Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Strange iPad sync behavior after 12.0.1

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By *adiBOY

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2018, 12:02 AM   #1
Supremacy Member

Strange iPad sync behavior after 12.0.1

In my office I have iPad Air 1, Air 2 and 2018. When all were updated to 12.0.1 and 12.1 recently a strange thing happened to ipad Air 2.

When original Apple lightning cables with connected, it shows "this accessories may not be supported" on all 3 models....

Worst for iPad Air 2, when it is unlock, there is NO reaction to itune. But when lock, then itune detects it and starts sync.

The USB-restricted feature toggle button I slide on/off a few times and sympton still remains. Erased and setup new and it still shows the symptoms. It is as though for iPad Air 2 ONLY, the USB restricted mode is reverse of the other models...

Last edited by Ideasmiths; 15-11-2018 at 08:07 AM..
Ideasmiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 02:18 AM   #2
Master Member

In my office I have iPad Air 1, Air 2 and 2018. When all were updated to 12.0.1 and 12.1 recently a strange thing happened to ipad Air 2.

When original Apple lightning cables with connected, it shows "this accessories may not be supported" on all 3 models....

Worst for iPad Air 2, when it is unlock, there is NO reaction to itune. But when lock, then itune detects it and starts sync.

The USB-restricted feature toggle button I slide on/off a few times and sympton still remains. Erased and setup new and it still shows the symptoms. It is as thought for iPad Air 2 ONLY, the USB restricted mode is reverse of the other models...
The lightning is it from Apple or 3rd party?
If 3rd party try the original from Apple.

I have this issue too for my iPad Pro 12.9, running iOS 11
Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 02:36 AM   #3
Master Member

The lightning is it from Apple or 3rd party?
If 3rd party try the original from Apple.

I have this issue too for my iPad Pro 12.9, running iOS 11
Haha bro, did you even read??
Ideasmiths and nacnac74 like this.
Old 15-11-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
Master Member

Haha bro, did you even read??
maybe cable faulty lo
Old 15-11-2018, 04:50 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have an iPad Air 2, but have not updated to iOS 12. In fact, I still kept it at iOS 10 cause I don't want to lose the 32bit applications. Was actually planning to do it until I read this...
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
Master Member

Yea.. My iPad Pro 9.7 still at iOS 10.
Once upgrade there is no turning back

That’s why I bought iPad Pro 10.5 after 1 year I bought my 9.7. Heng yesterday I do replacement unit the iOS is still 11.4.1 same as my old iPad Pro. The Apple lady check say everything is ok except software.

Some more yours iPad Air 2, which using A8X better don’t upgrade. Later more issue

I have an iPad Air 2, but have not updated to iOS 12. In fact, I still kept it at iOS 10 cause I don't want to lose the 32bit applications. Was actually planning to do it until I read this...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.