App Store download slow now?

Wheihk

Reaction score
Any1 experiencing slow downloads for update of apps? My apps are loading at extremely slow speed on starhub wifi"....

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Recently upgraded from Singtel ASDL 10 Mbps to Starhub Fibre 1 Gbps. iOS app store and Mac app store updates slow until not usable. Changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and it fixed the slow downloads. Wonder why starhub default DNS of 192.168.0.1 is so slow for app updates..

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently upgraded from Singtel ASDL 10 Mbps to Starhub Fibre 1 Gbps. iOS app store and Mac app store updates slow until not usable. Changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and it fixed the slow downloads. Wonder why starhub default DNS of 192.168.0.1 is so slow for app updates..

192.168.0.1 is yr local dns server which is yr router also. it is forwarding dns requests to e starhub dns...

ShiMaNo3X

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Using wifi to surf web pages was normal speed but downloading apps was impossible.

Changed my wifi DNS server to 208.67.222.222 and it solved the problem

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usimg dlink router starhub provided. but dunno where to start looking lol

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Wifi > Click on the blue "i" circle of the connected network > change the DNS 8.8.8.8

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
To change your Dlink DNS go to router page 192.168.0.1 then go to manual internet connection setup. Change Primary DNS Server and Secondary DNS Server to your desired choice. Changing the DNS on your router is a time one thing and you don't have to enter the DNS for every device that is connected to the router.

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On your iPhone, go to Settings > Wifi > Click on the blue "i" circle of the connected network > change the DNS 8.8.8.8

Sorry for a noob question, does this tamper with any issues or anything?

Last edited:

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
Currently having this issue that I noticed the past 3 days already. I use Singtel fibre and there's no issue on other usage except Apple Store downloading on iOS devices. I temporarily installed surfeasy vpn on iPad, connected to USA, issue solved. So this is definitely either Singtel issue or apple issue. Nevertheless, neither of them will seriously look into the issue and will just fingerpoint at anything except themselves.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Encountered the App Store slow download issue since yesterday morning on both Singtel 1GB and 4G.

Changed my devices' DNS to 8.8.8.8 as suggested but issue remained.

Switched to 209.244.0.3 as suggested in the first few pages of this thread resolve the slow download.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.