iPhone Chinese Entertainment Apps

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW this morning I tried More TV 电视猫视频 and it does not seem to need VPN based on a quick test. YMMV. The VIP contents seem to include many Tencent Video contents.

http://www.moretv.com.cn/

Also available from Dangbei and Shafa market.

VIP 超级影视VIP
RMB 30 per month, RMB 88 for 3 month.
RMB 288 per year.

VIP also gives you Tencent Video VIP on PC/Tablet/Phone.

Last edited:

bumperbee

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am having issue installing plugins in Kodi 18.7. When installing from zip files, there is always missing of dependencies and I am unable to install them. Could someone please tell me how to install the following dependencies,
1.0 IC Drama
1.1 script.module.html5lib
1.2 script.module.beautifulsoup4
1.3 plugin.video.youtube
1.4 script.module.python.twitch
1.5 script.module.crytopy
1.6 plugin.video.gdrive

2.0 Git Browser
2.1 script.module.myconnpy

3.0 66Ys (kodi 18.8)
3.1 script.module.xbmcswift2
v1.1.1

Thank you

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am having issue installing plugins in Kodi 18.7. When installing from zip files, there is always missing of dependencies and I am unable to install them. Could someone please tell me how to install the following dependencies,
1.0 IC Drama
1.1 script.module.html5lib
1.2 script.module.beautifulsoup4
1.3 plugin.video.youtube
1.4 script.module.python.twitch
1.5 script.module.crytopy
1.6 plugin.video.gdrive

2.0 Git Browser
2.1 script.module.myconnpy

3.0 66Ys (kodi 18.8)
3.1 script.module.xbmcswift2
v1.1.1

Thank you

Probably you can start a new thread as this is out of topics. Thanks.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who can use WeChat Pay to pay for apps on Android phone, now there is a promotion for QQ Music, buy one year of VIP 绿钻豪华版 at RMB178 (less than S$36) and get one more year for free. S$36 for two years of VIP, that is really a good deal.

If you do not want to commit for long, there is also a deal to pay RMB45 for 6 months.

The VIP is usable for iOS, Android phone and Android TV box.

Songs collections are quite good with extensve Mandarin and Cantonese collection, and also quite some English, Korean and Japanese.

I have used it for a few years.

Last edited:

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who can use WeChat Pay to pay for apps on Android phone, now there is a promotion for QQ Music, buy one year of VIP 绿钻豪华版 at RMB178 (less than S$36) and get one more year for free. S$36 for two years of VIP, that is really a good deal.

If you do not want to commit for long, there is also a deal to pay RMB45 for 6 months.

The VIP is usable for iOS, Android phone and Android TV box.

Songs collections are quite good with extensve Mandarin and Cantonese collection, and also quite some English, Korean and Japanese.

I have used it for a few years.
Which app ah for ios
Isit need switch region

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which app ah for ios
Isit need switch region

Ah, they have removed the app from Singapore Apple App Store. So yes you have to switch region now. Only Xiami Music app is still available.

I am still using my iPhone 6S bought in 2015 as my backup phone (battery replaced in early 2019) and the QQ Music app still works on that phone.

I have VIP for both QQ Music and Xiami Music but I mainly use QQ Music.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This one is not exactly for iOS as the apps are mainly for Android mobile phone and TV box, just put it here as well. For iOS, you may have to switch to China region for the two apps not available.

Karaoke apps
WeSing 全民K歌 (available for iOS)
AngelSing 天籁K歌
ChangBa 唱吧

Duochang 多唱 (available for iOS), take note Duochang mobile version is only for their Karaoke system. Duochang TV version is independent of HW system.

全民K歌 WeSing
VIP for 12 months : RMB 240, or RMB 60 for 3 months, RMB 20 for 1 month.

唱吧 Changba
VIP for 12 month RMB 150, or RMB 20 per month.

天籁K歌 Angel Sing
VIP for 12 months : RMB 198, or RMB 30 for a month.

多唱 DuoChang
VIP for 12 month RMB99, or RMB 20 for one month

Tried a few apps on the Mi Box S and my Android TV box OEM S905X2 TX5 Max, it seems to me 唱吧 is the best. I am using the free version now but I may pay the VIP once my AngelSing VIP expires in three months time.

I have got three months of VIP for AngelSing天籁K歌 and one year VIP for DuoChang 多唱 (RMB99) on the TV box and they are not as good.

WeSing 全民K歌 now does not seem to support 原唱 so it is not good either even though it seems to have the best features and the best contents.

