iPhone XS Max LTE speeds - Singtel

rohitntu

Reaction score
Hi,

What LTE speeds are you getting on Singtel's 4G network?

I'm maxing out at 70-80 Mbps on Speedtest to Singtel's servers in Singapore which seems too slow.

Phil Schiller said I should be getting 1 Gbps :)

Thanks!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You wanna test, can go suntec or town area. There can max out to 300+/-.. no phone can support up to that speed yet. I know cat 16 capable phones can get theoretical speed of 1024mbps. But so far I didn’t hear of any manufacturers that have enabled this fast speed yet.

Devices supporting 1.5gbps speed will come next year, and those on singtel with compatible device can test that speed out. Downloading 4K in 8mins..

Hi,

What LTE speeds are you getting on Singtel's 4G network?

I'm maxing out at 70-80 Mbps on Speedtest to Singtel's servers in Singapore which seems too slow.

Phil Schiller said I should be getting 1 Gbps :)

Thanks!

rohitntu

Reaction score
Well I am in the CBD, and have pretty good Singtel reception, just a bit lower speed than what I would have expected.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well I am in the CBD, and have pretty good Singtel reception, just a bit lower speed than what I would have expected.

then something is wrong somewhere.

if i'm not wrong, singtel has started trial for the 6CA since last year and that 1.5Gbps LTE is now rolling out progressively. CBD and town areas are examples of such deployment in initial phase i think.

Since iPhone Xs can support cat 16, then by right the LTE speed cannot be that low in coverage of such high speed.

perhaps we need more people with unlimited data to test at CBD town area..

rohitntu

Reaction score
Could somebody run a test on their phone and post speed you get to Singtel servers? It consumes only 100 MB or so I believe.

Singtel is asking me to go down to their service center to change SIM card etc and I can’t imagine it’s due to the SIM card. Either the SIM works or it does not. I’m seeing full bars 4G.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could somebody run a test on their phone and post speed you get to Singtel servers? It consumes only 100 MB or so I believe.

Singtel is asking me to go down to their service center to change SIM card etc and I can’t imagine it’s due to the SIM card. Either the SIM works or it does not. I’m seeing full bars 4G.

someone in your office don't have Xs max and on singtel meh?

isn't it more accurate of someone tests with you together.

sim replacement is free, can also be done at self kiosk outside some singtel retail shops..

rohitntu

Reaction score
So at Suntec city today repeated the test and I got cool 300Mbps for download and approx 40Mbps for upload.

It chews up close to 600MB of mobile data! 😅

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So at Suntec city today repeated the test and I got cool 300Mbps for download and approx 40Mbps for upload.

It chews up close to 600MB of mobile data! 😅

you're courageous. i won't waste that 600mb unless i'm close to the data renewal date. LOL.

Suntec isn't the best place to test yet, places like wheelock, ion and orchard road street, you can test it again. Hearsay you can get higher than 300mbps. :D

If we were to use note 9, S9 series to test, these 2 phones can break 600mbps due to 6CA and cat 18 LTE support, which singtel is already supporting at small pockets of area..

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get so fast speed for what??

If your plan only 2GB do the test already waste 600-800+MB...

And so fast speed but your data only that much also no point...

rohitntu

Reaction score
Get so fast speed for what??

If your plan only 2GB do the test already waste 600-800+MB...

And so fast speed but your data only that much also no point...

Actually it really makes a difference. Main need is how snappy and quickly browsing feels. With a super fast LTE images etc load very quickly when browsing and that’s what makes a big difference. Also latency for web pages to load etc.

Also downloading and syncing photos etc from cloud services. Lots of applications.

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually it really makes a difference. Main need is how snappy and quickly browsing feels. With a super fast LTE images etc load very quickly when browsing and that’s what makes a big difference. Also latency for web pages to load etc.

Also downloading and syncing photos etc from cloud services. Lots of applications.

True... :)

The speed affects the browsing and downloading experience.

But what I meant was that the fast experience is very addicting and you may find the data available is very limited. :(

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SG's 4G speed is like 3G's speed overseas. Don't expect it to really give you the 4/5G speed, it's sure throttled.

rohitntu

Reaction score
SG's 4G speed is like 3G's speed overseas. Don't expect it to really give you the 4/5G speed, it's sure throttled.

I've found SG 4G speeds to be a LOT better than US and Europe. Only asian cities like Korea, HK etc are comparable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.