iOS 11.3 — Public Beta Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m on iOS 11.3 Beta 1. Very smooth on the iPhone X. That aside, iMessage iCloud sync is back. Glad to have it back.

There are more features being added to it.

And for developers, ARKit is now 1.5 and brings more range of features. I’ve not tested it yet but I think I’m going to upgrade my existing AR app to play around with new vertical plane detection.

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
icloud message is what? same as imessage?

I think it's iMessage sync.

So all your device can see the full msges log.

If not currently is the msg go to phone, your iPad or MBP won't get it, so it's troublesome to keep a track of it and sometimes they say you will miss msgs because it can go into any of the Apple devices.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
icloud message is what? same as imessage?

It is iMessage except it is now Encrypted and sent to iCloud Servers to be synced across your devices. So if you delete a message or conversation on an Mac. It will reflect the same on your iPhone and iPads. iMessages will also come into all devices faster or even together whereas the last time usually your phone gets it first then the rest.

Since it is stored on iCloud, new devices can download all previous history PROVIDED you are signed in properly into iCloud for de-encryption.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That being said, I wonder if Apple has access to the contents of the messages?

It is iMessage except it is now Encrypted and sent to iCloud Servers to be synced across your devices. So if you delete a message or conversation on an Mac. It will reflect the same on your iPhone and iPads. iMessages will also come into all devices faster or even together whereas the last time usually your phone gets it first then the rest.

Since it is stored on iCloud, new devices can download all previous history PROVIDED you are signed in properly into iCloud for de-encryption.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
What makes you think that Whatsapp/Telegram/Facebook messenger etc etc have no access to the contents of all messages? 😉

Not sure about FB messenger but for whatsapp and telegram, No, they can't access.

HOWEVER, a hacker can. :)

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FINALLY can sort AppStore reviews in iOS 11.3
long time coming :s22:

ios-11-review-sort.jpg

tribalhere

Reaction score
wanna update on my primary device but wanna know is there any issue like battery drain......etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.