HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Will the next iPhone compatible with our 4G

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #16

2gb ? i clock 11 plus GB average every month lowest is about 7GB to 8Gb.
fuc.k me.
u clock 11gb+ on 3G ???
what the hell do u use it for dude??
kvanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
High Supremacy Member

They are clever, cut data to 2GB now. When they officially launch 4G, prepare to burn through the data and pay through your noses.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

because of you people hogging the bandwidth, i cant even sustain proper connection lo...
Old 11-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

fuc.k me.
u clock 11gb+ on 3G ???
what the hell do u use it for dude??
hahaha....streaming netflix,starhub tv using eyetv,airvideo,pandora radio..........etc
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

because of you people hogging the bandwidth, i cant even sustain proper connection lo...
give us 12gb use it to the max lor hahaha.........
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #21

give us 12gb use it to the max lor hahaha.........
Bladdy singaporean. Free means whack lar?
WAHAHA!!!

I thought i also stream a lot then see my bill...cheh cannot even pass 2gb!?
Damn kotek.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #22
High Supremacy Member

Same 8gb to 11gb..

If 6gb data still acceptable, 2gb too little
fabianlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #23

For those of you waiting for iPhone 5, you might want to continue to wait before you recontract. There is a possibility it might be able to connect to our 4G here.

I understand that you might want to recontract before 1 jul in order to lock in the 12 gig data plan. But if you do so, you will not be able to recontract later to buy iPhone 5.

I know many people are frustrated with Singtel change of bundled data and it's 3G network.

I feel that Singtel is not entirely wrong to change their data plan bundle. Singtel has never promised the speed of 3G on mobile phone. Our mobile phone 3G speed is known to be inconsistent because you dont pay extra for it. Even 3G you can choose the speed you want for data plan only, you can choose 3 speed and you pay for it. E.g classic 3.6 $21.50 typical speed is 2.1mbps while premium 21 $40.40 typical speed is 4.8mbps. So if you want speed you pay for it.

4G is the way to go if you want speed, but you have to pay for it.

Last edited by ricardoo; 12-06-2012 at 01:43 AM..
ricardoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #24

Apple has not confirmed rolling out a globally compatible 4G/LTE iPhone / iPad. Apple uses freq 700MHz and 2.1GHz while SG is on 1.8GHz and 2.6GHz

The reason why SG is not using 700MHz band is due to existing usage by broadcasters - since it penetrates walls easily. This attribute also makes it amenable to LTE as well.

MDA has not ruled out releasing this freq though for LTE. This will coincide with the transition to digital broadcasting. DVB-T trials have been underway for at least 1.5 years. SG needs to make this transition by 2015 in accordance to ASEAN agreement.

Mediacock has also said they will go full digital by 2012 - as if I care for their shi.t content.

After all the free-to-air channels go digital, then the spectrum can be released for LTE. However, by then StinkTel and StarSuck have already rolled out LTE. I'm not sure if it's easy to switch to the 900MHz spectrum.
An update on when the free to air MediaCock channels will go fully digital - 2013.

Only following this will the LTE spectrum used by Apple devices can be possibly used for 4G in SG. But 2013 is a LONG time in the consumer electronics space. Anything can happen by then.

Singapore
Old 20-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #25

An update on when the free to air MediaCock channels will go fully digital - 2013.

Only following this will the LTE spectrum used by Apple devices can be possibly used for 4G in SG. But 2013 is a LONG time in the consumer electronics space. Anything can happen by then.

Singapore
Ok so yesterday I posted the news about the potential availability of the lower spectrum by 2013 for existing Apple LTE devices.

But today I read that AT&T made a deal with Sirius XM - satellite radio to provide 2.3GHz LTE services pending FCC approval. This could mean that future Apple devices support current SG LTE spectrum - up to 2.6GHz.

AT&T and Sirius XM propose rules to allow LTE on WCS | ExtremeTech
Old 28-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #26

A quick look at the LTE scene for upcoming iPhone 5...

Looking at the LTE chipset environment currently, there are no "4G WORLD PHONE" at this moment as there are no LTE chip capable of supporting such a vast frequencies on LTE network at this moment that is proven to work. This is the main issue that is causing NVIDIA or Samsung loss of revenue at the moment due to the LTE issues.

Apple does not love launching multiple phone type for different market (based on historical example) and thus the possibility of having a iPhone 5 with LTE 4G support that works in Singapore is rare by SEP (launch date).
Maxxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have the new iPad, preordered it and then sold my old ipad 2 away.

I am currently using iPhone 4S but got this phone after my mum sign contract and I swop my 3GS with her.

Having seen the recent developments in mobile plan data allocation etc, I feel that in future, I will be just getting a simple SIM card that has basic voice and sms like Singtel's Super SIM plan.

For mobile broadband, instead of paying so much extra for mobile with data plan or VAS for Mobile and top it off with extra sim for my ipad.

I am thinking of considering 4G LTE on Broadband on Mobile contract. This will be used on a Mifi type device so I can cover my iphone and ipad plus it will have more data bundled in. Then I don't have to pay extra for that multi-SIM to Singtel.

Last edited by Jack_Chen; 28-06-2012 at 12:36 PM..
Jack_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #28

I have the new iPad, preordered it and then sold my old ipad 2 away.

I am currently using iPhone 4S but got this phone after my mum sign contract and I swop my 3GS with her.

Having seen the recent developments in mobile plan data allocation etc, I feel that in future, I will be just getting a simple SIM card that has basic voice and sms like Singtel's Super SIM plan.

For mobile broadband, instead of paying so much extra for mobile with data plan or VAS for Mobile and top it off with extra sim for my ipad.

I am thinking of considering 4G LTE on Broadband on Mobile contract. This will be used on a Mifi type device so I can cover my iphone and ipad plus it will have more data bundled in. Then I don't have to ask play for that multi-SIM to Singtel.
Well that is an option but then again you'd have to carry a MiFi device around in addition to your phone and iPad. Nothing beats integrated sim+data.

Atm we don't have to concern ourselves with 4G so much until iDevices are capable of accessing SG 4G speeds. But when that time comes, it may be a different tech environment with other options. All this could happen in less than 18 months.

Personally I'm surprised that as much 3G streaming I do, I don't exceed 2gb mobile data. So this may not affect me at all - given limitation on speed. Still the 12gb was a safety net. Hopefully the next iPhone is released before Starsuck and M1 revise their data allocation also - so that I can re-contract for 24 months. It is likely though that both will time this revision WITH the release of the iPhone as most people will go for the recontract/new contract.

Who knows!?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:59 PM   #29

iPhone 5 Will Reportedly Feature Worldwide LTE Support

iPhone 5 Will Reportedly Feature Worldwide LTE Support | Redmond Pie
ricardoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #30
Master Member

iPhone 5 Will Reportedly Feature Worldwide LTE Support

iPhone 5 Will Reportedly Feature Worldwide LTE Support | Redmond Pie
heard samsung will sue them if iphone 5 is launched.
lockks is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.