HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tinggling buzzing vibration when ipad is charging

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Snoweagle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #1

Tinggling buzzing vibration when ipad is charging

Guys do you feel tinggling buzzing or vibration kind of feel when you touch and rub lightly with ur finger at the back of bare ipad during charging? My ipad pro 10.5 does and it feels much stronger when u r on bare foot.. you feel less when ur foot is elevated or with shoes... try it and see...
scarzro8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guys do you feel tinggling buzzing or vibration kind of feel when you touch and rub lightly with ur finger at the back of bare ipad during charging? My ipad pro 10.5 does and it feels much stronger when u r on bare foot.. you feel less when ur foot is elevated or with shoes... try it and see...
This is normal as the adapter used is unearthed type (I think) and itís similarly to when charging iPhones too. For Macbooks, thereís a long cable (earthed) that connects to the power adapter to elimiate this issue when you touch the Macbookís metal chassis.

Is this what you meant?
rvyne7 likes this.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:17 PM   #3

This is normal as the adapter used is unearthed type (I think) and itís similarly to when charging iPhones too. For Macbooks, thereís a long cable (earthed) that connects to the power adapter to elimiate this issue when you touch the Macbookís metal chassis.

Is this what you meant?
Yup yup thats what i meant... yup i googled and many mentioned about this... so they say its normal? Surprised me i know in the 80s came across these type of electrical device with unearthed and when u touch u get this kind of feeling... and now its 2018 and they said normal... my note 8 doesnt have this kind of thing happen..
scarzro8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yup yup thats what i meant... yup i googled and many mentioned about this... so they say its normal? Surprised me i know in the 80s came across these type of electrical device with unearthed and when u touch u get this kind of feeling... and now its 2018 and they said normal... my note 8 doesnt have this kind of thing happen..
yes its normal. the aluminium casing will generate some eddy current due to the fact its a metal.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #5

Happens to me too. Apparently apple didn't think to put a ground cable on the charger...
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:04 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then itís normal, no cause for concern as it wonít give an electric shock as the metal chassis somehow sheaths the internal current flowing within the device instead of through the metal body. Appleís power adapter like those that came with iPhones, iPads and older Macbooks with Magsafe and Magsafe 2 (3-pin plug attached to adapter) are all not earthed, hence the sensation youíre getting when itís being charged.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #7

Simply put it is normal. Apple 3 pin plug grounding isn’t even connected thus this happens. Only the old 2016 MacBooks had proper grounding in them.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.