AirPods 2 Announced [Now available]

xhoyasx

Reaction score
yeah not much diff to gen1, luckily was able to hoot the flash deal last night for Gen1

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
the event next week is for their new streaming services.. probably don't wanna mix up the message.

plus all these new products are just refreshes (spec bumps). not worth a mention during the event.

any improvement in sound quality or just wireless charging capability

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
AirPods 2! The case now comes with Wireless Charging!
https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/select-airpods

jspcnIV.jpg

BEWyFqg.jpg

AirPods users can buy just the AirPods Wireless Charging Case itself too for S$119. Yikes! :eek:

magical - wireless, more expensive?:(

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
It will cannibalise sales of the AirPods 2 in the regular case since design and spec wise between the two are about the same.

gen1 u still can buy from Lazada etc. there r deals from time to time

I don't think it's gen 1, the price increased by $1. It should be the second gen AirPods in a non-wireless charging case.

yeah. guess Gen 2 improvement is so minimal that Gen 1 got phased out straightaway. :(

going by Gen 1's sales number, can tell the demand is there for them to hold on to the same price.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah. guess Gen 2 improvement is so minimal that Gen 1 got phased out straightaway. :(

going by Gen 1's sales number, can tell the demand is there for them to hold on to the same price.

This current new one has a diffierent ‘H1’ headphone chip, which should be of some improvement (including sound) over the older W1 chip, no just faster and more reliable connection.

For AirPod fans, might be an OK purchase but improvements are not significant. I myself also don’t use siri. When it’s out, I may go test it.

Though it may not have the best audio quality, but for iPhone users, it is still the absolute most convenient earphones in terms of ease of overall use and pairing.

Last edited:

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aside from charging wirelessly, are the headphones the same?

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good for gen 1 user like me. Less tempted this time to get the next gen since the improvement is so insignificant.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.