HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPhone XS Esim question

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2018, 10:54 PM   #16

Why can’t Apple just sell the true dual sim versions like for China market here ?
If I’m not mistaken and from what I can understand is that, their true goal is to have and the adoption for eSIM to grow. But the China market either doesn’t have or not wanting to adopt the eSIM technology at all.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:56 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

Esim is the future. Apple is creating the direction, just like the removal of the 3.5mm jack.

If they don't do it, everyone will keep using outdated technology.
athenodorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:17 PM   #18
High Supremacy Member

Esim is the future. Apple is creating the direction, just like the removal of the 3.5mm jack.

If they don't do it, everyone will keep using outdated technology.
Yup. That’s why they are the market driver for tech.
Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:50 AM   #19
Supremacy Member

Yeah maybe esim is the future, but I disagree on the earphone jack. Sound quality of wired earphones still better than Bluetooth ones for now,
balzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:20 AM   #20
Supremacy Member

Soon android devices will use e sim too
eSIM may be the future, but why bring in eSIM phones when the country's telcos aren't ready with their eSIMs?

Anyway, is Vietnam eSIM-ready? I'm wondering about that guy who's first in the Apple queue, happily came from airport and rush to catch his flight back after he got his iPhone. Did he realize Hong Kong is the one with the physical dual-SIM and not here?
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

Again, this is market dynamics decided by Apple. There could be a chance that telcos are offering esim shortly and that Apple could be the one not being ready..

eSIM may be the future, but why bring in eSIM phones when the country's telcos aren't ready with their eSIMs?

Anyway, is Vietnam eSIM-ready? I'm wondering about that guy who's first in the Apple queue, happily came from airport and rush to catch his flight back after he got his iPhone. Did he realize Hong Kong is the one with the physical dual-SIM and not here?
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #22
Supremacy Member

Yeah maybe esim is the future, but I disagree on the earphone jack. Sound quality of wired earphones still better than Bluetooth ones for now,
it's the first step that matters. u already say 'for now' ma. it takes time for other companies to adopt it and focus on enhancing the technology. give it some time u'll never know if wireless bt technology can be equal or better than wired ones in sound quality. anyway can still use wired ones and connect via usb c/lightning. it just depend on the audio manufacturers.

furthermore technology should advance over time, i personally wouldn't want to use the same old technology (since 19xx) forever and especially so when the price keeps increasing while recycling same technology.

someone needs to push for newer technologies.

Last edited by athenodorus; 02-10-2018 at 10:25 AM..
Old 02-10-2018, 10:17 AM   #23
Supremacy Member

will the telcos ever be ready if nobody starts the ball rolling?

overall, it's still better in the long run. just have to give some time and we may all be benefiting more from it.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #24

Hopefully eSIM will be out soon. If not no point getting the iPhone XS/XS Max
Habrosus likes this.
KoBe_4EvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #25
Master Member

then no point of buying the phone now?
Bloodbro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

You buy a phone looking at esim support or select a phone based on features?

iPhone esim may not be supported now but it’s not something that is additionally charged to you..

then no point of buying the phone now?
Old 02-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don’t think the majority is even concern about esim yet for now..

Hopefully eSIM will be out soon. If not no point getting the iPhone XS/XS Max
Old 02-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #28

If I am reading it correct, with the current eSIM for Apple watch, there is a charge for activation eSIM. There is even a re-activation fee when you change your Apple Watch.

If Singtel were to do the same for eSIM for iPhone, it would mean that you will need to pay everytime you change your phone. This as compared to putting in the nanosim in your new phone and that's it.

Is there an activation fee when I subscribe for NumberShare?

Yes, there is a one-time activation fee of $10.70 that allows eSIM provisioning on the cellular watch. A re-activation fee is applicable for new eSIM provisioning in the event that you lose, replace or damage your cellular watch.
gandalfthegrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #29

How/Why does the existence(or lack there of) of esim concern you?
Old 02-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #30

I wouldn't put it past any of the telcos here, for slugging you fellas a fee for this service.

Hopefully they don’t.
If they charge for E Sim then it will be very unfair.
Odessa is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.