HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SingTel iPad data plans

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #16
Banned

nothing wrong with multi sim, not an exploitation. we pay $5 more every mth for one more sim card on another device that share same voice and data airtime. every telco offers that, singtel one already lousy compared to M1.

So for those who want to use existing 12gb iphone data which i feel more then enough, go get a multi sim card and put into ur ipad to share the 12gb data. when u use the ipad online, ur actual phone works nornally. the second sim card can even call out. but incoming only go to the master sim card. very useful service.
can you data between phone and ipad simultaneously?
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't be too quick to think of Multi-SIM as the alternative...

SingTel Mobile VAS pages are now all inaccessible. Wonder if it's just a random error/issue or the VAS pages are being updated as we speak...
chaicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wink

i guess it will be expensive only if you exceed the free 50gb

anywayz, for those who have iphone plan, i feel its more worth to sign up multisim instead
Given it's iPad, don't be surprise it's rather easy to blow the 50GB traffic volume (for some users).
Old 21-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #19
Master Member

It's on SingTel iPad Data Plan FAQ page.

Only applicable to Broadband on Mobile plans, not Multi-SIM.
oh ok thx for the info. I will go down to singtel shop and ask... although, i have alrdy cut my normal sim into microsim size, but would still prefer to have a microsim instead lol =x
Old 21-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #20

I wonder the telcos will try stunts to stop us from exploiting multi sim plan. Else I expect a sudden rise in number of multi sim subscribers
nothing wrong with multi sim, not an exploitation. we pay $5 more every mth for one more sim card on another device that share same voice and data airtime. every telco offers that, singtel one already lousy compared to M1.

So for those who want to use existing 12gb iphone data which i feel more then enough, go get a multi sim card and put into ur ipad to share the 12gb data. when u use the ipad online, ur actual phone works nornally. the second sim card can even call out. but incoming only go to the master sim card. very useful service.
Vincentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #21
Master Member

Given it's iPad, don't be surprise it's rather easy to blow the 50GB traffic volume (for some users).
very hard to overshoot that amount on ipad .... especially if urs is not jailbroken...

I have yet to use 1GB of my 30GB data bundle on my ipad so far >.>
Old 21-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

very hard to overshoot that amount on ipad .... especially if urs is not jailbroken...

I have yet to use 1GB of my 30GB data bundle on my ipad so far >.>
Some users may... Don't be surprise how much students can clock on their data usage...
Old 21-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #23
Master Member

As expected. Telcos want us to sign up the 7.2Mbps when they cannot
provide that peak speed at congested areas. Pay more than $30 per
month. Just for multi-sim?

Why not sign up 2Mbps plan. Less than $20? Buy a micro-cutter with
a couple of free adapter at only USD20 (one-time). It beats pay more
than $30 per month to be a carrothead. Or pay pple to cut the standard
sim to micro-sim. Definitely cheaper...

Last edited by geckoSG; 21-07-2010 at 11:53 PM..
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

Maybe exploitation is not the word. Should be workaround

I'm sure the telcos knows that. With official release of iPad data plans, it's a matter of time they limit this 'very useful service' to iPad users
Tucksoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #25

Wah lau I went down to Singtel Hello shop at Taka just now but the CSOs INSISTED that they could not change the SIM into a micro SIM. Attitude very bad somemore, kept telling me "no cannot" when I ask why they say "sorry sir it just cannot be done". Then in the end came out with this excuse that each micro SIM has a number tethered to it and they cannot change the number at this point. WTH! Irritating. Now have to go down AGAIN.
despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #26
Supremacy Member

Wah lau I went down to Singtel Hello shop at Taka just now but the CSOs INSISTED that they could not change the SIM into a micro SIM. Attitude very bad somemore, kept telling me "no cannot" when I ask why they say "sorry sir it just cannot be done". Then in the end came out with this excuse that each micro SIM has a number tethered to it and they cannot change the number at this point. WTH! Irritating. Now have to go down AGAIN.
Sian sia. I suggest going to Comcenter. Being there twice, officers seemed more knowledgeable and service is good
Tucksoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #27

can you data between phone and ipad simultaneously?

yes u can use both at the same time.
alvismah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can we sign up a multiple sim plan with micro sd card ? I understand there is a one time registration cost though ?
cloud77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #29
Banned

does anyone know what is the data speed if we are on iflexi value?
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #30

does anyone know what is the data speed if we are on iflexi value?
Should be 7.2/1.5Mbps for download/upload.
lailf is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.