Charging issues with iphone 8+

hittoxlj

Reaction score
Anybody experience iphone charge for 5-10mins and stop charging regardless of what % is it at? I'm using original iphone charger and cable. thanks

tec_geek

Reaction score
Anybody experience iphone charge for 5-10mins and stop charging regardless of what % is it at? I'm using original iphone charger and cable. thanks

According to Apple’s Document that szeli has provided:

If your device stopped charging at 80 percent
“Your iPhone might get slightly warmer while it charges. To extend the lifespan of your battery, if the battery gets too warm, software might limit charging above 80 percent. Your iPhone will charge again when the temperature drops. Try moving your iPhone and charger to a cooler location.”

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score

sometimes plug out and plug in again. i guess the charging port suffered wear and tear

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
try turn off all apps in background.

last resort is put in areoplane mode.

If you have a phone and you need to turn off all the apps or put into airplane mode or both for it to charge, you better off throwing that phone away. Fact. :o

hittoxlj

Reaction score
If you have a phone and you need to turn off all the apps or put into airplane mode or both for it to charge, you better off throwing that phone away. Fact. :o

Hahaha true sia...

How come all your suggestions the Genius at Apple Orchard never tell me?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they have access to logs on yr phone. must have seen something we duno.

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erase and reset is a very generic solution provided by the service personnel. Probably they didn’t notice any hardware malfunction so by default they point it to the software. If you’re going to do a hard reset then I will suggest you go and extract and reinstall your firmware too.

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh by the way most of the bros here know more than the frontline Genius Bar/AASP personnnel. Their solutions and recommendations are strictly based on SOP

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Erase and reset is a very generic solution provided by the service personnel. Probably they didn’t notice any hardware malfunction so by default they point it to the software. If you’re going to do a hard reset then I will suggest you go and extract and reinstall your firmware too.

maybe easier for them to troubleshoot when its a factory default set.
but charging port easily plug in and out least once a day, wear and tear and loose connectors are common

Last edited:

hittoxlj

Reaction score
maybe easier for them to troubleshoot when its a factory default set.
but charging port easily plug in and out least once a day, wear and tear and loose connectors are common

but then wear and tear they shud build it to last more than a year of such action.

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but then wear and tear they shud build it to last more than a year of such action.

It depends how often you plug in and out the cable. Since the port also functions for wired lightning earphones. So technically the port lifespan is reduced by half.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
You might want to check if any of your settings are set to do heavy task like back up and sync while charging. This can extend to Apple iCloud back up.

Sometimes it can also be indexing your media like photos that cause it to be too warm or just uses more power than the small power brick that supplies it power. I'll only recommend leaving it plugged in to do it's needed work. There is no avoiding indexing even if you reset and restore eventually it will have to do it. Just leave it plugged in over night under WiFi network.

If you want to you can set background sync to WiFi only while keeping background on. This way on 4G it will not constantly pull or push data in the background.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.