HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

online purchase SCAM ALERT!! e-gadgetshop09 e-gadgetshop.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2018, 10:13 PM   #1

online purchase SCAM ALERT!! e-gadgetshop09 e-gadgetshop.com

Hi!
I am a victim of an online scam and would like to alert others to be careful and beware of the seller!

I wanted to buy an iphone on lazada and chanced upon seller "e-gadgetshop09". In the content it says to whatsapp him at 97786607 on how to purchase. I whatsapp him and he requested to transfer $550 to posb account: 590-222-801 then $500 to posb account: 010-652-936 before he will issue me a receipt and tracking number.
After transferring, he asked to make another payment of $300 to posb account: 425-198-998 claiming it is for malaysia custom and is refundable. Trusting him as the post is on lazada, he provided a valid website:e-gadgetshop.com with the same contact number and his whatsapp display picture was about Allah, I made the transfer. A while later, he asked to transfer another $500 for delay at malaysia custom that is also refundable.
That was when I found it suspicious and asked for a full refund on the purchase. Unfortunately there was no reply from the seller.

I have reported this case to the police and to lazada.

I hope that future buyers will be aware of this scam seller and not make the same mistake.
iphonexbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:45 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ohmy. Hope investigation goes smoothly and you get back what you paid for.. is there any chance you should report to CASE?
aztech44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:17 AM   #3

Sorry to hear this and unfortunately making payment directly to the seller is dangerous. Hopefully the police is able to help you recover the money.
sadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:01 AM   #4
Master Member

Also came across this seller while surfing Lazada as they have listed very cheap phones. Some idications that it is fake:

1) deals too good to be true.
2) no review of any of its product
3) one of picture of the listed iPhone has S/N. If u check that out in Apple warranty website, it has been activate Long time ago, and the seller claim it is new?
4) if you Google the shop name, the physical warehouse or store is not in SG.

With all these consideration and if one would still want to buy, then never transac via bank transfer to personal account. Do it via Lazada or even much safer, PayPal.
manyu882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Is it not against Lazada regulations to ask for payment by bank transfer ?
balzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #6

Hi!
I am a victim of an online scam and would like to alert others to be careful and beware of the seller!

I wanted to buy an iphone on lazada and chanced upon seller "e-gadgetshop09". In the content it says to whatsapp him at 97786607 on how to purchase. I whatsapp him and he requested to transfer $550 to posb account: 590-222-801 then $500 to posb account: 010-652-936 before he will issue me a receipt and tracking number.
After transferring, he asked to make another payment of $300 to posb account: 425-198-998 claiming it is for malaysia custom and is refundable. Trusting him as the post is on lazada, he provided a valid website:e-gadgetshop.com with the same contact number and his whatsapp display picture was about Allah, I made the transfer. A while later, he asked to transfer another $500 for delay at malaysia custom that is also refundable.
That was when I found it suspicious and asked for a full refund on the purchase. Unfortunately there was no reply from the seller.

I have reported this case to the police and to lazada.

I hope that future buyers will be aware of this scam seller and not make the same mistake.
That is quite blatant it is a scam, anything that asks you to bank transfer money beforehand on these online markets is generally a scam.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.