my current sim to deactivate before switching.... otherwise no phone to use. Not sure when will they do it... Will post the results after i switch.


ok can i summarise that....

u paid $30 for changing your current normal size sim card to another normal size sim card..
u paid $5 monthly for another normal size sim card using the multisim service?

u will then need to manually cut the norm size to microsim.

yeah pls post ur result as my 3g is currently crippled(cant bring out n surf)..haa

thanx

Errz 30-04-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabstick (Post 55333819)
I ask cso they say same speed as what our data plan speed is capped at

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

yeah..thats what Singtel staff (Hello Shop and their Help desk) told me too. but u know what?

I did a test with the speedtest apps and i am always getting highest speed at 0.35mbps. No matter where i test..the max i get is 0.35mbps.

i put the card into my iphone 4. same.. max 0.35mbps. so i called helpdesk. they ask me go and get the SIM card change.
1) went to change SIM card.. test it.. wow.. speed is FAST.
2) notice my iPhone 4 Main line no more connection. Then i notice.. they terminate my main line and transfer it to the SIM card that I just change.
3) went back to Hello shop to get them to fix the sh~t. they issue me another SIM card (tag lite) and the other card will become the main.
4) test the speed (tag lite) ...same.. back to 0.35mbps

have enuff of their sh~t..so i (demand) terminate it and demand not going to pay the $30 SIM card.

liquid_j 30-04-2011 11:51 AM

Multisim tags along with your exsisting mobile+data plan in terms of period. Taglite is 12 months contract.

I went for multisim for the normal size one, resized it using scissors

crabstick 30-04-2011 12:08 PM

Will it be better to change to multiple sim plan then? Speed wise will it be same as on iphone4?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Errz (Post 55349504)
yeah..thats what Singtel staff (Hello Shop and their Help desk) told me too. but u know what?

I did a test with the speedtest apps and i am always getting highest speed at 0.35mbps. No matter where i test..the max i get is 0.35mbps.

i put the card into my iphone 4. same.. max 0.35mbps. so i called helpdesk. they ask me go and get the SIM card change.
1) went to change SIM card.. test it.. wow.. speed is FAST.
2) notice my iPhone 4 Main line no more connection. Then i notice.. they terminate my main line and transfer it to the SIM card that I just change.
3) went back to Hello shop to get them to fix the sh~t. they issue me another SIM card (tag lite) and the other card will become the main.
4) test the speed (tag lite) ...same.. back to 0.35mbps

have enuff of their sh~t..so i (demand) terminate it and demand not going to pay the $30 SIM card.



-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

Froggyman 30-04-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabstick (Post 55350351)
Will it be better to change to multiple sim plan then? Speed wise will it be same as on iphone4?

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

Price difference.. Multi Sim.. $10.70/mth for micro Sim card user
taglite ... $5.35/mth but speed:s27:

This making us :eek:

Presto80 30-04-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquid_j (Post 55349897)
Multisim tags along with your exsisting mobile+data plan in terms of period. Taglite is 12 months contract.

I went for multisim for the normal size one, resized it using scissors

but ur mainline is micro or norm?

crabstick 30-04-2011 01:02 PM

I spoke to cso and was told that I can change to multisim plan without penalty charges since I just sign up for tabloid yesterday.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Froggyman (Post 55350552)
Price difference.. Multi Sim.. $10.70/mth for micro Sim card user
taglite ... $5.35/mth but speed:s27:

This making us :eek:



-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

Presto80 30-04-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabstick (Post 55352049)
I spoke to cso and was told that I can change to multisim plan without penalty charges since I just sign up for tabloid yesterday.




-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

whats tabloid?

Tohcl13 30-04-2011 02:17 PM

When Helloshop,

CSO calimed the multisim & Taglite are using the same platform. But some of you guys had tested the taglite speed.

Confused.... Still not willing to pay the $5 different......

Fantazy 30-04-2011 04:09 PM

using my mom's singtel plan for Multi-SIM, was considering taglite too, but too bad business line can only go for Multi-SIM :s22:

crabstick 30-04-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto80 (Post 55352279)
whats tabloid?

Erm sorry I mean Taglite

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

shawn_sboi 30-04-2011 05:59 PM

Taglite vs multisim is same from cso. I am using multisim though. Just gotten it 30mins back. Waiting for activation.

Tohcl13 30-04-2011 06:10 PM

What's the reason yo go for multisim instead of taglite? Contract tie down?

ipporek 30-04-2011 06:33 PM

Signed up for taglite. 12 months contract. CSO recommended cos cheaper. He says speed the same as multi-SIM, just that if you make calls, it's chargeable.

