AirPods Pro (Beware of fakes, buy direct from Apple!)

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any best deal on Qoo10 or Amazon?

Amazon Prime day is coming.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
ed00LMg.jpg

Is it normal for optimised charging to stay in same status despite plugged in for few hours?

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Like to check on getting applecare for airpod Pro.

I can still purchase the applecare within the first 60 days i gotten the airpod pro right? Can just purchase it online via apple right?

And does A-Lab still offer 10% off for applecare?

Thank you.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Apple care, S$49 for 2 yrs, just buy. You will be thankful that you bought the apple care.

Watzzup

Reaction score
Is there any alternative or better than airpods 2th generation? With the same shape..my wife didn't like the shape for 3rd and pro versions...thanks

Reaction score
actually the the simplest way to check if it's authentic or not, it's base on serial # right?
if s/n does not show up means it's fake??

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
So to ensure that .. it’s better to match box serial number with the serial number on the AirPods itself ?
If it's 100% original you will be able to:
1) confirm the serial number with apple website
2) call up apple hotline or go to apple's website and register the warranty yourself with the date that you purchased [exemption to this is that the set is authentic but manufactured more than 3 months ago, so you will encounter error when doing self registration for warranty]
3) check that the packaging is exactly identical with those at Apple Store (stickers and fonts are 100% the same, plastic seal is not those low quality DIY shrink wrap)
4) check that the serial number on the box tallies with the serial number engraved on the AirPods case
5) bring it to apple store and ask the staff to verify authenticity

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it's 100% original you will be able to:
1) confirm the serial number with apple website
2) call up apple hotline or go to apple's website and register the warranty yourself with the date that you purchased [exemption to this is that the set is authentic but manufactured more than 3 months ago, so you will encounter error when doing self registration for warranty]
3) check that the packaging is exactly identical with those at Apple Store (stickers and fonts are 100% the same, plastic seal is not those low quality DIY shrink wrap)
4) check that the serial number on the box tallies with the serial number engraved on the AirPods case
5) bring it to apple store and ask the staff to verify authenticity

point 1-4 all can happen with high grade fakes as well.

only point 5 will work to truely differentiate real from fake.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
point 1-4 all can happen with high grade fakes as well.

only point 5 will work to truely differentiate real from fake.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Point 2 can happen but it is very low chance as fakes will only have a handful of serial numbers not registered intentionally to show not activated status.

Point 3 I agree that the plastic seal and image printing can be hard to discern. But the font used even in the high quality fakes usually differ and you can tell apart if you look closely enough, albeit you need an original for a side by side comparison so it may not be very practical.

I don’t think point 5 is exactly full proof if all the usual checks seems legit. Unless the staff is using other advanced methods other than serial checking and exterior checking?

Additional checks:
6) Buy and register for AppleCare+ as it is not possible to do so for fakes
7) Weigh the product using a scale as usually fakes will not match the original weight exactly

Perhaps you can share what other better ways to verify?

Last edited:

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried to buy apple care from apple and was horrified to know that the warranty expired.
I recently bought AirPods from carousell, it was brand new and shrink wrapped. The box was also sealed.
the serial on box matches the one identified in my iPhone. I contacted apple support and they said serial number is correct but warranty activated long ago and expired. There is nothing they could do.

Any idea what could be the cause?

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Bring to APPLE to check. Dun need do the checks by yourself and then question yourself.

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried to buy apple care from apple and was horrified to know that the warranty expired.
I recently bought AirPods from carousell, it was brand new and shrink wrapped. The box was also sealed.
the serial on box matches the one identified in my iPhone. I contacted apple support and they said serial number is correct but warranty activated long ago and expired. There is nothing they could do.

Not all items from apple is activated only when used. Maybe in other countries the one selling you bought from an authorised reseller that activated the airpod the moment your seller bought it.

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Could be someone got the AirPods from apple store example back to school education deal but sold it to shop or some places and then they keep the stock for some time.
When bought from Apple shop the warranty starts automatically on the day you got the item from the shop even if it’s sealed.
Carousell seller is not authorized reseller and there is no receipt also, there is nothing Apple can do.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Dun need question real or fake. Just go down to orchard rd Apple and have them check it out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.