iPhone Jailbreaking, Restoring & Unlocking Guide[Pls read first post] - Part 2

thechariot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those on 5.0.1 jb idevice.. did u receive a notification that 5.1 upgrade is available few days back? coz mine did but i ignore it..<br />
<br />
but then yesterday, coz i always do a reboot/restart once a week even though no updates or whatever, so i reboot my phone before i sleep but i left it and straight away went to sleep without looking at my phone. this morning i woke up late coz the alarm didnt went off, so i look at my phone and it was stuck at the spinning wheel.. i did a reset thrice.. same thing.. my springboard just wont load..<br />
<br />
i wasted no time coz i need to go to work, i straight away update my phone to 5.1.. <br />
<br />
so i'm just wondering, could it be that notification was the root of the prob? <br />
<br />
tried googling.. so far only one guy frm some forum faced a similar prob.. but not the same.. and he ended up no choice but to update to 5.1 too..

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried to jb ipad1 ios5.1 with redsnow but always ran into ..redsnow encountered a problem and needs to be close....

the first stage of jb went thru... but i did a tethered reboot and stuck at this problem.

Cydia appears as a white icon in ipad n safari and email wont work.....any solutions? tks.
respring your ipad.
those on 5.0.1 jb idevice.. did u receive a notification that 5.1 upgrade is available few days back? coz mine did but i ignore it..<br />
<br />
but then yesterday, coz i always do a reboot/restart once a week even though no updates or whatever, so i reboot my phone before i sleep but i left it and straight away went to sleep without looking at my phone. this morning i woke up late coz the alarm didnt went off, so i look at my phone and it was stuck at the spinning wheel.. i did a reset thrice.. same thing.. my springboard just wont load..<br />
<br />
i wasted no time coz i need to go to work, i straight away update my phone to 5.1.. <br />
<br />
so i'm just wondering, could it be that notification was the root of the prob? <br />
<br />
tried googling.. so far only one guy frm some forum faced a similar prob.. but not the same.. and he ended up no choice but to update to 5.1 too..

no problems with respring or reboot for me. take it as a lesson learnt. don't anyhow accept notifications or updates.

zorrus

Reaction score
hi guys, just want to ask, is ibooks 2.1 workable in jailbreaked ipad2 5.0.1?
cos i have yet to update to 2.1, and i wonder if i do so, my current ibooks will not work anymore...

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iphone 4 with ios 5.1 baseband 04.12.01

phone keep showing no service / searching..

checked all hardware and sim card, no prob..

prob lies with software..

tired resetting many times and restore.. prob still persists on and off.

any ways to downgrade ios or baseband?

i got no shsh

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone having problems trying to delete apps from the phone after jailbreaking 5.1? I'm using an Iphone4.

When I hit the X on the app the phone just hangs then reboots.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok merged all the data from Old backup except for my whatsapp messages messages mostly which are deleted.

Darn tired now but at least it does not hang when I hit the X button anymore.

aundray

Reaction score
need hlp iphone 4 jp set

hi, everyone..
can anyone here hlp me on this..

i have a set ip4 frm jp
was version 4.3.3
and i use gevey sim to unlock it..

after i update to iso 5.1
now i **** activate it.. cause sim not support...

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, everyone..
can anyone here hlp me on this..

i have a set ip4 frm jp
was version 4.3.3
and i use gevey sim to unlock it..

after i update to iso 5.1
now i **** activate it.. cause sim not support...

You can't unlock now cos u never preserve your baseband.

aundray

Reaction score
hi, everyone..
would like to know can i downgrade a lock cdma ip4 (activated)
frm iso 5.1 to 5.0.1 soo that i can jb to unlock..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.