HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Screen problems on iPad Pro 10.5 inch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2018, 09:53 PM   #1
Master Member

Screen problems on iPad Pro 10.5 inch

I recently noticed a tiny white spot (about 1 thick) that appears only on clear (white, light gray) backgrounds. When on colored backgrounds, it becomes hardly noticeable. Anyone got the same problem?
Halo green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:24 AM   #2
Master Member

I encountered a similar issue on my 10.5 screen recently too, except the size of the spot is about a 5 cent coin diameter with a feathered edge.

It appeared several inches above the home bottom and very faint; not easily seen even in different shades of dark coloured background. One has to look very carefully during scrolling of the webpage and the see the spot faintly against the scrolling texts.

Brought to Apple Store and luckily, warranty was still valid with less than 2 months to go, it was replaced 1 to 1. Had a talk with the staff during the exchange and was told that the Pro screens are sensitive and advised not to place anything on top of it even I have a cover over the display.

Suggest you bring to Apple Store for them to take a look if it is within the warranty. Otherwise, get a quote for repair from them or live with it.
dreamer_toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:13 PM   #3
Master Member

Refurbished set they give?
Halo green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #4
Master Member

Refurbished set they give?
I was assured it was a new one but I had my reservation over it.
Old 31-10-2018, 09:58 PM   #5

I was assured it was a new one but I had my reservation over it.
Noticed this white spot on my ipp 10.5, and read a lot ppl having same issue on macrumors, it is probably due to the Chip design too close to the screen and the heat causing it. Any idea the cost to repair? My warranty just ended.
outrun100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #6
Master Member

Noticed this white spot on my ipp 10.5, and read a lot ppl having same issue on macrumors, it is probably due to the Chip design too close to the screen and the heat causing it. Any idea the cost to repair? My warranty just ended.
Mine was covered under replacement, hence I was made known about the repair cost.

I was given a 1-1 replacement iPad and the cost was $600+, shown on my service details.

Can check with Apple about the repair cost, Im also curious to know
Old 01-11-2018, 10:35 AM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mine was bought in May this year, over a mth later this issue occured and is located about an inch above the home button. Brought it to Apple Store and was given 1-1 new replacement set and ever since so far so good.

If its a known issue Apple might just replace it for you at no cost. Last time my first gen Apple Watchs back panel dislodged just after warranty has ended and at that time, A.Lab quoted my $600 to get a replacement but I wrote to Apple and fought for my case. In the end also given a 1-1 replacement at no extra cost.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

just ended? just go Apple Store let them have a look.
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #9

Thanks for the info. Yeah mine also about one inch above the home button, only notice under white background, my warranty ended July. $600 to repair really killing, i would rather use it until cui. This should be design issue, I got another Ipp 2016 the screen still perfect till today.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #10

Wah, mine oso got last year. Thought I might have careless but looks like many others encountered the problem too. Last time went and got a replacement from them:

Problem Description/Diagnosis
Issue: .
Customer reports display lighting not uniform.
Steps to Reproduce: .
Visually verified. Spot one inch above home button.
Cosmetic Condition: .
No signs of external damage.
Proposed Resolution: .
Swap device.
Contact Apple Support Case: X

Employee X
averlanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #11

Encountered the same issue. Bringing to Apple store on this coming sat.
VodkaPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #12

Encountered the same issue. Bringing to Apple store on this coming sat.
Overtmission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #13

Is this the type of bright spot that appeared on ur iPad Pro? Mine still under AppleCare+. Wonder if they will replace for me free...
Overtmission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:26 PM   #14

My iPad Pro 10.5 has the same issue. It has two patches like that, most obvious in Apple Maps but not in other coloured backgrounds. Unfortunately, my iPad has a cracked screen so it's going to cost me $600+ no matter what...
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #15

Is this the type of bright spot that appeared on ur iPad Pro? Mine still under AppleCare+. Wonder if they will replace for me free...
Yes same spot location. I going apple store on Sat, wish to get replacement
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.