HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Screen problems on iPad Pro 10.5 inch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2019, 11:30 AM   #76

10.5..... tot i prefer 10.5 than the 11

Is it still safe to buy 10.5 after all this issue?
Or better get pro 11?
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 12:14 PM   #77
Arch-Supremacy Member

Your own iPad Pro??
Can post pictures?

Mine so far so good for my 10.5 after being replaced last month.
Of cos my own lah, the spot is very faint, need to monitor.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 12:18 PM   #78

Actually yes but found a good deal sealed 10.5 at $800 (64gb wifi)

While 11inch pro is at $1079 after my discount

But im still holding coz im reading a lot of this issue....

Im coming from ipad air 2.

10.5..... tot i prefer 10.5 than the 11
mackie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 12:42 PM   #79
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually yes but found a good deal sealed 10.5 at $800 (64gb wifi)

While 11inch pro is at $1079 after my discount

But im still holding coz im reading a lot of this issue....

Im coming from ipad air 2.
10.5Ē got this issue while the new Pros have bending issue, with one fellow forumer having a line down his screen.

But the 10.5Ē 64GB wifi at $800 is a good price. I bought mine at RRP.
Old 18-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #80

Actually there’s another seller at 256gb $930
Also sealed and wifi...
but im not sure if too much for my usage.
Coz my air 2 now i still have 20gb space after 4yrs haha...
my old air2 is primarily used by my son for gaming... im mainly using mine for ragnarok, stardew valley and movies

10.5” got this issue while the new Pros have bending issue, with one fellow forumer having a line down his screen.

But the 10.5” 64GB wifi at $800 is a good price. I bought mine at RRP.
Old 18-01-2019, 02:08 PM   #81
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually there’s another seller at 256gb $930
Also sealed and wifi...
but im not sure if too much for my usage.
Coz my air 2 now i still have 20gb space after 4yrs haha...
my old air2 is primarily used by my son for gaming... im mainly using mine for ragnarok, stardew valley and movies
For me iPads 64GB is more than enough as I only play 2-3 games, take notes and just read news and forums, so not many apps.

iPhone is different as I store a lot more things inside, so need 256GB.
Old 18-01-2019, 08:26 PM   #82

My set has the white spot on top of the home button, exactly same as the article. Mine is out of warranty and was quoted 375 from a third-party repair company if I want to replace my display. Did any of you guys just live with the white spot and don't bother as much?
Zakhri32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #83
Arch-Supremacy Member

My set has the white spot on top of the home button, exactly same as the article. Mine is out of warranty and was quoted 375 from a third-party repair company if I want to replace my display. Did any of you guys just live with the white spot and don't bother as much?
I changed mine at first as it was only 2 mths old then last year. If it happens again I might not change it already.

In your case itís out of warranty so replacing it requires a cost. If you can live with it, just leave it, else pay for replacement. But do note that even after replacing it, may still occur over time. If not, just get the latest 2018 Pro. Itís a better iPad Pro with lots of improvements and to me, the biggest attraction is the new Pencil with magnetic wireless charging, making it much more seamless to use (similarly with my Note9ís S-Pen), just remove and use. For the older one, need to plug into lightning port to connect it and if not used for some time, the battery will just gradually drain off.

Iím not trying to tempt you to purchase the latest Pro but itís your choice. My 10.5Ē still got warranty until early May so will be sticking with it for quite some time even after that. If you absolutely love the 10.5Ē over the new 11Ē and wonít upgrade for some time, I suggest paying to replace and donít have to worry for a while.

If youíve decided to replace it, I suggest doing it at Apple Store for a peace of mind, though itís going to cost you over $600 or more depending on your model type, but itís a whole unit replacement.
Old 21-01-2019, 03:52 PM   #84

What is the effect of the white spot?
Any screen sensitivity issues once it appears?

I changed mine at first as it was only 2 mths old then last year. If it happens again I might not change it already.

In your case it’s out of warranty so replacing it requires a cost. If you can live with it, just leave it, else pay for replacement. But do note that even after replacing it, may still occur over time. If not, just get the latest 2018 Pro. It’s a better iPad Pro with lots of improvements and to me, the biggest attraction is the new Pencil with magnetic wireless charging, making it much more seamless to use (similarly with my Note9’s S-Pen), just remove and use. For the older one, need to plug into lightning port to connect it and if not used for some time, the battery will just gradually drain off.

I’m not trying to tempt you to purchase the latest Pro but it’s your choice. My 10.5” still got warranty until early May so will be sticking with it for quite some time even after that. If you absolutely love the 10.5” over the new 11” and won’t upgrade for some time, I suggest paying to replace and don’t have to worry for a while.

If you’ve decided to replace it, I suggest doing it at Apple Store for a peace of mind, though it’s going to cost you over $600 or more depending on your model type, but it’s a whole unit replacement.
Old 21-01-2019, 05:41 PM   #85
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is the effect of the white spot?
Any screen sensitivity issues once it appears?
It's just a slightly brighter spot, you can find examples online. Screen sensitivity is not affected.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.