www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The iPhone Chat Room (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/iphone-chat-room-240/)
-   -   Iphone slow charging (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/iphone-chat-room-240/iphone-slow-charging-5901937.html)

firexed 15-09-2018 10:52 AM

Iphone slow charging
 
Bought a charging cable online from Lazada & it took 1 hour to charge from 9% to 52% & another 45 mins to hit 80%, isn't it abnormally slow ?

Any recommendation for better cables ?

PetPet 15-09-2018 10:54 AM

It's not the cable.
It's your charging brick.

szeli 15-09-2018 10:59 AM

which charger r u using?

firexed 15-09-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by szeli (Post 116513608)
which charger r u using?

Original Apple charger. Don't think it's the brick, only thing I changed is the cable.

szeli 15-09-2018 11:09 AM

e charger that comes with iPhones only 5w. u need a higher output charger like e.g. an iPad charger

swgj86 15-09-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firexed (Post 116513648)
Original Apple charger. Don't think it's the brick, only thing I changed is the cable.

yeah. the apple's 5W charger is pathetically slow in charging the iPhone.

firexed 15-09-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swgj86 (Post 116513896)
yeah. the apple's 5W charger is pathetically slow in charging the iPhone.

But seems to be even slower after I changed the cable..

jaymessofly 15-09-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firexed (Post 116514995)
But seems to be even slower after I changed the cable..

The cable plays a small part too. If your cable isn't MFI, high chance is that it won't charge as fast as the original.

The power brick plays the bigger role when it comes to charging speed.

fakeyou 15-09-2018 05:00 PM

Buy a iPad charger. Improve charging time

bryansim 16-09-2018 12:40 PM

The problem could be your iPhone battery. How old is your iPhone? Old batteries take longer time to charge up and quicker to discharge.

jq75 16-09-2018 12:47 PM

whats the brand of cable? try a different brand cable and test

metamofia89 16-09-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firexed (Post 116513502)
Bought a charging cable online from Lazada & it took 1 hour to charge from 9% to 52% & another 45 mins to hit 80%, isn't it abnormally slow ?

Any recommendation for better cables ?

I think the battery is the issue here. Based on experience, my old 6 took very long to charge from 95%-97% and form 97% it jumped straight to 100%. Maybe check your battery health or do the battery replacement.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.