HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPhone Chinese Entertainment Apps

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2020, 11:50 PM   #106

Youku Tv

Is there a way to subscribe to Youku (including tv app) VIP? I managed to subscribe to it last year through apple pay but they are asking me to pay through alipay/wechatpay which i understand is not available in Singapore.
eugenehoe08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:51 AM   #107
Master Member

Is there a way to subscribe to Youku (including tv app) VIP? I managed to subscribe to it last year through apple pay but they are asking me to pay through alipay/wechatpay which i understand is not available in Singapore.
Try the following.

1) Register a Taobao account.

2) Then log in your Youku mobile phone app with Taobao account. And then use the mobile phone Youku app to scan the QR code on the TV app.

3) Within the Youku TV app (酷喵影视), buy the TV VIP, you should be able to use Singapore credit card to pay for the VIP, just like what you do for other Taobao purchase.
bumperbee likes this.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:13 PM   #108

actually is it true that different chinese entertainment like iQiyi, youku all got different drama or they share the same dramas?
memoriess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:20 PM   #109
Master Member

actually is it true that different chinese entertainment like iQiyi, youku all got different drama or they share the same dramas?
The contents are pretty different, especially for the popular ones, often iQiyi and Tencent have the best new contents, Youku is lagging behind. Mango TV has some unique contents as well especially for variety shows.

I will suggest you start with the free WeTV and iQiyi international version (no need VPN) to have a taste of the contents.

Comparison for year 2020 in Chinese.
http://zhongce.sina.cn/article/view/34129/?vt=4
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 05-07-2020 at 02:24 PM..
Old 05-07-2020, 03:51 PM   #110

It still brings me to alipay only. It does not give me the option to pay through taobao
eugenehoe08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:34 PM   #111
Master Member

It still brings me to alipay only. It does not give me the option to pay through taobao
Install Alipay app and use your Taobao account to log in. The account is linked.

There was a report of success using such method. But I have not tried myself.
bumperbee likes this.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #112

The contents are pretty different, especially for the popular ones, often iQiyi and Tencent have the best new contents, Youku is lagging behind. Mango TV has some unique contents as well especially for variety shows.

I will suggest you start with the free WeTV and iQiyi international version (no need VPN) to have a taste of the contents.

Comparison for year 2020 in Chinese.
http://zhongce.sina.cn/article/view/34129/?vt=4
is there a list of how's the subscription likes? for iQiyi, Tencent and Mango?
Old 05-07-2020, 08:13 PM   #113
Master Member

is there a list of how's the subscription likes? for iQiyi, Tencent and Mango?
Not so sure what you mean. But all these three (iQiyi, Tencent Video and Mango TV) require China VPN if you want to subscribe to the mainland China version. The payment can be a problem as well if you only have Singapore credit card. The user experiences with the mainland China VPN can be frustrating as well. You may need to pay for the VPN and you may not get 1080p consistently (720p usually no issues).

The international version do not need VPN (1080p no problem) and you can pay through Apple App Store or Google Play Store, but the contents are less and the VIP is not cheap. Still the free international version is not bad.
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 05-07-2020 at 08:17 PM..
Old 05-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #114

Not so sure what you mean. But all these three (iQiyi, Tencent Video and Mango TV) require China VPN if you want to subscribe to the mainland China version. The payment can be a problem as well if you only have Singapore credit card.

The international version do not need VPN and you can pay through Apple App Store or Google Play Store , but the contents are less and the VIP is not cheap. Still the free international version is not bad.
I am subscribed to AJS VPN. I think VPN is not a problem. Payment I can find my friend to help me pay too. Any idea how much is it or where can I check?
Old 05-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #115
Master Member

I am subscribed to AJS VPN. I think VPN is not a problem. Payment I can find my friend to help me pay too. Any idea how much is it or where can I check?
Just go to respective app and check. They have the price listed in the app.

Tencent video
https://film.qq.com/h5/vip-center/
Two types of VIP. 腾讯视频VIP is not for TV. 超级影视VIP is for TV.

iQiyi
http://vip.iqiyi.com/?from=order&fc=b2ceb1030ae89029
黄金会员 Is not for TV. 钻石会员 Is for TV.

Mango TV
https://order.mgtv.com/pay/pc/index.html
Two types of VIP, PC移动影视会员is not for TV, 全屏影视会员 is for TV.

Youku VIP
https://h5.vip.youku.com/cashdesk?type=vip

Youku TV (酷喵影视) VIP
https://h5.vip.youku.com/cashdesk?ac..._h5&type=tvvip

You need to take note usually the TV version is more expensive. The name of the TV apps are also different as they are operated by partners. You can use Dangbei market or Shafa market to download the TV version of the apps.
https://m.dangbei.com/wap-list-7-1.html
http://m.shafa.com/list/tv
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 06-07-2020 at 06:20 PM..
Old 09-08-2020, 01:13 AM   #116

Anybody subscribed to iQiyi TV version (星钻) VIP?With VIP, do you still need vpn to access the content?

Posted from PCWX using SM-N975F
camile89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:51 AM   #117
Master Member

Anybody subscribed to iQiyi TV version (星钻) VIP?With VIP, do you still need vpn to access the content?
Not subscribed to iQiyi, but yes you still need VPN as far as I know.

You can subscribe to Transocks VPN or AJS爱加速 VPN. I myself just subscribed to AJS爱加速 (RMB 198 for 12 months).

There is an iQiyi international version without the need for VPN, but the VIP is more expensive (S$8.98 for Gold membership and S$12.98 per month for Diamond membership) and yet the contents are less. You can pay through the Apple app store or Google Play Store though. And the good thing is that the free version is not bad. You can try the free version first.
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 09-08-2020 at 07:04 AM..
Old 09-08-2020, 01:28 PM   #118
Master Member

The following apps are VOP apps from Shafa market, for Android TV boxes only.

1) Tencent Video TV version 腾讯视频TV版 (云视听极光)

2) iQiYi TV version 银河奇艺果

3) Mango TV 芒果TV

(The above three got international version apps without the need for VPN. The international version is called WeTV, iQiYi International version and Mango TV international version).

4) Bilibili TV version 云视听小电视

5) Youku TV version 酷喵影视

6) More TV 云视听电视猫 (include Tencent Video contents)

7) Sohu Video TV version 云视听悦厅TV

8) PPTV 聚精彩 (VOD and live sports like EPL)
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 09-08-2020 at 05:29 PM..
Old 09-08-2020, 04:59 PM   #119

Those using 爱加速 can share with me your experience with regards to the streaming? Can do 1080 or 蓝光 ? Do your videos gey choppy?

camile89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 05:02 PM   #120
Master Member

Those using 爱加速 can share with me your experience with regards to the streaming? Can do 1080 or 蓝光 ? Do your videos gey choppy?

720p in general no issues. 1080p usually okay but sometimes choppy. Tested with Tencent Video TV version. Take note 蓝光 means 1080p for the China video apps.

Edit to add:
Just tested iQiyi mainland China version as well with AJS 爱加速 on my Mi Box S. 1080p is okay. But I think this may not be always the case.

BTW, if you need to have more simultaneous log-ins, then Transocks is cheaper than AJS.

And I have yet to try many servers in AJS so that is probably the potential reasons why sometimes it gets choppy at 1080p.

You can always try one month first to see if you like it or not, either for the China VPN or for the China video apps.

Edit to add:
Tried AJS with iQiyi TV again and indeed got problems with 1080p, 720p no issues.
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 09-08-2020 at 07:21 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.