HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPhone 12 pro max

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2020, 05:43 PM   #151

12PM naked is exact same size as my 11PM with spigen casing on.

12P phone size is just nice for me but after using large screen so long i doubt i can get used to smaller screen. Also im quite clumsy so unlike IP4 or 5 which i could safely use with one hand, chances are i will still use two hands with 12P. And if gonna use 2 hands then might as well get 12PM.

Only time i find the large phone size a nuisance is when im wearing jeans cos pockets are smaller & jeans are tighter. Once seated, impossible to take phone out of pocket without standing up. Office pants still ok.

Im just hoping apple releases flip phone like Galaxy Flip Z. It folds so small enough for pocket but opens to full size phone.

Last edited by Singrish; 21-11-2020 at 05:49 PM..
Singrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 11:05 PM   #152
Arch-Supremacy Member

Here're my 11 Pro Max and 12 Pro Max in comparison. The 12 Pro Max is slightly taller. Both phones are in Apple's leather cases.

Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 11:39 PM   #153

Next yr when i get the 12PM, it will be a hard decision for me to make between the apple leather case or the Nomad leather case.
Old 22-11-2020, 02:39 AM   #154

apple warranty only starts when you activate the iPhone. delivery to popstation doesn't start the phone warranty. never turn on iPhone to activate = warranty not started.
To activate need WiFi or 4g. Not possible to skip the activation process for a brand new phone? Sorry forgot whatís the sequence lol
sansanjikikut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 02:40 AM   #155

Regardless of collection at pop station or delivery are all BN sealed
Yea except for buying at telco shop where they need to open it, cannot ask for sealed anymore
sansanjikikut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 10:26 AM   #156
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi is there any significant issue with using a PD power bank to charge your ip pro max instead of power adapter ? Sometimes when Iím outside I have to charge this way.
Matrock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #157

Hi is there any significant issue with using a PD power bank to charge your ip pro max instead of power adapter ? Sometimes when Iím outside I have to charge this way.
Why will have issue leh ?
coolhirako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 11:00 AM   #158

Nope. Why should it have? When you need to charge, you need to charge. A phone is suppose to make your life easier, not for you to worry about this and that.
Old 22-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #159

Next yr when i get the 12PM, it will be a hard decision for me to make between the apple leather case or the Nomad leather case.
Are those premium leather case from China really that bad? I am not referring to those cheap and fake leather case. There are many good quality genuine leather too.. my iPad Pro is currently using iCarer brand and it is very satisfying..
I am still waiting for AliExpress to ship ESR brand genuine leather case for my iPhone 12PM. Decided to give ESR a try, because I have tried their leather case for APP and like it so far.
EroNasubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 12:16 PM   #160
Supremacy Member

To activate need WiFi or 4g. Not possible to skip the activation process for a brand new phone? Sorry forgot whatís the sequence lol
both wifi and 4g also can. you need to activate to get to main screen and use the phone.
xDarkJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 12:21 PM   #161

Just curious where u get the idea of them been bad??
GWW was one of the preferred leather case here from iPhone 11 era.
China brand leather case are quite good and Iím using for my iPhone 12PM just it not MagSafe compatible.

Had used Nomad and Apple leather case , all have itís PROs and CONs just which one suit u better.

This time round it is all about MagSafe. A lot of premium brand u can see they are dropping their price to sell off the case and new version is MagSafe compatible.

Are those premium leather case from China really that bad? I am not referring to those cheap and fake leather case. There are many good quality genuine leather too.. my iPad Pro is currently using iCarer brand and it is very satisfying..
I am still waiting for AliExpress to ship ESR brand genuine leather case for my iPhone 12PM. Decided to give ESR a try, because I have tried their leather case for APP and like it so far.
hawkz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 12:44 PM   #162

Just curious where u get the idea of them been bad??
GWW was one of the preferred leather case here from iPhone 11 era.
China brand leather case are quite good and Iím using for my iPhone 12PM just it not MagSafe compatible.

Had used Nomad and Apple leather case , all have itís PROs and CONs just which one suit u better.

This time round it is all about MagSafe. A lot of premium brand u can see they are dropping their price to sell off the case and new version is MagSafe compatible.
Good point, I forgot about the MagSafe compatibility.
I skip 1st generation of MagSafe chargers. Read that their MagSafe Duo performed worse than the MagSafe. Hopefully Apple will perfect this next year. I am waiting for reliable MagSafe charger for iPhone, Watch and APP case..
EroNasubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 01:38 PM   #163
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks. I was just curious about the difference when u charge via power source vs a portable one.

Nope. Why should it have? When you need to charge, you need to charge. A phone is suppose to make your life easier, not for you to worry about this and that.
Matrock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 01:52 PM   #164
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow, I received 5G signal at Anchorvale area. Thought schedule is next year?

Last column should be 2021

tohchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 04:33 PM   #165
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'll wait for Singtel's market trial to be over first, then when it goes to commercial 5G then will subscribe.
tohchr likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.