HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

AirPods Pro (Beware of fakes)

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #1801
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ops. Thought got APP case from powersupport Excited for awhile.
Eventually it will be out, just dunno when only.
Old 28-11-2019, 07:23 PM   #1802
Supremacy Member

Follow what the other broís say tomorrow morning 9.45/10am check they shld be restock. If u made up ur mind place order then collect OTOT.

Yday I saw had stock, went jewel to test drive it. Was ready to make purchase and was told OOS. Saw this morning 10am both replenished stock placed an order, this evening gonna collect it.

Apple making sheet loads of monies from these man. At this rate think itís out selling sony xm3
AirPods is already the best selling wireless earbuds in the world. Competitors are no where in sight. Apple is also doubling the production of the AirPods Pro to meet the increasing demands.

Surely will come soon. U really PS big fan bro . I find that Apple is the only co. to induce brands to make casing for their wireless earbuds right? I donít see brands making casing for MTW, Beoplay E8 2.0, WF-1000XM3, 65t. .
Brands will see little incentives for making accessories for Apple as the audience will not be huge and they have to spent more in marketing. If you notice, to have their products placed and sold in Apple stores, they have to follow Appleís strict design language which is why the packaging design is pretty consistent throughout the brands. Not only that, the products will be tested in-house by Apple engineers before they can be approved to sell in Apple Store worldwide.
Old 28-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #1803
Supremacy Member

Follow what the other broís say tomorrow morning 9.45/10am check they shld be restock. If u made up ur mind place order then collect OTOT.

Yday I saw had stock, went jewel to test drive it. Was ready to make purchase and was told OOS. Saw this morning 10am both replenished stock placed an order, this evening gonna collect it.

Apple making sheet loads of monies from these man. At this rate think itís out selling sony xm3
U peng steering with the app ah? Test drive LOL 😆
jayz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #1804

Actually if we like silicon cases, for me I feel any brands will do, as all will stretch overtime and the top cover for the AirPods will become loose. But for leather casing quality that urbanlife brand really not bad. $39.90 is reasonably priced. Native Union leather case for AP2 wireless is priced too high at $79!
Yeah I agree for silicon cases because I’ve used both cheap taobao cases and authentic elago case for my Gen 1 AirPods and both also stretch after about 6 months usage then if you leave it on its own in the cupboard, the surface will be sticky sticky.

After my current silicon case for my APP stretch, I might consider changing to the leather ones. Anyone has any feedback/review on using leather cases for APP?
bodohboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #1805

I actually bought an AirPods wireless for my daughter 1st on Tue. Got poisoned by the Incase woolenex casing that she like. I tested her AP2 and really reminisced the ease of fitting in the ear.

APP was really good. All was well until I realised it has a tendency to come loose if we talk or chew food while eating. Basically jaw movement will make it loose. Worse is it can drop out of my ear without me having a chance to catch it before it landed on the MRT cabin floor. It’s my ear problem. Not the size of the S/M earbuds. I can only fit AP2/Klipsch oval shaped earbuds/ciem.

That’s why that very Tue night I sold off my APP and ordered AP2 wireless.
Funnily enough I am the exact opposite of you. When using my Gen 1 AirPods, the left AirPod will always drop after prolong usage due to “ear sweat” but my right one stays on. Dropped a few times when I was dozing off on public transport and woke up realising the AirPod has dropped on my lap or floor.

After using APP, with size M on my left ear and size S on my right ear the problem hasn’t happened since perhaps due to the fact that it is in ear.
bodohboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 09:26 PM   #1806
cnt
Greater Supremacy Member

In 2018, average 3m AirPods was sold every month. If you calculate the revenue from AirPods alone, not many companies can hit that figure.
cnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #1807

Snoweagle & manofsorrows bro bought the urbanlife leather case from iStudio. The SA opened up for me to feel it & I can attest itís a nice smelling premium leather quality with interior suede lining to prevent scratches when you slide in the APP. Some other leather casing brands do not have that suede lining. Itís reasonably priced too. I saw it at iStudio PS.
Just got the leather case too. can confirm it is indeed of good fit and quality. Got a black one and don't think i will be spending more money on other cases.
derkaiser94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 09:35 PM   #1808

Good purchase.... i liked it too...

Just got the leather case too. can confirm it is indeed of good fit and quality. Got a black one and don't think i will be spending more money on other cases.
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 10:18 PM   #1809

Just collected airpods pro, dinner at home then explore
Old 29-11-2019, 12:54 AM   #1810

Just an update guys

1) like the bro adviced added offmode to long press connect to tv and all functions accessible, tested with LG C9 Netflix YouTube 4k hevc remux SDTV all no lag awesome.

