HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [LTA Trial for  Pay Has Ended] [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree310Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2018, 08:21 AM   #3526

Apple Pay is not supported with your recent visa registration. Both are different altogether. If you have missed the previous mobile device registration, then Apple Pay will not work.

Oh man thought I would be able to do that...
lazy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #3527

Interestingly there is no difference at layman level between the two and saying that you can add your cards to either “Apple Pay” or “Apple Pay via iCloud wallet” leads to the same result, just that one is more specific than the other. Not sure why there is a need to say one is wrong when trying to follow the instructions either way would not lead to a right or wrong outcome, but the same right outcome. I am technical cos I have been on this field for quite a while, arguing things about pros and cons of open and closed transit fare systems and such, that such interchangeable terms that doesn’t harm anyone is not of concern other than about who is being more righteous rather than practicality.
Actually you’re still wrong. What TransitLink needs when we register is the device account number on the phone which is unique from device to device and different from the physical card number. regardless of whether the card is backed up or synced to iCloud or not, the device account number will be different, re-registration will still be needed. Thus iCloud in this case plays no part in mobile wallet ABT and might cause an even deeper confusion for the consumers.
Seederad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2018, 05:56 PM   #3528
Great Supremacy Member

Actually you’re still wrong. What TransitLink needs when we register is the device account number on the phone which is unique from device to device and different from the physical card number. regardless of whether the card is backed up or synced to iCloud or not, the device account number will be different, re-registration will still be needed. Thus iCloud in this case plays no part in mobile wallet ABT and might cause an even deeper confusion for the consumers.
But you need to have a credit card in your iCloud before you can have the DPAN assigned isn’t it? I think it is malicious of you to suddenly reframe the question to your advantage out of the blue, when the original question was just having CEPAS card in one’s ABT account enough for one to start using his iPhone X to tap for transit. There’s no need to assert that one is right or wrong, you just answer me, is that what the original question posed, yes or no?

Last edited by tamago_; 28-12-2018 at 05:59 PM..
tamago_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:22 PM   #3529

A bit off topic but my NETS got added to ABT already. Will be a good backup should my phone not work smoothly on buses.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:23 PM   #3530
High Supremacy Member

Just tap your Visa card at the gate. When I tried to activate it at the GTM, I got an error message. But apparently, it still worked.
I ended up just continued with my MasterCard.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:24 PM   #3531
High Supremacy Member

A bit off topic but my NETS got added to ABT already. Will be a good backup should my phone not work smoothly on buses.
Well, why not? I would rather you use the same card like the one on your phone.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:39 AM   #3532

I posted previously that both my passion card and its replacement card spoiled within a year of me using it for ABT. Can use it for everything else: withdrawing money, changing it to EZ link etc. So I decided to try the ATM card lor.

Well, why not? I would rather you use the same card like the one on your phone.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:54 PM   #3533

anyone tried if the credit card expired and got a new card with new expiry date, does the existing apple pay still work?
or need to remove and re-add card to apple pay?
Old 04-01-2019, 03:09 PM   #3534

anyone tried if the credit card expired and got a new card with new expiry date, does the existing apple pay still work?
It’ll continue to work
PetPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:35 PM   #3535

For me, my debit mastercard was replaced by the bank (UOB). My UOB mastercard in apple pay continued to work until the next working day, following which the fare readers refused to recognize my apple pay for tapping in already.
Maybe for credit card, it will be different.
lexmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #3536
Supremacy Member

is there an Android Pay equivalent for this thread?
wilflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:38 PM   #3537
Master Member

is there an Android Pay equivalent for this thread?
No.

10char
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:42 PM   #3538

I posted previously that both my passion card and its replacement card spoiled within a year of me using it for ABT. Can use it for everything else: withdrawing money, changing it to EZ link etc. So I decided to try the ATM card lor.
Yup mine also spoil while using ABT, my second card btw as first card also spoil then I re-registered again and going through those troublesome steps by visiting transit office and go GTM switch from cepas to bank, yet again the contactless limit reached. So be careful for physical card, my initial cepas ezlink value inside also cannot take out since SMRT and transit staff cannot read my 2nd spoil passion card or even switch back to cepas.

Now by 2nd card spoil, still can do ATM withdrawal but cannot process contactless payment as I never request for 3rd card. Now I use different bank card with normal cepas with ez-reload.

Occasionally I used my registered mobile ABT from iPhone and my OnePlus (which is from my 2nd card, not affected by any limit as it virtual) Hope official rollout the physical limit is gone.

Last edited by Fellowes; 06-01-2019 at 04:55 PM..
Fellowes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:39 PM   #3539

Sorry noob question, you all can use iphone apple pay for taking mrt and bus?
Old 06-01-2019, 09:43 PM   #3540

Yes, for those who registered for the mobile trial a few months back. However they have since closed it.

Sorry noob question, you all can use iphone apple pay for taking mrt and bus?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.