HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple HomePod

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2019, 02:07 PM   #1

Apple HomePod

In Singapore, we have Apple Orchard Road and jewel Changi and also 3rd Apple store might be landing in MBS. Why we still unable to purchase HomePod in Singapore Apple store?!?! Can any1 explain?
SESE75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

It’s not out in Singapore.
HomePod have been there since last yeae
Old 10-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #3

Itís not out in Singapore.
HomePod have been there since last yeae
Exactly, even HK and Taiwan also have it in their Apple store or online, just wonder why not in Singapore?
SESE75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:27 PM   #4
Master Member

Very simple. Apple has not chosen to release the HomePod in Singapore for all sorts of reason but I guess it's manily due to Siri.

Anyway, I have 2 HomePods and paired them up for stereo effect. They sound fantastic!
Old 17-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #5

Maybe because of low take up rate with Apple Music in SG as compare to HK and TW so they choose to release in region with higher apple music user.

I remember the homepod best work with apple music. Other music like kKBOX and Spotify would need to play via Airplay2.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #6

Very simple. Apple has not chosen to release the HomePod in Singapore for all sorts of reason but I guess it's manily due to Siri.

Anyway, I have 2 HomePods and paired them up for stereo effect. They sound fantastic!
Can AirPlay any source of sound from iPhone to homepod? Or it is just limited to apple music etc.?
hereiam7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 11:27 PM   #7
Master Member

Can AirPlay any source of sound from iPhone to homepod? Or it is just limited to apple music etc.?
Any app that support AirPlay 2 will be able to play from the HomePod but you’ll have to change the music from the phone and not through Siri. Siri on the HomePod is locked to Apple Music natively.

However, Apple is working with Spotify to integrate Spotify into the HomePod.
Old 19-08-2019, 04:34 PM   #8

Siri (Singapore) isn't ported to HomePod I suppose.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.