App to sync photos/videos with any cloud [non iCloud]

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody has any app to recommend for syncing the phone photo/video album with cloud? By the way, not using iCloud and will be using OneDrive instead.

Yes, OneDrive does have an app for iPhone, however, it only perform backup/upload and not sync. Meaning if you delete a photo on your iPhone, it will not be deleted at the cloud.

Same thing for OneDrive Android as well, it only upload/backup but doesn't sync. So I found an app "Autosync for OneDrive" which is rather good (various type of sync) and neat (can white/blacklist SSID for backup). Unfortunately, it's only for Android.

Any recommendation will be helpful.

Thanks

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
U can try Google photo ..

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I have subscription for OneDrive for my Android phone.

This arrangement is more for my child to share my OneDrive account with her iPhone. Yes, the OneDrive app almost can do it, just looking for something more complete like AutoSync for OneDrive in iOS environment which I'm not familiar with.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Unfortunately, I have subscription for OneDrive for my Android phone.

This arrangement is more for my child to share my OneDrive account with her iPhone. Yes, the OneDrive app almost can do it, just looking for something more complete like AutoSync for OneDrive in iOS environment which I'm not familiar with.

Google Photos is free (unlimited storage, 16 megapixels and videos up to 1080p resolution) so you do not need to delete.

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Google Photos is free (unlimited storage, 16 megapixels and videos up to 1080p resolution) so you do not need to delete.
Thanks.

If i delete a photo on iphone, will it slso delete in google photo as well?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
No it will not delete in Google Photos.
Thanks. Same as Onedrive.

Looks like Apple disallow any app to perform bi-directional sync between phone and cloud. Thus, could not find any app snd force users to iCloud instead.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Same as Onedrive.

Looks like Apple disallow any app to perform bi-directional sync between phone and cloud. Thus, could not find any app snd force users to iCloud instead.

Actually I do not see the use case for two way sync when you have unlimited storage as in the case of Google Photos.

We have Google Photos on iPhones, iPads and Android phones, all will be backed up to Google Photos. The local files can be deleted. All will see the same superset from Google Photos.

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually I do not see the use case for two way sync when you have unlimited storage as in the case of Google Photos.

We have Google Photos on iPhones, iPads and Android phones, all will be backed up to Google Photos. The local files can be deleted. All will see the same superset from Google Photos.
More of a case where a lot of junk in there. So easy to clear on the phone. So when sync with new phone, junk wont come back in again.

In "Autosync for OneDrive" for Android, this is term as "mirror sync".

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More of a case where a lot of junk in there. So easy to clear on the phone. So when sync with new phone, junk wont come back in again.

In "Autosync for OneDrive" for Android, this is term as "mirror sync".

I see. You have a point as well.

I am very scared of mirror sync myself because I prefer to have more junks than to accidentally deleting stuff.

Still you may want to look at Google Photos. Along with iCloud, both are great in terms of photos organization. So you do not really worry too much about some junks. Only problem is that now I am stuck with Google Photos as I am reluctant to pay for iCloud as of now.

One Drive is not as good as a photo organization app compared to the other two.

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
I see. You have a point as well.

I am very scared of mirror sync myself because I prefer to have more junks than to accidentally deleting stuff.

Still you may want to look at Google Photos. Along with iCloud, both are great in terms of photos organization. So you do not really worry too much about some junks. Only problem is that now I am stuck with Google Photos as I am reluctant to pay for iCloud as of now.

One Drive is not as good as a photo organization app compared to the other two.
Ya. One drive more for storing files.

yotoden

Reaction score
Dropbox? Easy to use also. As compare to OneDrive, Dropbox is easier to use.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dropbox? Easy to use also. As compare to OneDrive, Dropbox is easier to use.

No point to use Dropbox if purely for iOS because it is more expensive than iCloud.

Dropbox Plus : US$9.99 per month for 2TB (need to pay yearly to get this price, else US$11.99 if pay monthly).

iCloud: S$12.98 per month for 2TB. You also got options for lower tier like 50GB (S$1.28 monthly) and 200GB (S$3.98 monthly).

Google Photos: free and unlimited storage

Last edited:

cet87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I delete a photo on phone, it will also delete the one stored in iCloud?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.