HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Password on Notes - how to change or remove it entirely?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2020, 05:37 PM   #1

Password on Notes - how to change or remove it entirely?

Hi guru there, as the subject and I have followed the procedures given by Apple support. However, I am still unable to remove or change the password created in Notes. I have no issue using Face Recognition to gain access to those Notes with locked feature. I can also remember my Apple ID which I believe it is ties to icloud too. I was able to get into the reset password page and changed it but then when I returned to the Notes, it failed again. Is there anyway, I can resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.
nethdale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 09:33 PM   #2

Hi guru there, as the subject and I have followed the procedures given by Apple support. However, I am still unable to remove or change the password created in Notes. I have no issue using Face Recognition to gain access to those Notes with locked feature. I can also remember my Apple ID which I believe it is ties to icloud too. I was able to get into the reset password page and changed it but then when I returned to the Notes, it failed again. Is there anyway, I can resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.
I think the password on the Notes app could be a password that was separately setup that might be different from the Apple ID.
tec_geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 11:06 PM   #3

What do you mean exactly? You canít change at settings > notes > password?
Try to unlock old locked notes, sync it den lock them back with new password?
PongRareRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 08:11 AM   #4

What do you mean exactly? You canít change at settings > notes > password?
Try to unlock old locked notes, sync it den lock them back with new password?
Hi, to answer your first part, I managed to reset the password at setting and also managed to change to new password with hint. After changing successfully, when I returned to the Notes, using the new password, it was unsuccessful and the hint was still the old one.

Honestly and sorry, I donít own a personal laptop and I believe I am unable to sync this?

Lastly, I even tried to delete an existing notes by creating a new one thinking that
I can use the newly created password but I was disappointed. By the way, can I just using the lock 🔐 without any password? Thanks in advance.
Old 29-07-2020, 08:12 AM   #5

I think the password on the Notes app could be a password that was separately setup that might be different from the Apple ID.
Agreed. But how to remove this password created which I have forgotten? TIA.
Old 29-07-2020, 08:48 AM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Agreed. But how to remove this password created which I have forgotten? TIA.
I donít think you can remove a password that you have forgotten without doing a restore
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 09:08 AM   #7

I don’t think you can remove a password that you have forgotten without doing a restore
Thanks. Sian. I more concerned when I switch to another iphone, would this still haunt me? Thanks.

Last edited by nethdale; 29-07-2020 at 09:10 AM..
Old 29-07-2020, 09:13 AM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Thanks. Sian. I more concerned when I switch to another iphone, would this still haunt me? Thanks.
if you do icloud restore, it might
Old 29-07-2020, 09:39 PM   #9

Unfortunately, if you had forgotten the password for some of the notes, there is no way to retrieve them.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT20...orgot_password

In order to forget and reset/change the password for the notes to take place, the notes must have already been unlocked.

Else, the (new) password will not be updated or changed to the locked notes.
tec_geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 10:38 AM   #10

Hi there,

I managed to resolve the issue though is a bit lame. Firstly, I "reset password" in Setting -> Notes and created a new password for Notes. Thereafter, what I did was to copy those contents in Notes with old(or forgotten) password to a new Notes with new password generated, after I have successfully copied the contents to the new Notes, I deleted the old Notes with old(or forgotten) password.

Thanks guys for your advice.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.