HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

M1 wifi calling

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2018, 07:31 PM   #46

Does wifi calling on StarHub even work? So far only seen the Wi-fi word beside Starhub on first day after I turned on.
I slot in my Singtel Sim immediately get Wi-if calling all the time as Long connected to Wi-if.
omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 08:09 PM   #47
Arch-Supremacy Member

When you're using the starhub sim card, make sure the wifi callimg is turned on.

Singtel carrier settings might have enabled WiFi calling by default by starhub don't.

I know m1 don't enable by default when the carrier settings are updated.

Does wifi calling on StarHub even work? So far only seen the Wi-fi word beside Starhub on first day after I turned on.
I slot in my Singtel Sim immediately get Wi-if calling all the time as Long connected to Wi-if.
Old 15-06-2018, 08:18 PM   #48

Call will still be deducted as per normal call time.. what is key is call quality when reception is not at its best.
MyNameIsNas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 09:25 PM   #49

When you're using the starhub sim card, make sure the wifi callimg is turned on.

Singtel carrier settings might have enabled WiFi calling by default by starhub don't.

I know m1 don't enable by default when the carrier settings are updated.

Yes, it has been on since I turned it on. I have only ever seen the Wi-fi word for 2 times in the first day. Subsequently, never seen it anymore, I checked the wi-fi calling it is still on though...that is why I asked.

Singtel wasnít on by default btw

Last edited by omelet; 15-06-2018 at 09:32 PM..
omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #50
Master Member

Donít get the point when u switch to wifi for better quality voice calls when Watsapp voice call also does the same thing moreover Watsapp is free
Nemesismaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 10:14 PM   #51
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes, it has been on since I turned it on. I have only ever seen the Wi-fi word for 2 times in the first day. Subsequently, never seen it anymore, I checked the wi-fi calling it is still on though...that is why I asked.

Singtel wasnít on by default btw
Lol. Mine doesn't even show since day 1. Can't be bothered.
Old 16-06-2018, 02:03 PM   #52

Was at mcdonalds earlier and my wifi hooked into wireless@sgx. Cui ! Call quality like a cui, I switch off wifi and its back to normal.
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #53

Donít get the point when u switch to wifi for better quality voice calls when Watsapp voice call also does the same thing moreover Watsapp is free
Not everyone has data plan and you canít call fixed line with WhatsApp call though.
Hummingbird0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 01:44 PM   #54

This is very convenient for me, the place I work at has horrible M1 reception and people canít call me, havenít really fully utilise it though so donít know about the call quality.
Zakhri32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #55

This is very convenient for me, the place I work at has horrible M1 reception and people can’t call me, haven’t really fully utilise it though so don’t know about the call quality.
Do tell us how the call quality is and see if you can receive SMS too?
tec_geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 02:16 PM   #56
Arch-Supremacy Member

wifi calling cannot be used to receive sms. only purely for calls..
Old 21-06-2018, 07:00 PM   #57
Supremacy Member

Tested on iPhone 6s Plus, as long as you're inside the wifi coverage, things work as usual. Not sure if have HD Voice or not though, afterall iOS doesn't show any indicator for that.

M1 only implemented Voice for IMS, so cannot receive / send SMS over M1 WiFi Calling. Have to connect to cellular network before you can do so.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 09:22 PM   #58

But still calling back home from overseas is still considered an overseas call unlike what u mobile does.

Tested on iPhone 6s Plus, as long as you're inside the wifi coverage, things work as usual. Not sure if have HD Voice or not though, afterall iOS doesn't show any indicator for that.

M1 only implemented Voice for IMS, so cannot receive / send SMS over M1 WiFi Calling. Have to connect to cellular network before you can do so.
Old 22-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #59
Great Supremacy Member

But still calling back home from overseas is still considered an overseas call unlike what u mobile does.
Does it count as local call if you use a VPN that terminates in SG?
Mach3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #60

Good question. I am not travelling anytime soon, maybe someone can try and provide FR ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.