HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPhone 12 pro max

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2020, 11:39 AM   #1

iPhone 12 pro max

Does anyone know is the max model on display already?
tribalhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:48 AM   #2

Does anyone know is the max model on display already?
From 13 Nov onwards
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #3

Am using 11 pro max, was wondering if its really worth changing to 12 pro max, did a comparision on the battery, seems 11 pro max have better battery then 12 pro max,
But love the blue and the camera of 12 pro max (night mode)

Posted from PCWX using whatever you think of lar, and Why so Serious when quoting me.
⁂JoKeR⁂ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:32 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

I change to 12 Pro from 11PM, battery wise definitely 11PM is better without 5G.

The blue is overrated. I got the blue and it is less blue than what I thought, a bit greenish IMO. Unless you absolutely need the camera, not much point to upgrade. I only change to get a smaller size

Am using 11 pro max, was wondering if its really worth changing to 12 pro max, did a comparision on the battery, seems 11 pro max have better battery then 12 pro max,

Posted from PCWX using whatever you think of lar, and Why so Serious when quoting me.
NeonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:36 PM   #5

i'll just give it a miss this yr. The only thing which attracts me probably is only the flat chassis but not worth the money.

Same notch size, no 120hz display, smaller battery and 5G gonna make it worse... it just doesnt fit..
duabuiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:42 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I値l only know how the batt will perform when I get mine Next Friday.

The 11 Pro Max have really outstanding batt life. Even if the 12 Pro Max have a little less, it wouldn稚 be significant and it値l still easily get me through the day.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:43 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

I change to 12 Pro from 11PM, battery wise definitely 11PM is better without 5G.

The blue is overrated. I got the blue and it is less blue than what I thought, a bit greenish IMO. Unless you absolutely need the camera, not much point to upgrade. I only change to get a smaller size

Previously I went to Apple Store to have a look at the pacific blue 12 Pro. The blue shade is very nice and don稚 seem at all greenish.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:44 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

i'll just give it a miss this yr. The only thing which attracts me probably is only the flat chassis but not worth the money.

Same notch size, no 120hz display, smaller battery and 5G gonna make it worse... it just doesnt fit..
sane here. only like the chassis because it resembles my first Apple product: iphone4. otherwise, i am happy with my 11pro max.
blacklotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 02:59 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

If the demo set for Iphone 12 Pro Max is available than should go try out because this is the only Iphone that has the Sensor-Shift Optical Stabilisation , something like the Vivo X50 Pro build-in gimbal OIS.
Norman Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:08 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

Currently using iPhone 11 Pro Max. Contemplating hard to change to iPhone 12 Pro Max. Anyone feeling same as me? This year like really minor changes.
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:31 PM   #11
Master Member

Currently using iPhone 11 Pro Max. Contemplating hard to change to iPhone 12 Pro Max. Anyone feeling same as me? This year like really minor changes.
I'm using 11 Pro Max too. Was also thinking of upgrading.

My main use is to shoot videos, lots of videos. From what I've seen, the 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max visual quality is very similar to the 11 Pros.

So the only factor that might actually matter is the sensor stabilisation on the 12 Pro Max, as it how stable is it compared to lens stabilisation. But seeing that the OIS is already really good on the 11 Pros, again, the sensor stablisation is not significantly better. I was already able to record handheld video with 11 Pro without much problem.

Doesn't make sense to sell my phone to make a $500-$700 loss to upgrade to something with marginal improvements.

Now I'm just thinking how I can make more YT videos with the phone.
Parka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

I'm using 11 Pro Max too. Was also thinking of upgrading.

My main use is to shoot videos, lots of videos. From what I've seen, the 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max visual quality is very similar to the 11 Pros.

So the only factor that might actually matter is the sensor stabilisation on the 12 Pro Max, as it how stable is it compared to lens stabilisation. But seeing that the OIS is already really good on the 11 Pros, again, the sensor stablisation is not significantly better. I was already able to record handheld video with 11 Pro without much problem.

Doesn't make sense to sell my phone to make a $500-$700 loss to upgrade to something with marginal improvements.

Now I'm just thinking how I can make more YT videos with the phone.
If you shoot a lot of videos, then you値l appreciate the 2.5x tele lens as well as the Bette enlightenment videography. Not forgetting you値l be getting the only camera in the world that shoot 4K Dolby Vision Live and edit on the fly.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:25 PM   #13

Iphone 12 max pro

Anyone getting this based on the camera?
headshotfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #14
Master Member

If you shoot a lot of videos, then you値l appreciate the 2.5x tele lens as well as the Bette enlightenment videography. Not forgetting you値l be getting the only camera in the world that shoot 4K Dolby Vision Live and edit on the fly.
2 vs 2.5x is a difference but not a significant difference. If a person has a 52mm lens, he's not going to sell it to get a 65mm lens unless it's a f/1.4 or faster lens.

Actually all the improved specs are nice. But the main features people want, Apple has gotten them in previous iphones already, namely being able to record videos handheld without shake, take photos without blur, no jelly effect with video.

There's only one thing Apple can do to make a significant improvement to videos, and that's to increase the bitrate that iPhones can record, basically to match the mirrorless camera.
Parka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 09:07 PM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

I always get the largest size so this is no exception. I didn't buy this just for the camera though.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.