HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

AirPods Pro (Beware of fakes)

Like Tree216Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2020, 07:10 PM   #3076
Master Member

I booked an appointment and got my APP replaced. Hopefully no more whistling sound when Iím using it for my run. The Apple staff gave me another set of eartips that came with the replacement earphones. Happy~~~
discoburg and Snoweagle like this.
Kiddream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 07:32 PM   #3077
Supremacy Member

rubbish. my APP bought when it came out is still working well. Change so many times probably user problem. where got suay until like that?
lol see for yourself on macrumours forums. many same cases.
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 09:30 PM   #3078
Supremacy Member

unlike the airpods 2. APP is a new product and we are the paying customers who are also the beta testers in a sense.
I used AirPods 1, battery degraded. Changed to AirPods 2. Heng never buy AirPods Pro
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 11:00 PM   #3079

Credit cards giving free APP. But need to wait a while before it is sent to you
icyflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 11:04 PM   #3080
Supremacy Member

I prefer at the store so.can check the replacement on the spot.
some problems on the spot is cannot test and appear one. so no point go to store.

in fact, most of not all of APP common issues appear after using them for awhile, and not immediately after unboxing.

Last edited by Charlie_Zhan; 30-06-2020 at 11:07 PM..
Old 30-06-2020, 11:10 PM   #3081
Arch-Supremacy Member

some problems on the spot is cannot test and appear one. so no point go to store.

in fact, most of not all of APP common issues appear after using them for awhile, and not immediately after unboxing.
If so then canít be helped. I work at the airport so going to the Apple Store at Jewelís no problem.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:09 PM   #3082
Arch-Supremacy Member

rubbish. my APP bought when it came out is still working well. Change so many times probably user problem. where got suay until like that?
i bought so many gadgets since 1998, never once got any issue. be it apple or other brands

maybe must depend on luck when u purchase gadgets.

i can swear i never been to any service centre before since the first gadget i bought
stupidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:05 AM   #3083

Actually can walk in just need to wait lor. I just went Jewel 2 days in a row.

First day, replace the ear tips because it torn, waited for around 1.5 to 2 hours (was on leave for something else). Originally thought the distortion noise (only when slight movement APP in my ear with pass through or ANC on. I can replicate the cracking sound by tapping right APP with finger and comparing with the tapping on the left APP as I only had problems with 1 side) was due to the torn ear tips. After I went house, the distortion still there, so went back just before 12 pm next day (they open at 12pm), wait for around 30 mins and replace my right side (done in around 1 hours).
inxoxni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:07 PM   #3084
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually can walk in just need to wait lor. I just went Jewel 2 days in a row.

First day, replace the ear tips because it torn, waited for around 1.5 to 2 hours (was on leave for something else). Originally thought the distortion noise (only when slight movement APP in my ear with pass through or ANC on. I can replicate the cracking sound by tapping right APP with finger and comparing with the tapping on the left APP as I only had problems with 1 side) was due to the torn ear tips. After I went house, the distortion still there, so went back just before 12 pm next day (they open at 12pm), wait for around 30 mins and replace my right side (done in around 1 hours).
Thatís the problem without making appointments, unless youíve a lot of time on your hands.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:09 AM   #3085

Thatís very nice of them.

When I requested for a new set of eartips via online Apple support when I was doing a replacement for 1 of the APP due to cracking noise issue, they told me itís not FOC and I have to pay for it or I will have to minus off 1 count from my AppleCare

I booked an appointment and got my APP replaced. Hopefully no more whistling sound when Iím using it for my run. The Apple staff gave me another set of eartips that came with the replacement earphones. Happy~~~
keechiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #3086
Supremacy Member

When using the ANC mode on the train, can you guys hear the train announcement??
Wiseboi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:25 PM   #3087
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just now I was at Apple Store Jewel for my APP replacement on the issue of crackling sounds/interference when in ambient mode. They did a diagnostics on both the charging case and the earbuds and found both earbuds have driver issues and hence replaced both earbuds with new eartips. My charging case is fine.

A note that was told to me is that since a set of different earbuds are placed into the charging case, it might not pair. So need to reset by opening the case, press and hold the back button until the light turns white, then re-pair from phone. Else it'll be just flashing orange.

Last edited by Snoweagle; 06-07-2020 at 02:36 PM..
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:27 PM   #3088
Arch-Supremacy Member

When using the ANC mode on the train, can you guys hear the train announcement??
Of cos can, it's not soundproof.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #3089
Supremacy Member

Just now I was at Apple Store Jewel for my APP replacement on the issue of crackling sounds/interference when in ambient mode. They did a diagnostics on both the charging case and the earbuds and found both earbuds have driver issues and hence replaced both earbuds with new eartips. My charging case is fine.

A note that was told to me is that since a set of different earbuds are placed into the charging case, it might not pair. So need to reset by opening the case, press and hold the back button until the light turns white, then re-pair from phone. Else it'll be just flashing orange.
why wouldnít they change a brand new set of APP for you instead? for all my exchanges made itís a brand new box of APP with new serial numbers and a new invoice with the new serial number indicated.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:12 PM   #3090
Arch-Supremacy Member

why wouldnít they change a brand new set of APP for you instead? for all my exchanges made itís a brand new box of APP with new serial numbers and a new invoice with the new serial number indicated.
Not sure leh, the guy just replaced the earbuds. In fact I only need the replacement buds.

My serial number now very unique, only a '1'. Firmware stuck at 2D15.

Last edited by Snoweagle; 06-07-2020 at 05:48 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.