2) just played around with app connected to iPhone as expected just like my test drive in the car 🚗 showroom, I mean Apple store, all going well, listening to my flac unmolested 24/96, 16/44, fidelity is there. Already tight bass, don’t know why people say not enuff bass, must be too used to trash skullcandy until they believe it’s the best headphones since sunshine slice bread 🍞
Old 29-11-2019, 12:58 AM   #1811
Master Member

Just an update guys

1) like the bro adviced added offmode to long press connect to tv and all functions accessible, tested with LG C9 Netflix YouTube 4k hevc remux SDTV all no lag awesome.

2) just played around with app connected to iPhone as expected just like my test drive in the car 🚗 showroom, I mean Apple store, all going well, listening to my flac unmolested 24/96, 16/44, fidelity is there. Already tight bass, don’t know why people say not enuff bass, must be too used to trash skullcandy until they believe it’s the best headphones since sunshine slice bread 🍞
if I'm not wrong iPhone Bluetooth codec only supports aac?? it's like using a 100w charger to charge an iPhone.. the max it will accept is only 18w.. end up your unmolested flac music also become auto molested by the bt codec.

for flac files, wired connection aside, preferably LDAC or minimum aptx HD would be good. but both unavailable on the iPhone..

Last edited by Charlie_Zhan; 29-11-2019 at 01:11 AM..
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2019, 01:45 AM   #1812
cnt
Greater Supremacy Member

FLAC is overkilled but it’s still better to than mp3. For iPhone Bluetooth, AAC is the best you can get. Means it’s best to encode all your files to AAC. The FLAC file will also convert to AAC through Bluetooth
Old 29-11-2019, 01:51 AM   #1813

if I'm not wrong iPhone Bluetooth codec only supports aac?? it's like using a 100w charger to charge an iPhone.. the max it will accept is only 18w.. end up your unmolested flac music also become auto molested by the bt codec.

for flac files, wired connection aside, preferably LDAC or minimum aptx HD would be good. but both unavailable on the iPhone..

Nice Bluetooth FiiO-BTR3 dac amp bro. Howís the batt life per single charge? I remember reading a few pages back someone is using this together with his Campfire Audio Andromeda. R u the one? Rave reviews everywhere for this 5 BA uiem.
argentinafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2019, 02:03 AM   #1814
Master Member

Nice Bluetooth FiiO-BTR3 dac amp bro. How’s the batt life per single charge? I remember reading a few pages back someone is using this together with his Campfire Audio Andromeda. R u the one? Rave reviews everywhere for this 5 BA uiem.
I only use it with my other android phones for this BT DAC/AMP since iPhone BT codec is limited to just AAC.. when using aptx HD codec it can last about 10 hours.. but if using LDAC codec it will go down to about 6-8 hours..

ya I'm using this with the campfire audio Andromeda iems.. I'm not trying to compare a $1500 iem to the APP but I feel that loading FLAC files to your iphone and listening to it with the APP is abit pointless since you will be listening to AAC encoded sound at the receiving end eventually.
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2019, 02:18 AM   #1815

In 2018, average 3m AirPods was sold every month. If you calculate the revenue from AirPods alone, not many companies can hit that figure.
Wow astonishing figures there 3M of earbuds sold per month!

Funnily enough I am the exact opposite of you. When using my Gen 1 AirPods, the left AirPod will always drop after prolong usage due to ďear sweatĒ but my right one stays on. Dropped a few times when I was dozing off on public transport and woke up realising the AirPod has dropped on my lap or floor.

After using APP, with size M on my left ear and size S on my right ear the problem hasnít happened since perhaps due to the fact that it is in ear.
I got the elago secure fit cover for my AP2 earbuds. Good fit. I really do miss the tap to go back/skip tracks instead of squeeze on APP.

Finally I got a chance to try today on the Collection at Apple TV - at the extreme left of the shop. While I was walking past the Off-White shop I fired up my Apple Store app and remembering what Petpet bro taught us about this trick, I set the privacy>location>while using the app for Apple Store app. When I reached the TV point the Apple SA was already looking out for me and brought my stuff out. I was out of the shop within 30 secs! Donít even need to check my ID.

In future for next iteration of iPhone, I will trigger this method of collecting. Save a lot of time lor!

Spoiler!
argentinafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.