www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The iPad Sanctum (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/)
-   -   Review: iPad 2 Power Support HD Anti-Glare VS Cheap Screen Protector (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/review-ipad-2-power-support-hd-anti-glare-vs-cheap-screen-protector-3238703.html)

canbedone 16-05-2011 03:24 AM

Review: iPad 2 Power Support HD Anti-Glare VS Cheap Screen Protector

Review: iPad 2 Power Support HD Anti-Glare VS Cheap Screen Protector

Full review on my BLOG

This review focus on Power Support HD Anti-Glare VS Cheap Screen Protector, as you might know cheap protectors create more problem than protecting your screen. And most cheap protector reduces the brightness and clarity of the screen and thats really negative. One major issues cheap protect creates on your iPad screen is the so call "rainbow effect" or make your screen looks grainy! That super bad! Most often graininess occur most obvious when iPad is displaying in white e.g. viewing a white image, photo or background.

Cheap Protector

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IsAAEyoxBJ...0/IMG_0669.JPG

Power Support HD Anti-Glare

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IsAAEyoxBJ...0/IMG_0669.JPG

canbedone 16-05-2011 02:17 PM

In conclusion Power Support protector certainly win over cheap protector in the following areas:
1. Less graininess when screen (in majority) is displaying in white
2. Close to perfect clarity when screen (in majority) is displaying in colour
3. Close to original screen standard brightness and sharpness
4. Total anti-finger print ability

GreenHorn 16-05-2011 02:23 PM

I prefer without any SP, the screen will look the best. :)

canbedone 16-05-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenHorn (Post 55903127)
I prefer without any SP, the screen will look the best. :)

Just like my iPhone 4 its naked!

BlueBull 16-05-2011 04:22 PM

Just had the Power Support Crystal screen protector installed by a very friendly istudio staff at their Velocity outlet during lunchtime.

Was considering between the HD anti-glare and this, in the end decided I still want the crystal clarity and sharpness of the original no SP feel of the screen.

After putting it on, I dunno mind playing tricks cos of $$$ spent or what, but the screen looks sharper and clearer.....

canbedone 16-05-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBull (Post 55906348)
Just had the Power Support Crystal screen protector installed by a very friendly istudio staff at their Velocity outlet during lunchtime.

Was considering between the HD anti-glare and this, in the end decided I still want the crystal clarity and sharpness of the original no SP feel of the screen.

After putting it on, I dunno mind playing tricks cos of $$$ spent or what, but the screen looks sharper and clearer.....

hahaha thats a good one, at least $$$$ make you feel more satisfied with your iPad 2 its a good sign :s13:

BlueBull 16-05-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canbedone (Post 55908889)
hahaha thats a good one, at least $$$$ make you feel more satisfied with your iPad 2 its a good sign :s13:

Indeed.:s13: Well the friendly sales staff did mention that the matt surface SP no matter how good will have some distortion, only how much of it. :s22:

borealiszio 16-05-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBull (Post 55909450)
Indeed.:s13: Well the friendly sales staff did mention that the matt surface SP no matter how good will have some distortion, only how much of it. :s22:

most people get matt for ipad because the screen is big. it's really a hassle to keep wiping off the finger prints. ur best bet is sgp ultra optics which is 90% clear yet anti finger prints, but too bad they aren't on sales so i just go ahead with Powersupport Antiglare which is a vvv trustworthy brand since the start of iphone. but the feel is gd vv smooth

canbedone 16-05-2011 09:25 PM

Saw on Youtube there are some problem with SPG iPad 2 protector

AsteroidS 16-05-2011 10:04 PM

my screen protector $10 nia...

canbedone 16-05-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsteroidS (Post 55916649)
my screen protector $10 nia...

Thats the type I used previously, its pretty cool too, if its not for the discounted price I will just continue using the cheap one too. But of cos in Power Support we get what we paid for, its quality

gardiboy 16-05-2011 10:57 PM

after using my ip4 with a PS AG screen.. when i am using the ipad2 wif the PS AG film.. i dunno why the screen for the ipad2 looks more blurry..perhaps its the retina display i am used to looking at...

canbedone 16-05-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardiboy (Post 55918718)
after using my ip4 with a PS AG screen.. when i am using the ipad2 wif the PS AG film.. i dunno why the screen for the ipad2 looks more blurry..perhaps its the retina display i am used to looking at...

Very possible bro, actually PS is very good but you can see slight grainy when viewing white on your screen it is worst when you use cheap anti-glare protector, or maybe bigger screen easier to see flaws surface area bigger:s13:

gardiboy 16-05-2011 11:15 PM

needa get used to this...tks bro for the comfort.. ;D

BlueBull 16-05-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canbedone (Post 55919394)
Very possible bro, actually PS is very good but you can see slight grainy when viewing white on your screen it is worst when you use cheap anti-glare protector, or maybe bigger screen easier to see flaws surface area bigger:s13:

This is the reason why I went with the Power Support Crystal Clear SP instead of the matt.