HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Will the next iPhone compatible with our 4G

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #1

Will the next iPhone compatible with our 4G

Right now we are quite sue that the next iPhone will have 4G. However will it be compatible with our 4G? When the new iPad was launched, it's 4G is not compatible for countries like Australia and Singapore. Will Apple learn their lesson and create a different version?
ricardoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Who cares? As long as can hit 5mbps I very happy liao. Now our 3G also cannot maximize the 4S speed so how? Dun buy?
Knight_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #3

Even if it does, look at the data cap, 2GB with LTE very fast burn finish liao, Starhub 1GB even worse.

as Knight_Rider says, our current telco cannot maximise our 3G speed also pointless. I'm happy enough if the 3G can remain connected..
kazxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #4

Our telcos embody everything wrong about SG.
Full of promise but ultimately shallow.

World class my flying arse.
kvanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #5

Who cares? As long as can hit 5mbps I very happy liao. Now our 3G also cannot maximize the 4S speed so how? Dun buy?
for some people, he will still buy iphone 5, even he can't utilize the 4G. I was just hoping Apple to come out one that we can utilize.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #6

Even if it does, look at the data cap, 2GB with LTE very fast burn finish liao, Starhub 1GB even worse.

as Knight_Rider says, our current telco cannot maximise our 3G speed also pointless. I'm happy enough if the 3G can remain connected..
You know the telco, forget about maximizing 3G. 4G is the way to go if you want higher speed than the current situation.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
High Supremacy Member

i rather not. 4G with a 2GB data plan don't sound appealing
Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #8

for some people, he will still buy iphone 5, even he can't utilize the 4G. I was just hoping Apple to come out one that we can utilize.
Apple has not confirmed rolling out a globally compatible 4G/LTE iPhone / iPad. Apple uses freq 700MHz and 2.1GHz while SG is on 1.8GHz and 2.6GHz

The reason why SG is not using 700MHz band is due to existing usage by broadcasters - since it penetrates walls easily. This attribute also makes it amenable to LTE as well.

MDA has not ruled out releasing this freq though for LTE. This will coincide with the transition to digital broadcasting. DVB-T trials have been underway for at least 1.5 years. SG needs to make this transition by 2015 in accordance to ASEAN agreement.

Mediacock has also said they will go full digital by 2012 - as if I care for their shi.t content.

After all the free-to-air channels go digital, then the spectrum can be released for LTE. However, by then StinkTel and StarSuck have already rolled out LTE. I'm not sure if it's easy to switch to the 900MHz spectrum.
timb[u]ktoo likes this.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

what is the point of 4G when telco here can't even provide decent 3G speed plus 1-2GB 4G plan ? be prepare to burn a super big hole in your pocket.
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #10

what is the point of 4G when telco here can't even provide decent 3G speed plus 1-2GB 4G plan ? be prepare to burn a super big hole in your pocket.
That's the pattern isn't it?

Telcos = Suck
SG Telcos = Suck even more

The irony is that they invest all this money into 4G infrastructure only to limit usage with capacity restrictions.

Idiots.

I'm not sure how the 2GB will restrict me as I seem to use my 3G alot on my iPad. But it seems I'm still under the 2GB radar...so it may be ok still.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #11

do you guys always clocked more than 2 gb usage? i dont personally. i use wifi whenever i can. my usage usually clocked ard 1gb or less monthly.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #12

do you guys always clocked more than 2 gb usage? i dont personally. i use wifi whenever i can. my usage usually clocked ard 1gb or less monthly.
I use WiFi at home or in the office. But in the car, I do stream quite a bit.
And I'm talking 3G streaming of movies, songs from my home pc.

I do check my mobile usage and it seems still under monthly 2gb. Weird.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #13

That's the pattern isn't it?

Telcos = Suck
SG Telcos = Suck even more

The irony is that they invest all this money into 4G infrastructure only to limit usage with capacity restrictions.

Idiots.

I'm not sure how the 2GB will restrict me as I seem to use my 3G alot on my iPad. But it seems I'm still under the 2GB radar...so it may be ok still.
3G loads slower than 4G. If you were you to use 4G and still continue using it like how you use your 3G, you might actually exceed the 2GB.

Faster connection = More web browsing = more data packets.

The 4G plan which has been rolled our recently doesn't even sound tempting to actually jump into the 4G bandwagon.
timb[u]ktoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #14

For the StinkTel 4G plan, does it mean that everyone on data plan will transition to 4G or you can choose to remain on the 3G and keep the 12gb?

If anything it should be other way around.
12gb for the 4G plans
2gb for the 3G plans

Anyway as previously said, this doesn't matter for iDevices anyway due to LTE freq difference.

Last edited by kvanar; 11-06-2012 at 03:58 PM..
Old 11-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

2gb ? i clock 11 plus GB average every month lowest is about 7GB to 8Gb.
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.