www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The iPhone Chat Room (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/iphone-chat-room-240/)
-   -   Considering to switch to Samsung (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/iphone-chat-room-240/considering-switch-samsung-5901502.html)

battledome64 14-09-2018 01:23 PM

Considering to switch to Samsung
 
iPhone for the last 10 years and I think itís time to give up this nasty habit of buying apples.

1) how is android security
2) is it easy to switch?
3) I dreamt of using Note 9

charleslin 14-09-2018 01:26 PM

Security is mainly user issue, not that much of software.

Pretty easy to switch, in fact it's easier to switch around phones using Google services than Apple.

Try lo, nothing to lose, at most change back, it's not buying a house, anything can switch lol.

I would say it's a pretty ok time to try now, cause mid range phones from Android costing 50-70% of iPhone still performs close to 80% of iPhone so that is ok. (Not actual figures, but just an idea of how it is)

TrueBeliever_jh 14-09-2018 01:39 PM

Just do it.

it's your money.

no one knows how you use your phone. only you yourself knows.

Snoweagle 14-09-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battledome64 (Post 116499995)
iPhone for the last 10 years and I think it’s time to give up this nasty habit of buying apples.

1) how is android security
2) is it easy to switch?
3) I dreamt of using Note 9

Bought a Note9 on 31/08 and currently using it as a secondary phone to my iPhone X. Good phone and using android needs some time to get used to it.

My main is still Apple and I'll continue to buy iPhones.

yamakazi51 14-09-2018 01:48 PM

Stop revolving live around phone, beef up personal account securities with 2fas, donít jailbreak, donít install any suspicious 3rd party app outside the play store, you should be all set.

Kixon9 14-09-2018 01:54 PM

Though of switching to android too. paying over $2000 for a phone that lasts 2-3 years max just sounds exorbitant to me.

Can I still access my iCloud notes, calendar etc from an android phone?

Thesail61 14-09-2018 02:01 PM

Last couple of years most of my friends and colleagues went back to android (most went to Samsung). So far non has any regrets. I am one of the last few still using iPhone. I am keeping my iPhone 7 plus. Just sold my iPhone X (stiff prefer the touch ID). If apple is not coming back with touch ID, I will move to android once the 7 plus kapu.

TrueBeliever_jh 14-09-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thesail61 (Post 116500610)
Last couple of years most of my friends and colleagues went back to android (most went to Samsung). So far non has any regrets. I am one of the last few still using iPhone. I am keeping my iPhone 7 plus. Just sold my iPhone X (stiff prefer the touch ID). If apple is not coming back with touch ID, I will move to android once the 7 plus kapu.

please go.

TouchID is not coming back. you can get it back from their latest Macbook Pro.

battledome64 14-09-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBeliever_jh (Post 116500633)
please go.

TouchID is not coming back. you can get it back from their latest Macbook Pro.

Are you staying with Apple?

I feel Our Apple gang gonna be separated. Ie ex-Apple gang as the price is too exhorbitant

TrueBeliever_jh 14-09-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battledome64 (Post 116500747)
Are you staying with Apple?

I feel Our Apple gang gonna be separated. Ie ex-Apple gang as the price is too exhorbitant

there's always iPhone 7/8/Xr unless you always want/need the latest or greatest.
there's a product for every price point.

if Xs/Xs Max is considered too expensive, perhaps you are not their target audience?

Asure7 14-09-2018 03:05 PM

very easy to switch...
I switched fr iPhone to Samsung... and back to iPhone again.

Security-wise... Apple still better at that.
Actually just one aspect. If u lose your Android phone, regardless of password etc... the thief can easily bypass by flashing firmware.
You can't do that with iPhone w/o the Apple ID/pass that was used to set up the phone previously.
Maybe phones that ships with new Android version has that addressed... (i don't know)

Zaalaa 14-09-2018 03:07 PM

money no issue. but people laugh at me... make me feel stupid...

i'm leaving apple too.

TrueBeliever_jh 14-09-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaalaa (Post 116501604)
money no issue. but people laugh at me... make me feel stupid...

i'm leaving apple too.

your purchase decisions/needs are dictated by other people?

nice.

Zaalaa 14-09-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBeliever_jh (Post 116501636)
your purchase decisions/needs are dictated by other people?

nice.

yes. :o

i read reviews.. or am i the only one who read rebiews?

TrueBeliever_jh 14-09-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaalaa (Post 116501675)
yes. :o

i read reviews.. or am i the only one who read rebiews?

end of the day, it's still your wallet. your choice.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.