HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HELP iphone stuck at recovery mode

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2019, 12:42 AM   #1

HELP iphone stuck at recovery mode

Hi guys, appreciate some help/advice here..

So basically, I was trying to backup my iPhone 7 to my computer. However, either due to the cable being faulty or my phone having too little storage space left (about few hundred MB), the backup on iTunes failed.

I plugged out the cable and tried to use my phone but it got a bit weird (deleting photos from my photo album went to white images instead of them being deleted).. so I went to restart my phone and it got stuck at apple logo

So I tried several online methods to solve this and ended up in recovery mode/DFU mode (screen showing iTunes logo and cable)...

Is there any way to keep any data on my phone (photos, etc) bcos I couldnt find a way to do it.. most places say that the only way is to wipe my phone and restore it...
mnest18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 02:13 AM   #2

Hi guys, appreciate some help/advice here..

So basically, I was trying to backup my iPhone 7 to my computer. However, either due to the cable being faulty or my phone having too little storage space left (about few hundred MB), the backup on iTunes failed.

I plugged out the cable and tried to use my phone but it got a bit weird (deleting photos from my photo album went to white images instead of them being deleted).. so I went to restart my phone and it got stuck at apple logo

So I tried several online methods to solve this and ended up in recovery mode/DFU mode (screen showing iTunes logo and cable)...

Is there any way to keep any data on my phone (photos, etc) bcos I couldnt find a way to do it.. most places say that the only way is to wipe my phone and restore it...
Anyways, when I try to plug it to iTunes and select the update option (to keep the data), error 14 comes out when updating the iOS. Is it bcos my phone does not have enough space but I can't do anything about it
Old 14-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

have u tried a different cable/USB port?

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT204770#usb

Last edited by szeli; 14-05-2019 at 09:49 AM..
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #4

yep, i have tried a diff cable. i think now the problem is not the wire, is my phone thats somehow screwed in iOS or something.

i tried to update on itunes but cant

is there any way i can fix the error? i suspect is either my software is corrupted already or there isn't enough space to update the iOS (my phone had about few hundred MB space left before this) but i cant free up space in my phone now since its stuck
Old 14-05-2019, 07:36 PM   #5

Maybe the Apple Store at Orchard? idk, give it a try and see what they say.
Old 14-05-2019, 09:14 PM   #6

Try different USB port or Computer maybe, also different Apple ORIGINAL lightning cables, update iTunes software, any luck?
yotoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #7

Try different USB port or Computer maybe, also different Apple ORIGINAL lightning cables, update iTunes software, any luck?
yeah tried all already, anyways went to sim lim square and just showed them the screen and they said wouldnt be possible to retain the data inside

i guess there's no other way except to restore it? damn sian all my photos inside later gone
Old 15-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah tried all already, anyways went to sim lim square and just showed them the screen and they said wouldnt be possible to retain the data inside

i guess there's no other way except to restore it? damn sian all my photos inside later gone
u tried  Store also?
Old 15-05-2019, 05:58 PM   #9
Master Member

Go download ReiBoot and give it a try. Might help you
Old 15-05-2019, 08:46 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do you do regular backups on iCloud? If you do, then it’s nothing to worry about because all data, apps & photos will be on iCloud so even if you need to erase all data from your phone, they are still on iCloud & can be easily restored.
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 09:45 PM   #11

Do you do regular backups on iCloud? If you do, then itís nothing to worry about because all data, apps & photos will be on iCloud so even if you need to erase all data from your phone, they are still on iCloud & can be easily restored.
unfortunately, i didnt backup on iCloud, which turns out to be a painful lesson..

guess I'll do that from now on

still trying everything i can to salvage my data though...
Old 15-05-2019, 09:48 PM   #12
Master Member

unfortunately, i didnt backup on iCloud, which turns out to be a painful lesson..

guess I'll do that from now on

still trying everything i can to salvage my data though...
Have you tried ReiBoot?
Old 15-05-2019, 11:05 PM   #13

Have you tried ReiBoot?
the full version requires me to pay though

previously i have paid for dr.fone which had almost the same purpose but it didnt work so im afraid to pay for something that wouldnt work again

anyway dont these paid programme serve the same purpose as itunes?
with update/ restore options similar to itunes
Old 15-05-2019, 11:33 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

what about going to  Store to get help?
Old 16-05-2019, 10:18 AM   #15
Master Member

the full version requires me to pay though

previously i have paid for dr.fone which had almost the same purpose but it didnt work so im afraid to pay for something that wouldnt work again

anyway dont these paid programme serve the same purpose as itunes?
with update/ restore options similar to itunes
You can use the restore from DFU mode with the free version.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.