Yes :s13:

1ni7qLT.png
If can protect the phone then it served it's purpose liao

Sent from Rem Best Grill using GAGT

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many videos out there on YouTube. Few observations
1. Case attached magnet to the back of older iPhones if you want the MagSafe to stick to your old phones
2. The Apple MagSafe cases are not thin, so thickness of any cases should not impede the charging speed, more on whether it detects the circle
3. Some thin case providers said that their thin cases works with MagSafe (likely strong enough to get the right alignment, but not strong enough to hold your phone on a car mount)

I beg to differ.

Magnetism is actually affected by distance, so the thicker your case is equates to a larger distance between your phone and the charger.

This is why MagSafe cases have magnets embedded inside the case as well, to act as a bridge between the phone and the charger.

Wireless charging at 15W will only occur if the magnets between the phone and the MagSafe charger locks onto each other. If you have too thick a case, it’ll actually prevent the magnets from locking and you’ll only be charging your phone at the normal 7.5W speed or even lower.

Can take a look at this YouTube video for a detailed explanation on MagSafe.
https://youtu.be/ld8pzHbCbt0

Last edited:

omgitzkriss

Reaction score
1. Case attached magnet to the back of older iPhones if you want the MagSafe to stick to your old phones
2. The Apple MagSafe cases are not thin, so thickness of any cases should not impede the charging speed, more on whether it detects the circle
3. Some thin case providers said that their thin cases works with MagSafe (likely strong enough to get the right alignment, but not strong enough to hold your phone on a car mount)

hmm my only worry is that removing the phone from the MagSafe require a "Two-hands" operation instead of one.

Guess we will wait for official YouTube reviews in 2 days time

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If can protect the phone then it served it's purpose liao

Sent from Rem Best Grill using GAGT

If buy a case just to pi Cha it.. then u better buy something else lol..
So far I have never drop phone until tempered glass pi cha.. but I think this case high chance pi cha once drop

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TaoBao???? iMos also can ma...

Okay thanks man found it at Taobao. Ordered the matte one liao. Hopefully it’s not fake one sia.

Haiya you and your imos lol. Too ex already la for a screen protector. Haha.

Last edited:

weewee81

Reaction score
Okay thanks man found it at Taobao. Ordered the matte one liao. Hopefully it’s not fake one sia.

Haiya you and your imos lol. Too ex already la for a screen protector. Haha.

I ordered from TaoBao also... think same seller... haha

ksksksks

Reaction score

Older iPhones.. the magnet won’t stick to it tightly

Thickness affects

Thin case providers will change their statement very soon. Even Apple clear case u can see the magnet round ring - there’s a reason why - to get the alignment of the magnet to activate 15W and not 7.5W

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Second point is wrong. Thickness of the case will affect the charging speed due to the magnet alignment. Which is why Apple cases have magnets to aligned them properly to the iPhones and then to the charger. Without proper alignment, the iPhone will only recognize the MagSafe as a normal Qi charger.

Don’t forget there is also NFC inside the MagSafe system to detect anything that has been connected to it.

Last edited:

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Second point is wrong. Thickness of the case will affect the charging speed due to the magnet alignment. Which is why Apple cases have magnets to aligned them properly to the iPhones and then to the charger. Without proper alignment, the iPhone will only recognize the MagSafe as a normal Qi charger.

Don’t forget there is also NFC inside the MagSafe system to detect anything that has been connected to it.

Thanks. So as long as it is aligned properly, then thickness issue.

I doubt they would add a NFC to the magnet on the case. But I stand to be corrected if Apple indeed does so

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Older iPhones.. the magnet won’t stick to it tightly

Thickness affects

Thin case providers will change their statement very soon. Even Apple clear case u can see the magnet round ring - there’s a reason why - to get the alignment of the magnet to activate 15W and not 7.5W

Older iPhones wouldn’t stick at all. Except when you add a magnet, which some are using for car mount

I just want the MagSafe to be useable for my other phones. Will still have 11 Pro Max, 10s Max at home, so looking for an easy solution, which is to add a magnet to the case, which can be easily bought

Last edited:

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm my only worry is that removing the phone from the MagSafe require a "Two-hands" operation instead of one.

Guess we will wait for official YouTube reviews in 2 days time

My Worry is the cable will give way. Hope some YouTube do a stress test on it

Sionbbb

Reaction score
Mous has served my IPhone X well- so I will be getting that. I ordered the mouse limitless 3.0 for my IPhone 12 pro on lazada, and was surprised that the local vendor already passed it to Ninja Van
. The official mous website in the uk still has not even started shipping their cases yet.

Hope I didn't kena a chiong version man

katty91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mous has served my IPhone X well- so I will be getting that. I ordered the mouse limitless 3.0 for my IPhone 12 pro on lazada, and was surprised that the local vendor already passed it to Ninja Van
. The official mous website in the uk still has not even started shipping their cases yet.

Hope I didn't kena a chiong version man

Mous case is a brick to me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.