HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPhone photos backup

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2018, 10:50 AM   #1
High Supremacy Member

iPhone photos backup

Got a few questions about iPhone photos backup:

1. I have a 200GB iCloud plan. My wife’s photo also backup to this plan, including her photos. She got this bad habit of keeping all the photos in there never do any housekeeping. Now not enough space. If she deletes old photos that have backup to iCLoud, will that on iCloud be deleted as well?

2. I also have the habit to do manual backup of photos to my NAS using my Windows desktop, that is, connect phone to desktop, explore the phone looking for photos not backup yet and copy them to NAS. It used to be very easy, to follow the date time ( I save them in NAS based on year and month). But now it is very very difficult. I don’t know to follow date created or date modified, and even if the naming sequence number followed, the date can be a huge difference. This got me really confused. Any suggestions in what I can do here to make this task easier? By the way I don’t backup all junk, only family photos.
chengsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:36 PM   #2

Got a few questions about iPhone photos backup:

1. I have a 200GB iCloud plan. My wife’s photo also backup to this plan, including her photos. She got this bad habit of keeping all the photos in there never do any housekeeping. Now not enough space. If she deletes old photos that have backup to iCLoud, will that on iCloud be deleted as well?

2. I also have the habit to do manual backup of photos to my NAS using my Windows desktop, that is, connect phone to desktop, explore the phone looking for photos not backup yet and copy them to NAS. It used to be very easy, to follow the date time ( I save them in NAS based on year and month). But now it is very very difficult. I don’t know to follow date created or date modified, and even if the naming sequence number followed, the date can be a huge difference. This got me really confused. Any suggestions in what I can do here to make this task easier? By the way I don’t backup all junk, only family photos.
1.Yes

2. There isn’t a real easy way but I believe you could use iTunes to effortlessly sync photos between your device and Windows.

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/ht201302#importpc
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.