So it depends on what you need. If you need the best contents, probably QQ Music VIP may be the best followed by WeSing. Feature wise Changba seems to be the best but you may not be able to find some songs. This is especially true on the mobile phone side where Tencent probably assets its copyright more closely.

Just an example, I searched 情意结 by Priscilla Chan 陈慧娴 and there is no this song in Changba and AngelSing. Only WeSing and DuoChang have it.

BTW you may need to pay seperately for TV box and phone.

Last edited:

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qqmusic is on appstore Liao. No need change region.. isit this promo?

Btw those greyed out songs means need vip?

9PcbIbi.jpg

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qqmusic is on appstore Liao. No need change region.. isit this promo?

Btw those greyed out songs means need vip?

Yes this is the promotion.

For Greyed out songs, most likely it is because of VIP. But certain songs may still need VPN in order to download even after purchasing VIP. In that case, just use the free Transocks VPN.

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw For iOS how to pay?
Prompted to change to china region to pay. (Haven try)

Unlike xiami which can pay str away

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw For iOS how to pay?
Prompted to change to china region to pay. (Haven try)

Unlike xiami which can pay str away

In that case, you have to ask your friends with proper wechat pay to help. Or use third party service to pay. Previously it is possible to pay within Apple App Store.

I use my Android phone to pay with WeChat Wallet balance. Now it is more challenging to have proper WeChat Pay account since you need a mainland China bank account.

Last edited:

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In that case, you have to ask your friends with proper wechat pay to help. Or use third party service to pay. Previously it is possible to pay within Apple App Store.

I use my Android phone to pay with WeChat Wallet balance. Now it is more challenging to have proper WeChat Pay account since you need a mainland China bank account.

okay managed to get the 178yuan promo.

logged in qq music and wechat on my android phone.
clicked the promo then directed to wechat pay, pay with my CC in wechatpay

thanks again!

Btw so many different kind of membership insiew :s22: keep getting lost haha

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okay managed to get the 178yuan promo.

logged in qq music and wechat on my android phone. clicked the promo then directed to wechat pay, pay with my CC in wechatpay

thanks again!

Btw so many different kind of membership insiew :s22: keep getting lost haha

Glad to know that you can use Credit Card to pay for QQ Music VIP.

As for the membership types yes there are different types to cater for different needs. I agree it is a bit complicated for people who are not familiar.

https://y.qq.com/n2/m/myvip/v7/index.html?_hidehd=1&ref=302

Normally cheaper 付费音乐包 membership is fine for most users. But with the offer I will just go and pay the more expensive 绿钻豪华版. RMB178 for two years of QQ Music VIP is really worth the money (I paid RMB180 for two years last year which was a good deal as well) as you have access to a large library of songs in high quality.

One benefit -- the VIP is also good for QQ Music on Android TV/Android TV boxes if you have that. The TV version can act as a Karaoke app as well since you can activate the function to remove the voice of the original singer.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the taobao vip88 at 88 worth it? :o

To me it is well worth it as long as you will keep spending on Taobao like in my case.

Benefits
1) Taobao/Tmall discount

2) Xiami music VIP or Netease Cloud Music (网易云音乐) VIP (you can select only one)

3) Youku PC/Mobile VIP (not for TV).

There are other benefits as well but not so useful in Singapore.

But if you are only interested in Youku TV version VIP (good for PC and mobile phone as well), then just buy that VIP.

And Tencent Video and iQiyi are actually better than Youku Video.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just checking if anyone has used GoLive TV apps to watch the channels in China? Any feedback or reviews? Thanks.

https://www.gole.tv/

If you are just interested in China live TV, then there are many free and legal apps.

For iOS, please refer to the first page of this thread.

For Android, then you can refer to the below answer.

https://www.yangshipin.cn/ from CCTV, for iOS (may need to switch to China region) and Android phone

Shafa Market got many more apps for Android TV box.
http://m.shafa.com/list/tv
火星直播 (no ads)
橙色电视Live (no ads)
电视家 for iOS, Android phone and Android TV box
HDP 直播
小薇直播
etc

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi how do you register for PPTV sports? Need China phone number ?

Yes I have a China Mobile number, mainly for app usage and data usage during my short trips to China.

I need to pay RMB18 per month to maintain this number.

morigirl77

Reaction score
iQIYI voucher

hi, can I know if the vouchers sold in Taobao for iQiyi gold memberships can be used for the international VIP? It's so much cheaper especially they have a yearly subscriptions.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.