iPhone XS Esim question

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually eSIM would be great on prepaid or travel use. Instead of changing the physical SIM, we can just get the esim profile, then delete or turn off it when we don’t need it.

Our main SIM will be a physical SIM card, which we can easily transfer on use on another phone should the current phone malfunction.

Should be opposite, if home network in sg can support esim, the physical SIM card slot can be reserved for travel propose as any country sure can support physical sim while esim support is still just a bonus for most countries.

It is quite a shame that not all telcos in lion cities support esim yet.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
So now which telco in lion city has esim?

Prepaid
M1:?
Singtel:?
Starhub:?

Postpaid

tec_geek

Reaction score
So now which telco in lion city has esim?

Prepaid

Postpaid

Prepaid
M1: YES (iPhone only)
StarHub: NO
Singtel NO

Postpaid
StarHub: No Support for iPhone; Yes: Only Support for Apple Watch
Singtel: No Support for iPhone; Yes: Only Support for Apple Watch

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eSIM is the way forward. It is a new technology while physical SIM is backwards. They are just waiting to launch together with the new iPhone in September.

Don't expect a dual physical SIM card iPhone to launch in Singapore. It will never happen. The chances of dual eSIM slots is higher than dual physical SIM slots.
Based on what I understand, there is no need need for dual e-sim slots. eSim is more about profiles and the phone seems to be able to support multiple profiles? Not sure If i'm right though

boliao45

Reaction score
With 1 esim you can only have one single profile active, the second esim is for having second line active concurrently.

Based on what I understand, there is no need need for dual e-sim slots. eSim is more about profiles and the phone seems to be able to support multiple profiles? Not sure If i'm right though

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Prepaid
StarHub: NO
Singtel NO

Postpaid
StarHub: No Support for iPhone; Yes: Only Support for Apple Watch
Singtel: No Support for iPhone; Yes: Only Support for Apple Watch

i see. Thanks for the info. What a shame that lion city telcos are even behind neighbourhood countries such as bolehland in terms of adoptions of esim.

boliao45

Reaction score
Technically, its only about 10 months since esim is available from M1, read my speculation @post 851. I'm guessing, we should hear something about it in 2 months time from red or green or both

i can’t believe it. after 1 year, only m1 has this technology. sg is really slow in this. so much for trying to be a smart nation.

coranyge

Reaction score
Called 1627 today to apply for the eSIM and asked for waiver of the $37 registration fee. CSO rejected me even thou i told her its the first time i asked for a change of SIM card and also a corporate customer :\

Within 10 mins the eSim QR code appeared in my M1 app. Good combo with the TPG card for additional data.

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
Called 1627 today to apply for the eSIM and asked for waiver of the $37 registration fee. CSO rejected me even thou i told her its the first time i asked for a change of SIM card and also a corporate customer :\

Within 10 mins the eSim QR code appeared in my M1 app. Good combo with the TPG card for additional data.

So in the end never waiver and you paid the $37 ah

yotoden

Reaction score
Technically, its only about 10 months since esim is available from M1, read my speculation @post 851. I'm guessing, we should hear something about it in 2 months time from red or green or both

I hope your speculation is right.

jeffong

Reaction score

I doubt Singtel will ever introduce eSIM as it will result in a huge profit drain on them especially for customers currently on their pathetic Combo plans. They won't be able to sell their DataX bundles anymore since people can easily get a free TPG sim card or get a low-cost Circles plan to get cheap data.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

At least you got eSIM with M1. I'm prepared to pay $37.15 for Singtel to get the eSIM ready.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.