HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bye Apple

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2018, 04:32 PM   #46

Thats because you havent tried the iOS 12 on iPhone 7+

Another thing to note is android phones always feel buttery smooth at the start nowadays but who is to say 2-3 years later it will be the same? I am pretty sure 2-3 years later iPhone will still give you a more enjoyable experience. Ask anyone if they still using their S7 anot.
IP7 running IOS 11 here. no lag at all so far. But will still upgrade since contract is up.
derkaiser94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #47

Can share how much slower? Can we actually feel it?

Can Z2 upgrade the latest Android? Is it still snappy?

My previous Android experience no good, so moved to IOS since 6s.

But I donít hate Neither Android Nor IOS.

Happy with IOS UX experience, no need to Huan Lor.
Want to enjoy the full smoothness of android, just go for the google pixel.

iOS is just more snappy imho.

Hello Captain Obvious, when is your movie coming out???
ragnarok95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 08:45 PM   #48

I am still using my iphone 6s plus with new changed battery....and it is still very usable...too bad it lacks portrait mode....but is too ex to change another iphone too as am contract-free.

Don’t ask me go andriod, me use till fed-up with all the nice features that are too advance for me...
knightskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 09:41 PM   #49
High Supremacy Member

Just use it.. take advantage of the battery replacement program to give your old phone anther 2 years of life.

To be frank, I asked my wife to go note 9 while I took over her phone 7. I am using both iPhone 7 n 7 plus now. iOS 12 is smooth on 7plus, but it feel smoother on 7.
Dam bad, ask your wife to go to the new phone, Note 9 and you use a older phone, BUT the older phone is the better one.
Old 17-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #50
Arch-Supremacy Member

Its a demand n supply game. If this yr demand dropped,then next rd they will b reasonable because they need to win more customers . However if demand is so gd then next yr price will b much higher.
I don't think they play by demand and supply. Essentially, they raise prices citing increase in price of components. True to some extent, but it is also to counter the decrease in sales as high end mobile phone market is reaching a saturation point. This also explains why Apple had to cut production twice in the lifetime of iPhone X. So as demand wanes, they can only keep announcing record profit by means of increase prices. But this tactic will work because they have die hard fans. Even loyal fans are starting to feel it is not worth it.

My guess anyway is that most people will end up with the Xr, and those willing to splurge will end up with the Max. The X in the middle is likely going to be the worst selling since it is nothing new as compared to the older iPhone X.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #51
Supremacy Member

Not trying to make this into another iOS vs Android or Apple vs The World thread but to be honest, as long as I can remember, the iPhone has always been set at a price point that sets it apart from the other phones in the market. The iPhone 3G was much more expensive than the BB Bold. But if you are buying an iPhone, you are not only buying a smartphone but you are buying the experience of Apple's excellent ecosystem as you might already know.

Secondly, the prices of smartphones are only going to go north. We might sit and complain about the ridiculous pricing of the XS and XS Max but a year from now you might see other companies raising the price of their flagships too. They will most likely cost cheaper than the iOS counterpart due to the above mentioned reason.

The increase price of phones now is not Apple's problem. It's the problem of the smartphone industry. One Plus tried tackling the problem few years back but even now the prices of their phones are not exactly 'flagship killer' are they?
Jirachi likes this.

Last edited by metamofia89; 17-09-2018 at 10:18 PM..
metamofia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 10:03 PM   #52
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am still using my iphone 6s plus with new changed battery....and it is still very usable...too bad it lacks portrait mode....but is too ex to change another iphone too as am contract-free.

Donít ask me go andriod, me use till fed-up with all the nice features that are too advance for me...
I actually don't find the portrait mode that great. It is just very gimmicky, and personally I don't like to use it. 6S is still good enough from my perspective.
Old 17-09-2018, 10:24 PM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not trying to make this into another iOS vs Android or Apple vs The World thread but to be honest, as long as I can remember, the iPhone has always been set at a price point that sets it apart from the other phones in the market. The iPhone 3G was much more expensive than the BB Bold. But if you are buying an iPhone, you are not only buying a smartphone but you are buying the experience of the Apple's excellent ecosystem as you might already know.

Secondly, the prices of smartphones are only going to go north. We might sit and complain about the ridiculous pricing of the XS and XS Max but a year from now you might see other companies raising the price of their flagships too. They will most likely cost cheaper than the iOS counterpart due to the above mentioned reason.

The increase price of phones now is not Apple's problem. It's the problem of the smartphone industry. One Plus tried tackling the problem few years back but even now the prices of their phones are not exactly 'flagship killer' are they?
Excellent ecosystem, I mostly agree. But on the flipside, this is also the main reason why they can get away with a "courageous" removal of features and hefty increase in price.

iPhone 3G cost a lot more than a BB Bold is true but not a good comparison since BB Bold cannot really do as well as an iPhone where the touch screen and the app store is the main killer features. Plus, the BB mobile phone plans was also quite costly by itself.

While it also true that there is inflation that we need to take into consideration, and other smartphone makers are also following the trend. I feel some of them like Samsung is just following since there is a courageous leader willing to take the risk of increasing the price steeply. Samsung however still kept the options to take steep price cuts over time and big phone subsidy.

Taking an example of a mid tier mobile plan that cost between 60 to 70 bucks,
- You can probably find a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 512GB around 750 bucks, while equipment only cost 1728 (quoted from M1) - Subsidy = 978 or 57% of equipment price.
- Similar plan with iPhone XS 512GB (not Max) is 1350, while equipment only cost 2199 (source from HWZ) - Subsidy = 849 or 39% of equipment price.

