HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Screen problems on iPad Pro 10.5 inch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2018, 09:50 PM   #16
Master Member

Is this the type of bright spot that appeared on ur iPad Pro? Mine still under AppleCare+. Wonder if they will replace for me free...
If your iPad is till under AppleCare+, they’ll replace it for you without question.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:34 PM   #17

Yes same spot location. I going apple store on Sat, wish to get replacement
If warranty over or don't have Apple Care +, don't waste your time going down to Apple store. Else you need to fork out 600plus to fulfill your wish
toshm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:44 PM   #18

Yes same spot location. I going apple store on Sat, wish to get replacement
Haha. Same spot too, going on sat afternoon.

Jus a question, is it instant replacement?

This yr luck no gd with  screen.
Few months back sent my mbp 13"tb to  cuz of screen issue too.
Now is iPad turn.
VodkaPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:14 PM   #19
Master Member

Haha. Same spot too, going on sat afternoon.

Jus a question, is it instant replacement?

This yr luck no gd with  screen.
Few months back sent my mbp 13"tb to  cuz of screen issue too.
Now is iPad turn.
Yeah it will be instant if they have replacement stock on hand.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #20

Mine also have.. thought is my iPad got issue.

Looks like I need to do a replacement too..
Any idea if need to book appointment?

Last time I booked online, then on the day headed straight to apple orchard's 2nd floor "Genius Bar" and approached any of the staff. Since still got warranty they replaced mine immediately without any question. Can't change color/size/etc.
averlanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

Last time I booked online, then on the day headed straight to apple orchard's 2nd floor "Genius Bar" and approached any of the staff. Since still got warranty they replaced mine immediately without any question. Can't change color/size/etc.
Of course cannot change colour, capacity or storage size. Itís a 1-1 replacement.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

The iOS will be updated to the latest right? Mine is iOS 11.4

Initially I thought is my screen protector so I donít care.. now I know is not already.. I bought my iPad Pro 10.5 this month May so I have quite alot of time.

Screen protector also bye bye right?
Software version depends on when itís manufactured but it might or might not be updated to latest 12.1. Else you can just update your own.

Last time I got the Zagg InvisibleShield Glass+ when I bought the 10.5Ē. 2 mths down the road this problem occurred, Apple did 1-1 exchange and yes, itís gone. So after I got the new set, I immediately went to get another one at Nubox. Fortunately during that time Zagg got 10% off their products because of their 10th anniversary.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:15 PM   #23

If warranty over or don't have Apple Care +, don't waste your time going down to Apple store. Else you need to fork out 600plus to fulfill your wish
Yeah no luck, that  guy ask me to buy Apple care next time...
outrun100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #24

Yeah no luck, that  guy ask me to buy Apple care next time...
Did you go to Apple store Orchard? Mine also has the bright spot issue, exactly at the same spot, above the home button, ipad pro 10.5 64gb wifi.

Warranty just ended in July this year, I called Apple last Friday, the senior advisor, did not acknowledge this issue and didn't allow for repair/exchange arrangement.

It seems this issue is also just not in Singapore as reported below:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...2115037/page-9
jardine3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #25
Master Member

i second that. maybe can raise the alarm via the feedback
gnixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #26

Yes I went to Orchard Apple Store, that guy just blame that I didn't buy Apple Care so must pay to get new replacement. It is confirmed the design flaw ipp pro 10.5 because it is exact same spot can be seen. But they will blame you for usage or pressure on the screen that cause it.
outrun100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did you go to Apple store Orchard? Mine also has the bright spot issue, exactly at the same spot, above the home button, ipad pro 10.5 64gb wifi.

Warranty just ended in July this year, I called Apple last Friday, the senior advisor, did not acknowledge this issue and didn't allow for repair/exchange arrangement.

It seems this issue is also just not in Singapore as reported below:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...2115037/page-9
I found that forum discussion too after I found out this issue on mine as well. Don't call and talk to those advisors as some don't even do their homework. I just make a Genius Bar appt online and bring it down to Apple Store.

If you said even after warranty and even repair is denied, I guess it's not right for a senior advisor to say that. Repairs can still be made after warranty is over without AppleCare, but the customers choses to pay for the repair or get a replacement unit.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:10 PM   #28
Master Member

maybe we can go together to protest and see their manager
Old 05-11-2018, 09:43 AM   #29

Yes I went to Orchard Apple Store, that guy just blame that I didn't buy Apple Care so must pay to get new replacement. It is confirmed the design flaw ipp pro 10.5 because it is exact same spot can be seen. But they will blame you for usage or pressure on the screen that cause it.
I agree it's design flaw, because only the Ipad Pro 10.5 model has this issue.
Either the Apple guys are being ignorant or they try to smoke us, hoping this will go quietly.

I've owned Ipad 3 (new ipad), Ipad Air 1, Ipad Mini 3, Ipad Pro 12.9 (1st Gen), but only the 10.5 have this issue.
All are/were treated the same way, never drop, protected with tempered glass and in the case.

I've actually seen this bright spot even before my warranty, but I thought it's due to the Halo effect from my tempered glass, until I started reading other people also have the same issue

I found that forum discussion too after I found out this issue on mine as well. Don't call and talk to those advisors as some don't even do their homework. I just make a Genius Bar appt online and bring it down to Apple Store.

If you said even after warranty and even repair is denied, I guess it's not right for a senior advisor to say that. Repairs can still be made after warranty is over without AppleCare, but the customers choses to pay for the repair or get a replacement unit.
Because my warranty is over, I don't want to waste my time to go the Apple strore, so I tried to chat online initially, to gauge their respond, but they couldn't help, then they said they've raised the issue with a senior advisor, and someone would call me, which they did, but it was dissapointing respond. The guy didn't mention about the option, he just said they couldn't help since the warranty is over, just saying sorry he wished he could help be further bla bla bla. Btw, I think the call was not local call as his accent was Australian accent.

Meanwhile, I've googled further and found people in Apple Communities also reported this issue, but I didn't see Apple's official reply there:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8424181

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8578197

maybe we can go together to protest and see their manager
That's a good idea, if someone can organize it, I'm in.

jardine3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #30
Master Member

I agree it's design flaw, because only the Ipad Pro 10.5 model has this issue.
Either the Apple guys are being ignorant or they try to smoke us, hoping this will go quietly.

I've owned Ipad 3 (new ipad), Ipad Air 1, Ipad Mini 3, Ipad Pro 12.9 (1st Gen), but only the 10.5 have this issue.
All are/were treated the same way, never drop, protected with tempered glass and in the case.

I've actually seen this bright spot even before my warranty, but I thought it's due to the Halo effect from my tempered glass, until I started reading other people also have the same issue

Because my warranty is over, I don't want to waste my time to go the Apple strore, so I tried to chat online initially, to gauge their respond, but they couldn't help, then they said they've raised the issue with a senior advisor, and someone would call me, which they did, but it was dissapointing respond. The guy didn't mention about the option, he just said they couldn't help since the warranty is over, just saying sorry he wished he could help be further bla bla bla. Btw, I think the call was not local call as his accent was Australian accent.

Meanwhile, I've googled further and found people in Apple Communities also reported this issue, but I didn't see Apple's official reply there:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8424181

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8578197

That's a good idea, if someone can organize it, I'm in.

how many cases do we have first?
i have 1 set which the replacement set they gave me during my wty period.

I spotted is really above the home button. maybe a thumb length away

Last edited by gnixer; 05-11-2018 at 10:32 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.