iphone Xs chargegate?

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
My Xs Max serial is G6TX7.... from M1, so far didn't encounter this issue. But i also didn't take particular notice about it. Will monitor when i charge later.
May to know in what condition should i wait before i charge the phone to test? Screen need to be off/idle for how long?

** Ok tested liao. Mine also affected. Need to re-plug then can charge

Last edited:

nacnac74

Reaction score
If you got the phone from telco, apple store will only replace the device alone...No complete boxset. So your serial number will not tally with the box. If bought from Applestore, they will 1-1 the complete boxset. Just went to Applestore to enquire...They said no point changing because it's a software bug. Their engineer are working on it. New patch on the way. The phone has no problem in the first place.

aikishi86

Reaction score
My XS MAX with C39XD serial M1 set no issue.

Tested with original cable and magnetic cable.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Some iPhone XS and XS Max devices are experiencing charging issues

Users experiencing the issues have come up with workarounds, including upgrading to iOS 12.1 beta, which apparently eliminates the problem entirely. So whenever Apple releases that to everyone, it shouldn’t be an issue anymore. For now, others suggest going into Settings, FaceID and Passcode, scrolling down to “Allow access when locked” and turning on USB Accessories.

Eidekos

Reaction score
Mine's C39X, HK set. So far no issues ith chargegate. off and on usb settings also same.

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
friend one is cannot charge by usb if connect to pc. but connect to power adapter no problem

tec_geek

Reaction score
1D5XI3a.jpg

https://twitter.com/unboxtherapy/status/1046843684665286656?s=21

SESE75

Reaction score
Was it something to do with setting - Face ID n passcode - USB Accessories?

dawo5010

Reaction score
Was it something to do with setting - Face ID n passcode - USB Accessories?

Yes, enabling USB Accessories when locked will 'solve' the issue for most iPhones. Hence, the reason why it's speculated to be software-related.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.