HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Who is getting the pencil

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2018, 09:39 AM   #31

some reviews says, the new iPad still weird using apple pencil on it... because unlike iPad Pro's which is laminated this new iPad is not so screen have some gap on it.

I'm actually due for replacement of my iPad Mini for more than a year already just waiting for this June event if what they can offer I'll opt for iPad Pro 10" instead of getting the cheaper base model.. If they dont offer new mini.
rvyne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 10:40 AM   #32

Think it used to be $148.
Think airport will be even cheap without the GST.. I got it at the airport when flying off, it's $128.97.. hehe..

Last edited by ellfire15; 26-04-2018 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: Add more details
ellfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Think airport will be even cheap without the GST.. I got it at the airport when flying off, it's $128.97.. hehe..
Unless you really need to travel then purchase inside. Else just get from outside.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #34

Apple Pencil via the Education Store is S$125, just to note.

https://www.apple.com/sg_edu_4911/sh...2/apple-pencil
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 01:08 AM   #35

Apple Pencil fully charged and Bluetooth connected but canít write on iPad Pro. Anyone faced this problem before? How did you resolve the issue?
karenwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #36

Did a one for one exchange at Apple store. New one working fine. I love the pencil.
karenwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 11:43 PM   #37
Master Member

Just bought Apple Pencil from Apple store today
Would like to ask around if anyone here using Apple Pencil without screen/ glass protector on?
I did not apply any glass/ screen protector on my iPad Pro.

Wondering if it does cause any scratches or issue with iPad Pro anti reflective coating, I can only find very limited info on these

TIA!
ForumRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:50 AM   #38
Master Member

Would like to ask around if anyone here using Apple Pencil without screen/ glass protector on?

Wondering if it does cause any scratches or issue with iPad Pro anti reflective coating, I can only find very limited info on these

TIA!
Using Apple Pencil on iPad 2018 without screen protector.
Gametaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #39
Master Member

TIA!
Been writing on my 9.7Ē iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil with no screen protector for over 2 years now. Not a single scratch or issue with the display.
limpe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

Got my 10.5" Pro with the pencil and a Zagg InvisibleShield, and also Logitech's slim combo keyboard case yesterday. Writing with the TG screen protector is butter smooth and I presume it should be the same without it. The pencil's tip is also very smooth but in the box itself it comes with a spare tip with an adapter for charging the pencil using the USB cable.

The thing is, is it necessary to change the pencil's tip after some time of usage? Does it really wear off?
Old 14-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #41
Master Member

How often do u change the tip? Batt life good?
Halo green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 04:23 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

My pencil and Pro is still new so canít answer you that question yet. Furthermore I donít use the pencil often unless have to take notes.
Old 14-05-2018, 06:10 PM   #43

Have been using the Apple Pencil on a regular basis for the past 10 months for taking down notes during lectures.

There wouldnít be very obvious blunt or wearing off from the Pencil tip, but you will feel like there is more drag when writing on the iPad - which is what I am experiencing it now.

In the Apple Pencil packaging comes with an extra tip and a female-female lightning connector for you to charge it with a lightning cable.

The battery is able to last me for about 5-6 hours of continuous usage (during lectures). If the battery is low, just plug it in your iPad (or your iPhone) for 5-10 minutes, and it can last for another 2-3 more hours.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 09:17 PM   #44
Master Member

What do u recommend?

If you’re just signing on your iPad, i think any good style would do the trick?
Old 02-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #45

TIA!
I have a ipad pro 10.5 since last Oct? Forgotten when i last bought it.. lolx.

No screen protection as well. Bought the Apple Pencil together with the Apple Pro, together with the Smart Keyboard.

Thoght I didnít use the AP daily or whenever I use my ipadpro, I am sure the tip will wear off in some regular use basis. If not, they would not have given a spare tip when you buy a new AP and also selling them as accessory.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.