HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Seeking advise on IPAD 2 purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2011, 01:17 AM   #16

Just so you are clear, aGPS (assisted GPS) requires you to have GPS in the device. aGPS>GPS as it helps speed up the time it takes to lock onto your location using cell towers.

Only the 3G iPad 2 contain GPS. The Wifi models do not. If you have an iPhone4, you can share the GPS location from the iPhone to the WiFi iPad via the tethered connection between the two. This doesn't work with the 3Gs.
so does this mean iphone 3gs tethering does not work with ipad2?
HaPpYdAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #17

Just so you are clear, aGPS (assisted GPS) requires you to have GPS in the device. aGPS>GPS as it helps speed up the time it takes to lock onto your location using cell towers.

Only the 3G iPad 2 contain GPS. The Wifi models do not. If you have an iPhone4, you can share the GPS location from the iPhone to the WiFi iPad via the tethered connection between the two. This doesn't work with the 3Gs.
Hi,
So does an ipad 2 have both aGPS and GPS? I would like to use aGPS in Singapore but only GPS overseas due to the roaming costs. Possible with Ipad 2?

Thank You
duh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #18

The galaxy tab is pretty cheap nowadays, but it's performance etc is pretty slow compared to lots of other tablets available now.. The iPad 2 is definitely better if you compare it to the galaxy tab.. If you want to choose between a few tablets, I'd recommend you to look at the blackberry playbook, HTC flyer and perhaps the samsung 10.1.. Happy reading up reviews etc!
Hi,
Thanks! yep have been reading up but blackberry playbook etc. no 3G yet right? the samsung 10.1 looks interesting but I dont think its in local stores yet.
Old 19-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,
Okay cool thanks, the subtitles are they .srt format? Sorry if its a little dumb but you connect your Ipad via usb to your computer to transfer the anime?
my anime is think coded into anime one coz no srt file.

u can connect to itune via USB to PC, go to app and select AV player and then transfer the files into it.
Old 19-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #20

Well, iPad 2 can play divx videos via Air video.
2. yes.

seems all the questions are anwsered, for more tips about iPad, you could turn to this ifunia iPad column: http://www.ifunia.com/ipad-column/index.html a spot gathers the free apps/games, tips for iPad 2.
And more info about iPad2, you could read this comprehensive review: http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2011/03/15/ipad-2-review/
lemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

yes, you can use the GPS-only function when you're overseas.. just make sure you don't turn on Airplane mode and it should work.

you might be interested to know that there are lots of rumors that Apple might have an update of its iPad 2 during September.. rumors are hot that it's going to have an upgraded screen etc..

read up www.macrumors.com for its buyer's guide and apple's update etc.. another website that has lots of reviews would be www.gsmarena.com, and also www.engadget.com
Conan1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #22

Okay thanks for the feedback, am now ready to buy my Ipad 2.

Only thing is where should I buy from? If I get from applestore I can get free delivery and the word engraving service. What are the plus points of buying from retailers like Challenger or Epicentre?

Thank You!
Old 25-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #23
G4
Master Member

well, i have both iPad 2 and Galaxy Tab, both are good in their own ways. iPad 2 is lighter, Tab is better sized. carrying the Tab is much easier for me, cos any bag can fit. iPad 2 on the other hand, not really. iOS apps are more mature but Android is catching up. iOS is a close system and apple don't let u access its internal memory freely, whereas Android lets u just like an ext HDD. except for Batt life, iPad 2 wins a lot.
G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 01:01 AM   #24
Supremacy Member

The only good thing I can say about buying iPad 2 from a retailer is that you get it right away.. Other than that, it's about the same.. Additional perks would be that you can straight purchase a screen protector from the retailer and ask the salesperson to help apply, straight away shop for cases.. If you really want your iPad to be engraved, get from applestore..
Conan1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

but if u thinking maybe later u might resell due to newer versions coming out, better dun engrave.

buy from retailers, u can check on the spot and any thing wrong, change it.

buy from apple store, i wonder can change a new one or hv to change for a refurbish set.
Old 25-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #26
Master Member

One pro of engraving - add your contact number to the back.

Then next time, if after you sell and the new owner loses it somehow, the finder may just return it to you instead of him...
Old 25-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #27
High Supremacy Member

One pro of engraving - add your contact number to the back.

Then next time, if after you sell and the new owner loses it somehow, the finder may just return it to you instead of him...
i'm sure i dun want to buy an ipad with someone's phone number on it
fortunecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #28
Master Member

i'm sure i dun want to buy an ipad with someone's phone number on it
I might, assuming the seller was upfront about it and willing to let it go at a decent discount. Assuming the rest of the ipad is still in mint condition, I am not really particular about this sort of thing. It is still an ipad no matter what.
Old 26-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #29

Ok thanks for the feedback. Looks like there is not much advantage getting from local retailers then
Old 26-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #30
Banned

Can iPad support flash website ?
sumsum80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.