HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Should I buy a iPad?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #1

Should I buy a iPad?

Hi guys I have a iphone4 and I feel like buying a iPad but I don't know if i will regret anot as iPhone 4 is like all most the same as iPad other then the screen is bigger. What do you think? Should I buy? If I got using I flexi lite iPhone plan. Can I use this plan for iPad to surt net? Means I need to go and make a multisimcard?
DSWH123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys I have a iphone4 and I feel like buying a iPad but I don't know if i will regret anot as iPhone 4 is like all most the same as iPad other then the screen is bigger. What do you think? Should I buy? If I got using I flexi lite iPhone plan. Can I use this plan for iPad to surt net? Means I need to go and make a multisimcard?
read this ? http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=3442132
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

U will ONI know u will regret a not after u have purchase it
Yangchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #4

you can read books on the ipad but why cant the ipad read it for you? do you have to do everything? talk about innovation, it cant even do a simple task like reading bedtime story for the kids

Last edited by beast; 26-10-2011 at 10:14 AM..
beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #5

While not exactly iPad doing any form of reading, go to Setting/General/Accessibility, and turn on VoiceOver. iPad will now 'read' for you almost everything on-screen that is selected, including, say, an opened book/pdf/epub in Stanza, for example. It is meant for users will special accessibility need.

The next similar thing would be those many children book apps out there with 'read to me' feature which simply plays back the audio recording of the story.

Owning a gadget is a personal preference thingy, use whatever justifications you want to convince yourself to buy/not buy it. No really hard & fast rule.

Any SIM fr any telco (as long as with data plan/VAS) will work on iPad, just need your SIM to be a microSIM or normal SIM cut down to microSIM size. Multi-SIM also needed if you want to 'share your data' across devices. There are already quite a lot of other threads on this topic with useful & rich discussions here, do a search and you will get very rich & useful infos straight from people who already worked this out.
kerrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #6

u need to know what u're gonna be using it for. if to surf net, make sure u buy ipad2, if not wait for ipad3. i just upgraded to ipad2 2wks ago, and let me say how much i regret waiting so long. the difference is huge. no more low memory warnings when u open 2-3tabs. no more 10seconds to load websites (almost instantaneous now). no more lag when playing certain cpu/graphics intensive games. and the slightly lighter weight REALLY makes a difference if u're as intensive a user as i m. ur hand will definitely ache less.

Last edited by xbai87; 26-10-2011 at 12:09 PM..
xbai87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

well i use it for

videos
viewing of photos taken by DSLR(by camera kit.)
playing ipad games
listening to songs (in case of emergency.)
reading news on CNN..
see Facebook...

well seriously..the battery last so much longer than the ipod touch...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.