At the end of the day, I suspect most people buying will end up with the more affordable 256GB. I agree with the TS that this is becoming too much to stomach. Even though I can afford it, I don't find it worth paying this much for a phone which I use to take some pictures, making phone calls, texting people and surfing net. The price of the iPhone XS Max is more than 2 time of what I paid for a new iPad Pro 10.5 512GB Wifi only since I paid only 1127 bucks for it brand new.
Old 17-09-2018, 10:45 PM   #54

No I will not get the XR, how can I downgrade from dual cameras to 1 camera, it just doesn't make sense. XR also portrays as a kiddo phone, a class like 5C, which imo not very good for professional business image esp when you need to meet clients.

My guess anyway is that most people will end up with the Xr, and those willing to splurge will end up with the Max. The X in the middle is likely going to be the worst selling since it is nothing new as compared to the older iPhone X.
jetblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #55
Supremacy Member

Excellent ecosystem, I mostly agree. But on the flipside, this is also the main reason why they can get away with a "courageous" removal of features and hefty increase in price.

iPhone 3G cost a lot more than a BB Bold is true but not a good comparison since BB Bold cannot really do as well as an iPhone where the touch screen and the app store is the main killer features. Plus, the BB mobile phone plans was also quite costly by itself.

While it also true that there is inflation that we need to take into consideration, and other smartphone makers are also following the trend. I feel some of them like Samsung is just following since there is a courageous leader willing to take the risk of increasing the price steeply. Samsung however still kept the options to take steep price cuts over time and big phone subsidy.

Taking an example of a mid tier mobile plan that cost between 60 to 70 bucks,
- You can probably find a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 512GB around 750 bucks, while equipment only cost 1728 (quoted from M1) - Subsidy = 978 or 57% of equipment price.
- Similar plan with iPhone XS 512GB (not Max) is 1350, while equipment only cost 2199 (source from HWZ) - Subsidy = 849 or 39% of equipment price.

At the end of the day, I suspect most people buying will end up with the more affordable 256GB. I agree with the TS that this is becoming too much to stomach. Even though I can afford it, I don't find it worth paying this much for a phone which I use to take some pictures, making phone calls, texting people and surfing net. The price of the iPhone XS Max is more than 2 time of what I paid for a new iPad Pro 10.5 512GB Wifi only since I paid only 1127 bucks for it brand new.
It's all about perception. I'm pretty sure one of the reason Apple's devices are so costly because it gives the consumers the perception that they are owning a phone of elite status. The marketing, the ads, the 1001 tips and tricks to take excellent photos to push the camera features all adds up to the costing of the XS/XS Max.

At the end of the day, only we can make the decision to buy or to skip the latest phones. Some people would think that a GB increment in the RAM department is a justifiable upgrade. Some might not. In my eyes, we still win because of the excellent iOS support older devices get after 2-3 years post-launch. iOS 12 will usher this experience across all the eligible devices. I think Apple is genuinely giving us a choice and we do have a choice to upgrade or to pass the opportunity and wait out another year or two while maintaining the Apple/iOS experience at top level.
Jirachi likes this.

Last edited by metamofia89; 17-09-2018 at 10:57 PM..
metamofia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 11:28 PM   #56
High Supremacy Member

It's all about perception. I'm pretty sure one of the reason Apple's devices are so costly because it gives the consumers the perception that they are owning a phone of elite status. The marketing, the ads, the 1001 tips and tricks to take excellent photos to push the camera features all adds up to the costing of the XS/XS Max.

At the end of the day, only we can make the decision to buy or to skip the latest phones. Some people would think that a GB increment in the RAM department is a justifiable upgrade. Some might not. In my eyes, we still win because of the excellent iOS support older devices get after 2-3 years post-launch. iOS 12 will usher this experience across all the eligible devices. I think Apple is genuinely giving us a choice and we do have a choice to upgrade or to pass the opportunity and wait out another year or two while maintaining the Apple/iOS experience at top level.
Would love to add on to this.

If Apple is supporting phones as far as 5 years ago on their latest iOS software, I do not understand how people feel that Apple is forcing every user to upgrade every year with the hefty price.
Old 17-09-2018, 11:57 PM   #57
Supremacy Member

You are not the only one skipping ts.
I skipped the x also.
And waiting to hook xs. Now I saw the price and I skip also. Same mindset as you . Moving to android.

Not because cannot afford. A phone don’t really worth this much I think.

I cannot find myself a convincing reason to buy an new iphone .

Whereby Huawei got a better camera and battery life. Which is way cheaper
chenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 12:01 AM   #58
Master Member

In the past we aalways do a hard reset after a major update why is it now we do not need to?
Old 18-09-2018, 12:11 AM   #59
High Supremacy Member

Been a Apple user since beginning.

When i bought 7+ at 1488, i already felt a tinge of discomfort because it's even more expensive than my macbook air.

X came out, $1888, felt that it's crazy so I give it a skip. Saw pple say apple too ex and may reduce price, so wait 1 more year.

Now XS Max $2349, almost 1k more than my 7+, felt it's way too much. Not that I can't afford, just felt a phone that will be absolete in 2 yrs should not cost this much.

I don't want to chase this anymore. I'd reserve the budget for my next rolex.

good choice as rolex value if u buy the correct model u can wear it and still earn lots of profit... Apple made good products but they are selling their goods as if they are make from gold.. .. thats why one coy selling cheap and value for money .. their ceo said he cant make himself to do it like Apple from profiting so much from their users....But Apple doing this is to differentiate themselves from others .. whether it will work or not.. lets see..i know there are many rich isheeps ard..
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 12:25 AM   #60
Supremacy Member

In the past we aalways do a hard reset after a major update why is it now we do not need to?
Hmm I remember someone telling me not to do any hard/soft reset when the phone just updated to a latest OS/OS patch because it might interfere with the background indexing of the data. Not sure if it's true or not.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.