Iphone XS Wifi Connectivity

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest I feel my iPhone X’s max has a much weaker wifi connectivity in terms of range compared to my other devices like iPad Pro 12.9 second gen and iPhone 7 Plus. I am using triple ASUS router setup, AIMESH, using rog rapture 5300 as main router, dual ac88u, one connected by wire and another one wireless. Yeah close range I can hit 660mbps but when go far away... cannot even connect whereas the other devices can show great signal.

At my grandma house... I’m also using starhub Linksys E8100 router too... similar results

To me no diff hahaha Wi-Fi slightly faster for the xs max compared to my x but ok, satisfied with both!

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i know your 600mbps. were you the only 5ghz user? i really keen on this router. intending to purchase it this weekend.

to be very honest, if you want to hit anything above 100mbps, you need to go 5ghz, I don't even bother with 2.4ghz anymore, waste of time really, too much interference, at most mitigate abit only ... the 5ghz from the router that I'm using can cover my entire 5 room, so no problem for me at all .. ;)

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to be very honest, if you want to hit anything above 100mbps, you need to go 5ghz, I don't even bother with 2.4ghz anymore, waste of time really, too much interference, at most mitigate abit only ... the 5ghz from the router that I'm using can cover my entire 5 room, so no problem for me at all .. ;)

What router are you using?

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
This is mine after replacing to the Asus AC86U. Awesome recco by bro Kashix. Bought during flash sale in Lazada from Asus official lazmall. $227 total damage.
Using XS Max.

fVgVpcj.jpg

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Heng mine no issue

guys,

would like to check if anyone is facing the same issue?

i have 2 iphones 6s, 1 iphone xs and xs max in my room connected to 5ghz wifi. (living in a old 4-room HDB, the router is just 3 steps away from my room)

it seems like only during gaming (mobile legend) that the XS is facing some connection issue. it lags while the other 3 devices doesn't.

i'm using starhub fibre 1gbps and also the new EA8100.

would like to know if xs has this wifi issue in their soft/hard ware?

another thing is,

i connect directly a cable to the modem of starhub to test its speed.

i'm getting 800-900mbps in IE and Firefox but only 200-300mbps using Google Chrome.

Lan cable cat5e. Test at starhub website.

I need some advice my lovely friends.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.