[Software Update] iOS 13.1.X (13.1.3 Released 15/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt it is enough esp since you turn off your Wifi. Wifi and bluetooth helps location accuracy esp when you don't want to use GPS all the time.

Side note there is really no need to turn off wifi when you are not connected to wifi. The battery drain from leaving wifi on is very minimal unlike Android.

I've also double check. Certain action require confirmation by user.

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/guide/shortcuts/apd602971e63/3.1/ios/13.1

According to apple.

The following automations can be run automatically:
  • Airplane Mode
  • Alarm
  • CarPlay
  • Do Not Disturb
  • Low Power Mode
  • NFC
  • Open App
  • Watch Workout

Note: You also may need to set individual actions to run automatically.

The following automations cannot be run automatically:
  • Arrive
  • Before I Leave
  • Bluetooth
  • Leave
  • Time of Day
  • Wi-Fi

All of the ones on the "cannot be run automatically" list are things that a bad actor could do if they had your phone, like wait for a certain time of day, or move your phone to a specific location, or bring it in range of a particular bluetooth or wifi device.

Passive automations based on location, bluetooth, wifi, etc. stand a good chance of many accidental triggers. Connections are flaky, location accuracy is flaky; without some form of throttling mechanism or way to better control accidental firings, thus why it is likely designed to be manual.
Thanks for this.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt it is enough esp since you turn off your Wifi. Wifi and bluetooth helps location accuracy esp when you don't want to use GPS all the time.

Side note there is really no need to turn off wifi when you are not connected to wifi. The battery drain from leaving wifi on is very minimal unlike Android.

I've also double check. Certain action require confirmation by user.

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/guide/shortcuts/apd602971e63/3.1/ios/13.1

According to apple.

The following automations can be run automatically:
  • Airplane Mode
  • Alarm
  • CarPlay
  • Do Not Disturb
  • Low Power Mode
  • NFC
  • Open App
  • Watch Workout

Note: You also may need to set individual actions to run automatically.

The following automations cannot be run automatically:
  • Arrive
  • Before I Leave
  • Bluetooth
  • Leave
  • Time of Day
  • Wi-Fi

All of the ones on the "cannot be run automatically" list are things that a bad actor could do if they had your phone, like wait for a certain time of day, or move your phone to a specific location, or bring it in range of a particular bluetooth or wifi device.

Passive automations based on location, bluetooth, wifi, etc. stand a good chance of many accidental triggers. Connections are flaky, location accuracy is flaky; without some form of throttling mechanism or way to better control accidental firings, thus why it is likely designed to be manual.

For "Open App", third-party apps still need to manually run.

yotoden

Reaction score

Thanks for the explanation, maybe Apple also do for security and privacy reasons?

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Interesting update. Apple seldom, if not never, include battery drain fixes in their change log of iOS releases. But we got one in 13.1.1. Would be interesting how the older devices benefit from these.

Might b because many reviews showed that iphone 11 died earlier than Xr even though they claim it has 1 hour better battery life

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
11 pro here,after updating to 13.1.1 battery drain during overnight idling seems to have increased, from 0-1% to 4%

SESE75

Reaction score
Any1 noticed that when you multitasking the Apple calendar app, the mini icon on the top left corner does not tally with the day and date. Mine still showing 28th Saturday.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Always good to perform a setting reset once you have updated to the new firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.