[Software Update] iOS 12.1 Discussions

bockscar

Reaction score
Anyone noticed that now when you unlock with Face ID, the lock symbol will have a longer animation? Didn't notice this in iOS 12.

charizard1987

Reaction score
Ever since I installed iOS 12, battery has been bad... battery drop so fast, especially using safari. Battery can drop 5-8% from 10-15 min surfing hardwarezone forum. I wonder if reformat help? Iphone SE user here.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Give it a while to stabilise. Not to jump into conclusion so fast since iOS tends to rebuild cache and so on after every update. Depending on your user media inside, it could take hours to rebuild and that takes ip battery. Also, do check your battery health to make sure it’s in peak performance..

Ever since I installed iOS 12, battery has been bad... battery drop so fast, especially using safari. Battery can drop 5-8% from 10-15 min surfing hardwarezone forum. I wonder if reformat help? Iphone SE user here.

Odessa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clean installing your SE? It might. Especially if you have been upgrading iOS on top of an existing installation.

What is the condition of your battery? The other thing to consider is not leaving any apps running in the background by swiping them closed immediately after use.

But a five to eight percent drop in a few minutes is drastic.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clean installing your SE? It might. Especially if you have been upgrading iOS on top of an existing installation.

What is the condition of your battery? The other thing to consider is not leaving any apps running in the background by swiping them closed immediately after use.

But a five to eight percent drop in a few minutes is drastic.

This is a misconception among iOS users. When you swipe up to delete the apps, the battery life actually takes more hit than when you leave it running in the background.

iOS will automatically optimize the background running apps to reduce battery life and memory usage. This is the thing iOS user has to understand.

happily1986

Reaction score
I have been getting frequent SIM failures after updating to iOS 12.1 This is an iPhone 7 Plus. I also noticed right after the SIM failure, the phone will show the lockscreen as if you just restarted with the system message like the phone has just restarted, you have to enter the passcode instead of the Touch ID to unlock as if the phone restarted but it did not. Anyone else had this bug?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not for me on Xs max..

I have been getting frequent SIM failures after updating to iOS 12.1 This is an iPhone 7 Plus. I also noticed right after the SIM failure, the phone will show the lockscreen as if you just restarted with the system message like the phone has just restarted, you have to enter the passcode instead of the Touch ID to unlock as if the phone restarted but it did not. Anyone else had this bug?

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No such issue on my X and iPhone 6+

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is a misconception among iOS users. When you swipe up to delete the apps, the battery life actually takes more hit than when you leave it running in the background.

iOS will automatically optimize the background running apps to reduce battery life and memory usage. This is the thing iOS user has to understand.

Yes. Many fail to realise that closing the app and then opening it again drains more battery as it takes a lot of juice to open the app. Just leave it in the background and iOS will manage the usage and power consumed by the app.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes. Many fail to realise that closing the app and then opening it again drains more battery as it takes a lot of juice to open the app. Just leave it in the background and iOS will manage the usage and power consumed by the app.

Ah, I've to keep this in mind, as I've the habit of closing all the apps after each use. :o

Thanks, guys! :)

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Applies to games too?

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
No wonder my battery drain so fast

warehaws

Reaction score
any link to back this up?

I find that killing app saves me more battery.
Maybe for those frequently used apps is we keep them in background.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.