Bye Apple

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
OP, outta curiosity, whats the purpose of you posting this ah? just curious, not trying to stir anything up.

jackyfoo80

Reaction score
OP, outta curiosity, whats the purpose of you posting this ah? just curious, not trying to stir anything up.

Well from the way i sees it, is he just wanna rant on the high price of the phone which i guess most of us also agreed on. And maybe he might or might not step out or step in the apple circle.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
If you compare apple with apple, Xs is S$1 more expensive than X. You could wait one yr later when 2019 iphone are launch and purchase Xs, as the price will drop by a lot. Fact is, Apple SoC is way ahead of other competitors like samsung/huawei/QC so you do not need to worry about your iphone been slow after one yr. You can get a iphone X for around 1.1K to 1.2K now and still be able to last thru all the way to >2020 with this phone.

XS max is on another level, if X is already so expensive, it's logical that a bigger version will cost more. More eventually the price will drop, after one yr, if you can wait.

kmkimlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll give ios12 a try on my 7+ and see how it goes...

Just use it.. take advantage of the battery replacement program to give your old phone anther 2 years of life.

To be frank, I asked my wife to go note 9 while I took over her phone 7. I am using both iPhone 7 n 7 plus now. iOS 12 is smooth on 7plus, but it feel smoother on 7.

jackyfoo80

Reaction score
I'm also curious what is the purpose of your post, not to say u are really trying to stir things up :)

Relax brother, lets just all have a fruitful discussion on the product itself and yeah in a healthy way man

jetblack

Banned
Reaction score
Earlier it was reported that Apple intentionally reduces iPhones' speed. Does iOS 12 fix that? Or do I need to change the battery? My 7+ is still holding up iOS 10.3.3 which is still quite smooth.

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
If i read correctly, ios 12 will give u the option to for performance or battery mode.

iCube00

Banned
Reaction score
me too, been using since ip4, 3rd iphone now but changing to android next renewal :|

bye apple, you have just lost another customer

kmkimlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earlier it was reported that Apple intentionally reduces iPhones' speed. Does iOS 12 fix that? Or do I need to change the battery? My 7+ is still holding up iOS 10.3.3 which is still quite smooth.

My post answered your question already

PetPet

Reaction score
If i read correctly, ios 12 will give u the option to for performance or battery mode.

Nope. It’s similar to how it works on iOS 11.

users can see if the performance management feature that dynamically manages maximum performance to prevent unexpected shutdowns is on and can choose to turn it off. This feature is enabled only after an unexpected shutdown first occurs on a device with a battery that has diminished ability to deliver maximum instantaneous power.

Reaction score
I guess it's personal preference, for me if I money to buy rolex or apple watch, I will still buy apple watch.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

They dropped it to prevent your device from shutting down unexpectedly due to lack of power from worn out batteries. iOS 11 has it fixed but once your device shuts down due to that fault. It will throttle the cpu to prevent it from happening till you disable the throttle

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
My X is on 99% charge do u think Apple will allow me to change battery?

Just use it.. take advantage of the battery replacement program to give your old phone anther 2 years of life.

To be frank, I asked my wife to go note 9 while I took over her phone 7. I am using both iPhone 7 n 7 plus now. iOS 12 is smooth on 7plus, but it feel smoother on 7.

derkaiser94

Reaction score
My X is on 99% charge do u think Apple will allow me to change battery?

why wouldn't they if you are willing to pay them the replacement fees? the question is do you really need to change when its on 99% charge?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.