Everything about the iPhone X

Like Tree346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2018, 07:31 PM   #3706
Master Member

Just use the one in apple settings ba
RocketBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 07:54 PM   #3707

Have? I’m still on 11.2 which I do not see any that will inform me on the wear and tear percentage.
11.4 have?

Just use the one in apple settings ba
hawkz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 11:34 PM   #3708

Have? I’m still on 11.2 which I do not see any that will inform me on the wear and tear percentage.
11.4 have?
Yes. 11.3 was the update that Apple brought in Battery Health (Beta).
argentinafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 12:31 AM   #3709

11.4 have?
You need to be on 11.3. It should also bring some performance boost provided your battery can handle it.

iOS 11.3 improves this performance management feature by periodically assessing the level of performance management necessary to avoid unexpected shutdowns. If the battery health is able to support the observed peak power requirements, the amount of performance management will be lowered. If an unexpected shutdown occurs again, then performance management will increase. This assessment is ongoing, allowing more adaptive performance management.

Peak performance capability is the ability of your iPhone's battery to supply adequate charge even in the face of highly demanding tasks, up to and including those that cause power spikes.

Apple shows the following messages in Battery Health, depending on your iPhone's capability to handle apps at peak performance:

100%: Your battery is currently supporting normal peak performance.
95%: This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. Performance management has been applied to help prevent this from happening again. Disable…
79% or less: Your battery's health is significantly degraded. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can replace the battery to restore full performance and capacity. More about service options…
Unknown: This iPhone is unable to determine battery health. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can service the battery. More about service options…

If you disable performance management, you'll see the following message:
"This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. You have manually disabled performance management protections."

deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 09:04 AM   #3710
Arch-Supremacy Member

Excellent read!
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #3711
Great Supremacy Member

You need to be on 11.3. It should also bring some performance boost provided your battery can handle it.

iOS 11.3 improves this performance management feature by periodically assessing the level of performance management necessary to avoid unexpected shutdowns. If the battery health is able to support the observed peak power requirements, the amount of performance management will be lowered. If an unexpected shutdown occurs again, then performance management will increase. This assessment is ongoing, allowing more adaptive performance management.

Peak performance capability is the ability of your iPhone's battery to supply adequate charge even in the face of highly demanding tasks, up to and including those that cause power spikes.

Apple shows the following messages in Battery Health, depending on your iPhone's capability to handle apps at peak performance:

100%: Your battery is currently supporting normal peak performance.
95%: This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. Performance management has been applied to help prevent this from happening again. Disable…
79% or less: Your battery's health is significantly degraded. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can replace the battery to restore full performance and capacity. More about service options…
Unknown: This iPhone is unable to determine battery health. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can service the battery. More about service options…

If you disable performance management, you'll see the following message:
"This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. You have manually disabled performance management protections."

Mine is 94% but description is the same as 100% 0.0
Kyubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #3712
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is in beta for a reason..

Old 14-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #3713

Likely cause it has not experienced an unexpected shutdown.
The iPhone 8 and X should be able to deliver better and more peak power than the older devices. So until the unexpected shut down happens you can still reach peak performance

Last edited by deathst; 14-06-2018 at 06:34 PM..
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 08:04 PM   #3714
nez
Supremacy Member

Just use it normally
Mine still 100% , bought on 1st day of launch.
At home using wireless and fast charging.
Office fast charging
On the move wireless charging .

So I concur that what is use for charging is not a factor at all.
What is the % according to Apple settings? That would be a better gauge.
nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 08:16 PM   #3715

Updated to 11.4 and the percentage is 97% base on Apple setting. Which is still considering good ba.

What is the % according to Apple settings? That would be a better gauge.
hawkz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 02:17 PM   #3716

I am using iOS 11.4.1 B2 with Carrier Update 32.1 and for Starhub users we have Voice over WiFi (VoWiFi) enabled already.

Src: http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobi...over-wifi.html

Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #3717

Apple has officially included Wi-Fi calling for M1 and Starhub under their carriers list.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 07:08 PM   #3718
nez
Supremacy Member

Updated to 11.4 and the percentage is 97% base on Apple setting. Which is still considering good ba.
I guess ok. Not sure in future if “battery %” will be one of the criteria for selling of the phone.
nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 07:19 PM   #3719

But yet M1 still dont have info how it works. Zzz

Apple has officially included Wi-Fi calling for M1 and Starhub under their carriers list.
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 05:35 PM   #3720

The UOB app finally gets updated for the iPhone X screen.

UOB Mighty Singapore by United Overseas Bank Limited Co.
https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/uob-...049286296?mt=8

tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.