Errz 30-04-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipporek (Post 55361421)
Signed up for taglite. 12 months contract. CSO recommended cos cheaper. He says speed the same as multi-SIM, just that if you make calls, it's chargeable.

yeah. they always say its the same speed. but i suggest u to do a speed test on ur ipad. see if u always get up to 0.35mbps.

nicepal 30-04-2011 07:05 PM

I also called the CSO the other as well cos I wanted to chg my pla to iflexi plans. I chked w them abt multisim.
CSO 1 says, only can use 2 microsim $10.70/mth. I asked can use normal sim? She said can only 1 normal sim and 1 microsim. Price is $10.70 per mth too. And I asked if I multisim, can I use the data sim in those USB doggle data stick. she said cannot becos it is different... What is the different I thk.

CSO 2 I talked to, I asked can IP multisim on normal? He said can and monthly is $5.35/ mth.

So I conclude as long u have a microsim under the multisim system. They will charge $10.70/ mth.

Btw, above chk is thro ST.....

crabstick 30-04-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Errz (Post 55361822)
yeah. they always say its the same speed. but i suggest u to do a speed test on ur ipad. see if u always get up to 0.35mbps.

Precisely highest i can get is 0.35mbps whereas my iphone4 can hit 1.5mbps max.

shawn_sboi 30-04-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tohcl13 (Post 55360831)
What's the reason yo go for multisim instead of taglite? Contract tie down?


I underage to get another line. As taglite require getting another number.

Fantazy 30-04-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_sboi (Post 55364588)
I underage to get another line. As taglite require getting another number.

My singtel multi sim just activate itself! :eek:
:D

Presto80 30-04-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_sboi (Post 55360562)
Taglite vs multisim is same from cso. I am using multisim though. Just gotten it 30mins back. Waiting for activation.

so how much u paid? $10?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepal (Post 55362113)
I also called the CSO the other as well cos I wanted to chg my pla to iflexi plans. I chked w them abt multisim.
CSO 1 says, only can use 2 microsim $10.70/mth. I asked can use normal sim? She said can only 1 normal sim and 1 microsim. Price is $10.70 per mth too. And I asked if I multisim, can I use the data sim in those USB doggle data stick. she said cannot becos it is different... What is the different I thk.

CSO 2 I talked to, I asked can IP multisim on normal? He said can and monthly is $5.35/ mth.

So I conclude as long u have a microsim under the multisim system. They will charge $10.70/ mth.

Btw, above chk is thro ST.....

1 norm and 1 micro sim also $10 per mth...realli dun get whats the problem..

CSO 2 say IP can mulitsim on $5/mth...so which means if we change both to norm sim n cut , it should work...just like 1 of the forumers?

ST has never amaze me..so now just has to await the forumers to reply if it works n the sppeed

shawn_sboi 30-04-2011 09:11 PM

$5 then cut free at starhub tampiness. I get the big Sim card :)

RoystonTeo 30-04-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto80 (Post 55331744)
Hi all,

any1 is using singtel multisim with ipad?

im using ip4 with microsim and so the charges per mth for xtra 1 simcard will be ard 10 bucks and not the usual 5 bucks

i specificalli said i want a normal card whch cost $5 then the cso say no..cos my existing simcard is microsim and so they cant link..

if i wan a normal card , then the cso said what then i got to register or change both n cost something like $40 bucks for 1 time and then montly ard $10..damn confusing..

why cant we just get a norm sim...

did any1 using a combi of microsim and norma sim as the multsim?

feel like being cheated by singtel..so i walk away to clarify here..

thanx for any help

I tried the demo set for ipad2 with personal hotspot on ip4 and ipad2 riding on it... Monthly Cost = free =:p

AsteroidS 30-04-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoystonTeo (Post 55365564)
I tried the demo set for ipad2 with personal hotspot on ip4 and ipad2 riding on it... Monthly Cost = free =:p

cheap skate...

Froggyman 30-04-2011 09:29 PM

So taglite is a 12 months contract, how about the MultiSim ??

Thru phone, the CSO told me no contract, can cancelled off any time but have to pay to get another sim card.... has anyone enquire on the spot when getting the multiSim.

Thanks.:)

Froggyman 30-04-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_sboi (Post 55365394)
$5 then cut free at starhub tampiness. I get the big Sim card :)

You mean cut free by hello shop staff :s31:....and your current one is NOT mircoSim card??

Thanks.

RoystonTeo 30-04-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsteroidS (Post 55365857)
cheap skate...

You just have to run your ip4 with your ipad, don't need the sim card.
Come to think of it, you don't even need the 3G and just the wifi version

shawn_sboi 30-04-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Froggyman (Post 55366028)
You mean cut free by hello shop staff :s31:....and your current one is NOT mircoSim card??

Thanks.

haha singtel dont have microsim cutter... starhub tampiness have :)

my one i get is $5 per month USIM which is the big normal sim.

cause i dont wan pay $10 per month to get microsim not worth..

then cut the sim lo

shawn_sboi 30-04-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoystonTeo (Post 55366223)
You just have to run your ip4 with your ipad, don't need the sim card.
Come to think of it, you don't even need the 3G and just the wifi version

ur iphone battery will be gone in 5hours :) u dont wan call/sms?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.