Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old iPad usage

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tec_geek

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2018, 11:33 AM   #1

Old iPad usage

Hi,

Wondering what can be done with old iPads to give them a new lease of life apart from selling them?

I have a 3rd gen iPad (the last one using the 30 pin connector). Already out of dateb(iOS stuck at 9.3), limited memory (10gb available) and busted speaker (thanks to my mum's marathon YouTube sessions).
Jlyong0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #2

Stream music....desk clock.... watch toggle
manofsorrows is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #3

I used my older device as a display clock. At least without fear of the clock being out of battery or the ‘slowing down’ of the clocks over time, but you would have to let it stay charged.

I’m using this app:
Flip Clock Pro - digital clock by cuiling shi https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/flip...181029289?mt=8
Halo green likes this.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

You may consider getting one of those HDMI dongle, and use it like an Apple TV. But I have to say the HDMI dongle is not cheap, plus the 3rd gen iPad type may not be readily available now since it is still using the old fat connector.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions. Seems like there isn't much option available. Scared the battery will bloat after prolonged charging.
Jlyong0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #6

Thanks for the suggestions. Seems like there isn't much option available. Scared the battery will bloat after prolonged charging.
for older using original non-fast apple charger I wouln't worry about that... I had many times done that in the past never encounter issues on my iphones and ipad.

only encounter this issue on my mother iphone se before she over charge using samsung original fast charger.

newer iPhone and iPad Pro model already support fast charging so It shouldn't be an issue anymore (I even use my MBP usb-c charger on my iPhone X without any issue)
rvyne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.