HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Screen problems on iPad Pro 10.5 inch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2018, 10:48 AM   #31

how many cases do we have first?
i have 1 set which the replacement set they gave me during my wty period.

I spotted is really above the home button. maybe a thumb length away
So your replacement set also have the bright spot, and also your first unit last time?

Mine is original set, never been replaced as there's no issue, other than the bright spot. Purchased directly from Apple online in July last year, Ipad Pro 10.5 wifi only.

Same issue: Bright spot above the home button, around that distance you mentioned too.
jardine3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #32

So your replacement set also have the bright spot, and also your first unit last time?

Mine is original set, never been replaced as there's no issue, other than the bright spot. Purchased directly from Apple online in July last year, Ipad Pro 10.5 wifi only.

Same issue: Bright spot above the home button, around that distance you mentioned too.
My unit also purchased the same time like you. The bright spot appeared just after the warranty over. At first I thought it is may due to my tempered glass dirty or some Halo effect.

Went to Apple store last month, the senior manager told me not entitled to any replacement as the warranty already over. He suggested me to offload at carousel my current unit and repurchase a new set with 12 months warranty, then added Apple Care + to have it covered for 24 months 😱. In my heart, no thank you.
toshm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:25 AM   #33

My unit also purchased the same time like you. The bright spot appeared just after the warranty over. At first I thought it is may due to my tempered glass dirty or some Halo effect.

Went to Apple store last month, the senior manager told me not entitled to any replacement as the warranty already over. He suggested me to offload at carousel my current unit and repurchase a new set with 12 months warranty, then added Apple Care + to have it covered for 24 months 😱. In my heart, no thank you.
Same here, I seldom use it and i thought its screen protector problem so dun even bother. Now thinking to change the new ipp so bring out to check the condition and found this white spot...
outrun100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #34
Master Member

my first set also because of this but i'm not sure whether is the same spot.
i have raise the issue via the feedback channel to apple.
i hope you guys can raise the same and cut and paste the link to them for them to investigate.
confirm is not display issue as i have tried adjust the brightness and it is gone above 50%.
gnixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #35

my first set also because of this but i'm not sure whether is the same spot.
i have raise the issue via the feedback channel to apple.
i hope you guys can raise the same and cut and paste the link to them for them to investigate.
confirm is not display issue as i have tried adjust the brightness and it is gone above 50%.
I c, will try to adjust the brightness tonight
Old 05-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #36
Arch-Supremacy Member

Because my warranty is over, I don't want to waste my time to go the Apple strore, so I tried to chat online initially, to gauge their respond, but they couldn't help, then they said they've raised the issue with a senior advisor, and someone would call me, which they did, but it was dissapointing respond. The guy didn't mention about the option, he just said they couldn't help since the warranty is over, just saying sorry he wished he could help be further bla bla bla. Btw, I think the call was not local call as his accent was Australian accent.

Meanwhile, I've googled further and found people in Apple Communities also reported this issue, but I didn't see Apple's official reply there:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8424181

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8578197
Yes the call centre should be located in Australia as Iíve came across it a number of times too. Sometimes over the phone certain issues canít be resolved and need to call a few times which is tiring and tedious. So I just make a Genius Bar appointment and go to Apple Store direct as I felt talking face-to-face is more effective.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #37
Master Member

got applecare should be easy for exchange, only those without warranty then is the difficult part for them to acknowledge the issue within their product
Old 05-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #38

didn't notice this problem until i see this thread zzz. was using a black wallpaper.
DoAsInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

didn't notice this problem until i see this thread zzz. was using a black wallpaper.
Better go check it. If still got warranty immediately make an appointment to get it replaced. Even if warranty is out, itís still possible to get a replacement set but have to fork out money.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #40
Master Member

think it is not fair to consumer if the fault lies with apple

Better go check it. If still got warranty immediately make an appointment to get it replaced. Even if warranty is out, it’s still possible to get a replacement set but have to fork out money.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:01 PM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sometimes it's not Apple, it's the individual person who's working for Apple.
Snoweagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:15 PM   #42
Supremacy Member

who will want to buy..

Mine have the white spot but not so obvious.
I was same as you thought tempered glass dirty so I heck

Luckily mine I bought in end of May this year so I still have plenty of time to do exchange.
Glariel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #43

I have same feeling like you, but wat to do..i'm not going to pay 668
Old 05-11-2018, 07:24 PM   #44
Master Member

that’s why need to come together as a community to prove them there is an issue with their product.

Sometimes it's not Apple, it's the individual person who's working for Apple.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:23 PM   #45

thatís why need to come together as a community to prove them there is an issue with their product.

Let's do a apple walkout!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.