iPhone Jailbreaking, Restoring & Unlocking Guide[Pls read first post] - Part 2

Wowster

Reaction score
Updated to 5.1.1 and then JB using absinthe. No problems at all just that when i was d/ling pkgbackup there was some problems detecting the program cos i guess cydia wasn't updated. Took so long to restore my themes from dropbox and somehow it couldn't be found at all even after restoring them. Therefore just went down to cydia and d/led them and again it took so long to d/l them but anyway finally had them and now everything on my phone is the same as 5.0.1

Just one question do u find starhub MOL slow in d/ling stuff from cydia and dropbox?

U updated to 5.1.1 thru iTunes? Was it 9B206 or 9B208 and absinthe 2.0 or 2.1 u are using?

TIA!!

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updated to 5.1.1 and then JB using absinthe. No problems at all just that when i was d/ling pkgbackup there was some problems detecting the program cos i guess cydia wasn't updated. Took so long to restore my themes from dropbox and somehow it couldn't be found at all even after restoring them. Therefore just went down to cydia and d/led them and again it took so long to d/l them but anyway finally had them and now everything on my phone is the same as 5.0.1

Just one question do u find starhub MOL slow in d/ling stuff from cydia and dropbox?

Jailbreak jus release. Its bound to be slow for the first few days.

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
I am on 208. Cannot jb. Tried to restore to 206. iTunes says not compatible.
Any help?

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i encountered error 3194 when i update my 5.0.1 jb to 5.1.1 non-jb.

how to solve ah? for 4s

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
Hi AbuNeNe, can chk with you...u update thru itunes or downloaded ipsw file? If from itunes, is ur 5.1.1 (9B206) or 5.1.1 (9B208)
Not using ipsw file. 5.1.1 only have minor changes so I updated through it on the iPhone using WIFI. Need 5.1.1 as absinthe only can jailbreak 5.1.1 and not 5.0.1.

Finally managed to install iFile as keep gettting http 500/hash sum error.

simcher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my iphone 4s jailbroken, and cydia seems to be fine, how ever after restarting my phone via sbsettings, i lost all jailbreak abilities, none of the cydia apps works, even cydia can't launch... just launch and goes back to springboard... sigh....

littlenini

Reaction score
Can some bros/sis help me please:

1) I keep getting this error "absinthe.exe has stopping working" half way thru the JB process. I tried at least 20 times still have this error. What is happening?

2) all my photos in camera roll are gone too... sad..

thanks in adv for the reply

pekipom

Reaction score
hi need some help with jailbroken ipod touch 4th gen iOS 5.1.1

I just did a jailbreak this morning using Absinthe and it turned out fine. I installed some add-ons like sbsettings, etc. after I started up a game app, the screen suddenly froze and slowly became whiter until there's nothing other than blue and pink lines across a white screen. I've tried everything from turning the ipod off (holding power button), doing hard restore (holding power + home button), and trying to enter DFU mode. itunes won't even detect my ipod. anyone got similar experience?

it's been a few hours and the screen remains unchanged. my only hope now is to wait for battery to completely drain out and unfortunately I just charged it last night...

Flexamoria

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I did update via itune b4 Absinthe release, got 9B206 for ip4.

Using Absinthe 2.0.1 tool....all runs well for my ip4 and ipad2

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Updated my 4S via iTunes on Friday.
Had to do restore cos phone was previously JB-ed already. Or actually can I just "upgrade" directly (noob here :p)?
I did get errors when i try to click "upgrade" though.. and was asked to do a "Restore" instead.
Anyway the version i got is 9B206.

Used absinthe 2.0 to JB.
Is there any benefits to re-JB using 2.0.1 , since there is supposedly a small bug fix?

Thanks.

Last edited:

squid93

Master Member
Reaction score

1) I keep getting this error "absinthe.exe has stopping working" half way thru the JB process. I tried at least 20 times still have this error. What is happening?

i got that error too.
make sure you restore from backup if you want your photo camera roll back.

anyway here is my solution.
go download redsnow and jailbreak using that.
after that go into cydia and download rocky racoon for untethered jailbreak.
more troublesome but this method 100% works.

anyway not the best solution unless someone can find a fix for the crashing.

我要买GT-R!

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

use 2.0.1 instead of 2.0

Updated my 4S via iTunes on Friday.
Had to do restore cos phone was previously JB-ed already. Or actually can I just "upgrade" directly (noob here :p)?
I did get errors when i try to click "upgrade" though.. and was asked to do a "Restore" instead.
Anyway the version i got is 9B206.

Used absinthe 2.0 to JB.
Is there any benefits to re-JB using 2.0.1 , since there is supposedly a small bug fix?

Thanks.

if you didn't encounter any error using 2.0 then don't bother using 2.0.1

heng32

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Maybe you use redsnow 0.9.11b4 to jailbreak then under cydia install rocky racoon untethered 5.1.1. I think it should work.

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st time using icloud to restore from backup, once i restore to 5.1.1, do i set up as new ipad or restore from backup first before jb?

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Previously updated one iphone through itunes, today another one OTA.

Both got 9B206 ... how come some ppl get 9B208 ? Got difference?

jyyj87

Master Member
Reaction score
Previously updated one iphone through itunes, today another one OTA.

Both got 9B206 ... how come some ppl get 9B208 ? Got difference?

9B208 is the latest version of iOS 5.1.1

Absinthe will not be able to jb 9B208.. will get the "this device is not supported" msg

i managed to dl a copy of 9B206.. and managed to JB my phone

for those people who're getting the no response error, don't restore all your backups to the phone 1st.

You should do a clean restore and update via the recovery mode. after that's done, do not restore from backup.. straight away JB using Absinthe 2.0.1

after the JB is done, can restore from backup already.. hope that helps!:s12:

monk80

Reaction score

I got the same problem as u .. first my absinthe 2.0.2 can't work .. stop half way while JBing ...
after a few try i found out that wherever there an incoming call my phone will re-start itself ... photo all gone ..
there how i solve it :

1) backup everything in itune (but if u already lose everything don't replace ur backup .. use your lastest backup)
2) reset ur phone to the factory setting ..(BTW I on iphone 4s (9B206)
3) configure it as a new idevice
4) JB it with absinthe ... wait
5) restore everything from itune .. wait ...
DONE .. everything back to normal only that you got a JB-ed idevice ...
took me 30 min to restore everything
hope this help .. enjoy ..

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uodated my iphone4 to 5.1.1 and jailbreak successfully... but quicklock both version not supported... any alternatives?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.